Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by Wyzack » #92452

Bottom post of the previous page:

(Nsos roll some dice homie, lets get this going))
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #92649

Code: Select all

rolled 2d6 = 8 ( 5 + 3 ) + 1 DM
= 9
what did i have to pass, 8?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92776

I belive 8 is generally the sucess number, yes
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #92777

((Yeah, 8 is target, but did you have a corresponding ability modifier to add?))
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #92964

He rolled an 8. With Broker 1 (for a +1) and a C Starport (for another +2) it's actually an 11.

It takes you two days of wandering around to locate a legitimate supplier willing to do business with you and not advertising ridiculous cutthroat rates. You have a meeting scheduled to talk about what units of what you would like and set prices with a very serious looking man named Arturias Dell. He looks like a cross between a military veteran and a corporate executive, he's perfectly manicured and make-up'ed despite his skin being pitted and scarred in places from obvious action. You can't tell if his thousand-yard-stare is a sign that he's weighing the numbers of a business deal or remembering some wartorn battlefield. Either way, he's extremely regimented and does not like to waste time or words.

Arturias' posting lets you know he has available all the Common Goods, the Trade Goods that match Trin's description (unfortunately only Ga) as well as the following:

40 tons of Petrochemicals (in barrels)
30 tons of Robots (fully assembled, in packaging!)

Early on while discussing the meetup, when he determines you're legitimate and not a sting operation he also lets slip that he has 2 tons of Illegal Luxuries available (a collection of art objects stolen by a Space Pirate, "liberated" from the local Imperial impound and available for sale to you!)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #93088

Cyrus raises an eyebrow. "Alright, team huddle. Those illegal goods he has would make us a fortune on Ednelt. The only problem is that buying it would take a massive chunk of our available cash, and we would not see a return for 3 jumps. Not to mention the not inconsiderable risk at Ednelt customs, they are fucking nuts over there. I say we give it a pass and stick to basic machine parts, basic manufactured goods, and maybe some robots if we have the space. Thoughts? "
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #93187

"You're the captain, although I think we should at least get one piece of art for the ship, if just to liven her up a bit. We should probably stay away from flammable materials until we can afford any potential repairs."
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #93192

Mac nods. "Yeeeah, I ain't too fond on the idea of our maiden voyage bein' our last. Let's play it safe for now."
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #93201

"As long as we don't do anything stupid we might have a shot at smuggling it. I say we push the envelope."
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #93236

"It is not the risk so much as it is the cost. Lets see what we can get for the goods we planned on, and then if we have room and money left we will see about some smuggling, hmm?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #93708

"What kinda robots are we talking about, here? I mean, if we can spare the dough, maybe we should pick up a loader-bot for our own use. That'd save us money in the long run from havin' ta pay people to load our cargo for us."
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #93714

((Now we need Anon3 to roll for how much of each desired commodity this guy has, and Danny needs to roll barter to negotiate the price))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #93723

Wyzack wrote:((Now we need Anon3 to roll for how much of each desired commodity this guy has, and Danny needs to roll barter to negotiate the price))
((he'll tell you how much of something he has when you go to talk to him and tell him what you want))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #93725

"Alright, we are heading to a little agricultural dirtball, so what do you have in the way of machine parts and manufactured goods?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #93734

((Okay so you're all done chatting beforehand and you guys are going to meet up with him now? Who is going?))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #93954

((Presumably me and Danny, as i am the captain and he is the broker. Anyone else who wants to could also come))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #94025

((I'll go if Dick goes, you know... because bodyguarding and stuff.))
nsos

Post by nsos » #94028

(i'll be there)
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #94030

((Dick's going))
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #94078

((Mac probably wouldn't have much of a reason to be there. She's probably going over the ship to make sure everything's in good shape, getting used to it, etc. She doesn't have much knowledge re: trade goods, anyway. She's already said her part regarding the cargo.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #94223

((I've poked scones to get them in here. Azari while poking around the ship you find something, a something I'm not going to reveal to you and the rest of the group until after they're finished negotiating))

Following the address given to you takes you on a short trip down three different lifts and across two different trams to a rather secluded section of the hive in which you're docked. You at arrive at what is a surprisingly clean and upscale looking office in contrast with the two large men with rifles guarding the lobby. The petite secretary seems totally at ease with the two toughs, and buzzes you through into the adjoining conference room. Inside, Arturias gestures to a large sitting area around a small coffee table and seats himself.

"You're looking to buy some goods for a voyage. Just tell me what you want and I'll have the entire local supply of it sitting securely in your ship's cargo hold by the end of the day."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #94532

((Aw shit yes, you guys are gonna love this.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #94573

"Alright. first of all we need any and all basic machine components you have. Anything used to make or maintain basic equipment that a fringe agri world may need. Also looking for manufactured goods, appliances, clothes and such. Can you help us out?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #94589

"Post-devastation reconstruction is a constant effort. The machine parts Trin makes, Trin uses."

Arturias produces a small ledger from inside his sport coat. As he does so you catch a glimpse of some kind of protective vest and the straps for a shoulder holster.

"At best I can provide you with a scarce 10 tons of machine parts. Manufactured goods, on the other hand, we're always producing and immigration has been a bit light lately. I have 50 tons earmarked I could make available to you."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #94605

"I think we may be willing to clean you out on manufactured goods, lets talk price."

( this is where NSOS comes and get us the goods for 25% base value with his wit and charm, right?))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #94618

((If he's the talker. Broker + (Intelligence OR Social Standing, whichever is higher) DM's + 3D6. No other modifiers in this case))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #94619

((I think I might be a little better at talking than NSOS's guy, since I have 10 in SS. What would that mean I'd roll? I lost my PDF.))
Spoiler:
nsos

Post by nsos » #94626

(10 in SS is +1 on the DM. Danny only has a 7 in social standing, which is +0. we have about the same DM at +1. you've got the +1 from SS but none from broker, i've got the +1 from broker but none from SS.

but you have a much higher persuade than me so if for whatever reason my negotiation crashes and burns you're guy who's coming in to clean up my spaghetti of the floor)

Danilo's nodding. He's been half listening to the current conversation, semi-focused on the big guys with rifles outside the door. They don't necessarily make him scared or anxious - he's seen plenty of them in plenty of other places before - but subconsciously it's given him a bit more of a desire to wrap up this deal as soon as possible. "Yeah, let's talk price. 50 tons. That amount's good for us and-" he glances back to Cyrus, then back to Arturias with a smile a little bit too big. "You run a pretty tight operation, and you've given us the deal straight-up, I'm really impressed with that, and I don't see why we can't do more business in the future after this deal, too, right?"

Riflemen still in the back of his mind, Danilo pulls up a seat across from Arturias, folding his hands together. "So... yeah. Let's start off with the manufactured goods. Depending on what price we agree on for those, then we might still have a little bit of a budget to use on machine parts or anything else that you have to offer."

(i'm gonna ask an0n to take my broker roll this round because i'm not 100% sure i have the DM totals completely understood, b gentle dice god)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #94640

((sounds like you've got it right))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #94803

Code: Select all

rolled 3d6 = 10 ( 4 + 2 + 4 ) + 1 DM
= 11
used https://rolz.org/
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #94819

((95% of their base value, not great not bad))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #94955

((It's hard to get discounts on staple goods like these unless you're on a planet that would have a ridiculous abundance of them. Even with only a 5% discount if you take these to somewhere with a lot of demand you should be able to swing at least a modest profit))

"...so if you're intent on taking everything I have available, fifty tons for 475000 credits is fair."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95008

((That comes to 9500 a ton, just to make the math easier.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95016

((if we take 20 tons that will cost us 190 000, leaving us 14k for berthing fees and other costs. Sound good?))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95018

((Assuming he'll give use that rate at less than "buy everything I have".))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95024

"Alright Arturias, 20 tons of manufactured goods at 190,000 creds, do we have a deal?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95094

"Hmph. Fine. Anything else you're looking to export or will that conclude our negotiation?"
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #95099

"I would say my agent, but... Nah, Lee can handle herself."
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95148

Yes i think that will be all. Thanks for doing business, we will look you up next time we are in Trin and looking to move some goods."
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95165

((How are you guys paying for this? Whose money bankrolled that? Once you figure that out you'll have the goods loaded up that evening and be ready to go the next morning))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95169

((I assume we are using all of everyone's money plus most of Dick's. We had 204k in the pot, but I held some back for berthing fees and stuff))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95277

((I had to pull 5k of my contribution because I needed to buy tools. Not sure if you factored that in. I am not gonna have a huge share of this profit, but I guess that's the cost of being able to do my job.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95279

((Yeah, i never factored it in in the first place. Are we all on the ship now or what? I want to see our new home in person))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95290

((You're wherever you want to be after that meeting. Or if you all want to just skip ahead to departing, we can do that))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95294

((I'll take the reigns for a second and reveal some GM-provided information, if you guys want.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95300

((Sounds good to me))

Cyrus and approaches the docking bay where their ship is parked, two large suitcases in tow, a cigarette hanging from his lips
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95308

Mac emerges from the ship, wiping her hands on a rag. The only thing that this seems to be accomplishing is getting the rag grimier. She grins a lopsided grin.

"'bout time y'all got back. I found somethin' I think yer gonna wanna see. This ol' tub is fulla surprises!"
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #95309

"Good surprises I bet, considering the smile. Show us!"
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95349

Mac leads the rest of the crew towards the back of the ship, where engineering borders the cargo bay.

"I was tryin' t' figger out what the previous owners were doin' with this added bulk and shoddy-lookin' additions. Things just seemed thicker than they needed t' be. At first, I put it down as jerry-rigged repairs done by summun' with no idea what 'ey were doin', but then I noticed..."

She knocks her fist against an innocuous wall panel, and it falls away, revealing a hollow portion of the wall. She grins again.

"This thing wuddn't used by a little ol' lady to drive to 'er book club, that's fer sure. Near as I can tell, insides 'a these hidden compartments're lined with sensor-defeating materials. This ship was a smuggler."
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #95357

"My my, I knew The Queen had some some secrets but I would not have guessed smuggling be one of them. Shame we didn't know about this earlier, could have helped our purchasing decisions."
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95367

Cyrus gives a lopsided grin.

"Well well well. This changes things somewhat dunnit? Once we hit Prilissa we will have to see about gettin some less than legal cargo to sell at Ednelt. In the meantime we gotta shit load of free space and no cargo. Let's see if we can line up any freight or pass angers before we set out."

Cyrus goes up to the captain's stateroom and plops his suitcases on the bed. One containes a few sets of plain clothes, some liquor bottles and a carton of cigarettes. From the second he pulls out a heavy flack jacket, a shotgun, and three different handguns, with ammunition for each. Once everything is safely stowed he heads back down to the cargo bay.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster