Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by Wyzack » #95367

Bottom post of the previous page:

Cyrus gives a lopsided grin.

"Well well well. This changes things somewhat dunnit? Once we hit Prilissa we will have to see about gettin some less than legal cargo to sell at Ednelt. In the meantime we gotta shit load of free space and no cargo. Let's see if we can line up any freight or pass angers before we set out."

Cyrus goes up to the captain's stateroom and plops his suitcases on the bed. One containes a few sets of plain clothes, some liquor bottles and a carton of cigarettes. From the second he pulls out a heavy flack jacket, a shotgun, and three different handguns, with ammunition for each. Once everything is safely stowed he heads back down to the cargo bay.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95505

"Alright folks, one last order of business before we finally take the Queen on her maiden voyage. We have all this extra cargo space, it would be a damn shame to not get any use out of it. Lets see if we can haul any freight to Prillissa. Might also be a good idea to grab some passengers as well."

((Alright so i did some of the number crunching for freight stuff. Our current journey has a freight value of 8. pop of Prillissa is 5, +1 for a destination agri world, +2 for Trin being an agri world. The table has modifiers for every trade code type, i assumed you just took the highest rather than adding up every applicable one but the book did not seem to clarify. This means that we have 1d6+5 minor freight lots available and 1d6+4 major ones.

The passenger game here is insane. Trin has a population of 8, plus 2 for being a garden world, plus 2 more for heading to a garden world. This gives us a passenger rating of 12, and this is without Dick rubbing elbows with the locals to find some more, which is also possible. This means there are 6d6 low passengers, 4d6 middle passengers and 3d6 high passengers availible. I don't know about you guys but i would kinda like us to be able to have our own rooms, at least for our first voyage. Assuming Scones is still playing that means we have 4 staterooms available, or 7 if we double up. I will warn you though, Cyrus is a chain smoker and the life support might not take it. We also have 6 low berths for any brave bastards who wanna chance cryo.

The final consideration to take is mail. Mail is a one ton sized data drum of important info and works a bit differently in that we add up a bunch of modifiers and make a roll. If we get higher than 12, we can take one drum of mail for a tidy 25,000 creds. We get a +1 for our voyage having a freight value of 8, a +1 for Cyrus' rank in the navy, and another bonus equal to the highest social standing DM of the party, probably Dick. We then have Anon3 roll 2d6 and add these modifiers, shooting for about 12. Not great odds, but might as well try, There is a +2 bonus for having an armed ship, so we should get a cannon of some kind asap. Sorry for the wall of autism, but there is all the math for this voyage done. We just need Anon3 to make some rolls.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #95524

((What trade codes did you get for Prillisa? Trin is a Garden world, not an Agricultural world))

EDIT: Prilissa is TL 6, Ag, Ga, Ni. Pop 5.

Freight traffic is then

5+2+1+1+1 for a total of 10.
You get 1 Incidental lot, 10 Minor lots, and 7 Major lots

I already fudged a roll from Dick earlier in regards to passengers, getting a total of +7 (which should half to +3)
Passenger traffic is then

8+2+2-1+3 for a total of 14
You get 18 low passages, 12 Middle Passages, and 6 High passages

Mail is
+2+1+1 (the ship has two turret hardpoints on it already, but nothing in them. getting guns in there will give you a +2 on future rolls)

Rolled 6 + 4 = 10 < 12 ;; no mail this trip

Oh and regarding Scones I'm going to try to get their character from them and open it up to someone else playing as them.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95525

((Sorry that was what i meant, agri and garden have the same modifier. Prissilla gave me agri, garden, and non industrial. As an aside, Trin's Veil is a little weak for trade. Ever since Trin got sacked there is no industrial world in the entire subsector, and industrial worlds produce some of the most valuable goods. We might want to consider heading over to Glissen))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95626

((Nobody says you have to come back to Trin

Decide what configuration of freights you want to fit in your remaining hold and which passengers you want to carry with and let's get this show on the road))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95651

((How many passengers can we actually carry? We don't have a huge amount of living space.))
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95663

Your ship has 10 staterooms and 6 low berths.

High and middle passengers both need a stateroom for themselves. The difference between them is in cargo space (each high passage needs a ton of their own, while most of the time all your middle passengers' stuff can fit into a single ton) and steward skills (between the current crew you can handle 8 high, 4 high and 10 middle, or 20 middle).

Low berths are exclusively for low passengers. A "low-berth" is just a cryo-tube people get frozen inside of for the duration of the trip and (god's willing) thaw out from on the other side (Medical check with a +DM from the passenger's Endurance attribute...if nobody has any medical skill WELP THEMS THE BREAKS).

Ideally you'll want to fill the staterooms your crew isn't occupying with high passengers because your skills allow you to accommodate them. For example, based on the values you currently rolled, you're better off just accommodating the 6 high passengers, ignoring the 7th middle passenger you could fit (because no Steward to take care of them), enjoying 4 state rooms between the 6 of you, and cramming the tubes full of popsicle people.

You'll need roughly 6 free tons of space for these peoples' junk. The low-berths only get to bring about 10kg worth of crap onboard with them that fits roughly into the tubes themselves.

The six high passengers are worth a total of 72,000 credits for your two-parsec jump. The six low berths pay you 7,200 and however many of them make it or don't.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95740

(((I assume you are giving me some free reign to make some of these rolls, i promise i will be honest) Alright so we have our 20 tons of manufactured goods headed for Prillissa. In addition to that we have acquired one major frieght of 30 tons, bringing us to 50 tons. There are 12 high passengers available, we snatch up 6 bringing us to 56 tons in the cargo bay and 4 rooms left for us. We also have all 6 low berths filled, we will set another ton aside for them. I am not entirely sure what Dick's social standing DM is, but seeing as i rolled a 7 on the 2d6 it does not matter much, we get no mail. We have a little more cargo space, so after rolling for the available minor freights we manage to find a nice small one at 5 tons. This brings our cargo usage to 62 tons, only a few to spare. This includes 20 tons of our trade goods, 35 tons of freight, and 7 tons of passenger baggage. And with that, i think we are ready to go!

EDIT: Just so you all know the freight is 1200 per ton for a two parsec jump, so only 42000 for the lot. Not great, but there is no overhead and we were not using that cargo space anyways.))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95770

((I already rolled the mail but I don't mind you guys taking the initiative and rolling for things like that on your own

so far so gud, you're looking at 121,200 profit before reselling your cargo! all aboard, it's time for you to go a voyagin'!

[youtube]nFSHrnqQyV4[/youtube]))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95776

On launch day Cyrus has the crew meet in the bridge before takeoff.

"Alright people, this is what we have been preparing for. Mac, I am gonna need you on standby near the engine after you plot our astrogation, this jump drive has been out of commission for a while. The rest of you can be on the bridge or around as you like, make sure the passengers don't stray where they are not supposed to. Any questions?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95796

ASTROGATE: Easy (+4) Education (+2) + Astrogate (+1) - Jump distance (-2), for a total of +5 DM

"Heading locked in, cap'n!"

Divert power: Education (+2) + Engineering [Jump drive] (+1)

"Power is ready to divert. Jump ready on your command!"
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95797

((So this is after we have cruised out to a safe distance, right?))

Cyrus leans forward in his captain's chair and activates the ship PA system

"Hello everyone, this is the captain speaking. We are about to activate the jump drive for our cozy little trip to Prillissa, which as you probably know will take roughly a week. We thank you for joining us on the Mississippi Queen for her maiden voyage, and ask that you power down all unnecessary electronics until we have transitioned to jumpspace. If this is your first flight, do not be alarmed by the dimming of lights and any noises when we jump, it is all perfectly normal. Let your steward know if you need anything, have a comfortable flight."

He shuts off the PA and looks to the crew assembled on the bridge and gives a lopsided grin.

"Alright Mac, punch it!"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95806

Jump!: 2d6+Effect of divert power engineering check (+2)

"Here...we...gooooo!"
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95808

The flickering of the interior lights is mirrored in the stars you can see out the cockpit's windows. There's a great roar like a giant prop spooling up, a turbine propelling your entire reality somewhere else.

A familiar ripple runs down your skin and bones. For some travellers this is ecstacy, for others the absolute worst part of the job. There's a shock like God just dumped a bucked of ice water over your head signalling your arrival in the space inbetween space.

So far, so good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95815

Cyrus calls everyone onto the bridge and pulls out six (five?) glasses and a brown bottle of liquor.

"This is scotch from my home world of Hazel, probably the only nice thing to come out of that pit, 'sides myself of course. Thought we could have a toast to our first voyage together."
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95816

((speaking of numbers there, scones is obviously out of the game at this point and we could use a player to replace them. if any of you know someone that would like to fill in that gap have them talk to me))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95820

((When we first pitched the idea I think Ricotez showed interest but there was no room. Might be polite to give him first dibs))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95929

((As a side note i got a nice 16 for jump travel time, we will be in transit for 6.83 days. Combined with Mac's nice Atrogate and jump rolls our first voyage is nice and smooth))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #95935

Suddenly, a giant ship shaped like a massive dong appears in the space inbetween space beside you!
You hear a crackly voice on the PA... "I AM CAPTAIN BLUEDONG. SUBMIT YOUR VESSEL TO ME OR FACE A PROPER DONGING!"
What will you do?
I play Boris Pepper.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95943

((Admin abuse ban he))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #96028

((actually we don't really need a 6th crewmember anyway. we'll RP it out if you guys want to go through and try to recruit another member.
Mac's expert navigation and jump drive usage means you'll be in transit with your passengers about a week, and the trip to Prilissa will be incredibly short once you're in system))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96035

((Woo alright Mac!))

Cyrus spends most of his time drinking and smoking in his cabin whilst watching the boiling hydrogen out his cabin window, tinkering with his robot arm or walking around the bridge and cargo bay
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #96041

Your snooty high class passengers clamor for entertainment and good food!

They paid top dollar for this voyage!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #96043

Mac does her best to keep up with the demands of the passengers (Steward 1) while trying to make sure nothing is going to fall apart and send everyone (briefly) screaming into Boiling Hell Dimension.

((When we lost Scones I think we lost a lot of our Steward points. If we pick someone else up they should probably be good at that shit.))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #96046

Ruggero searches the halls for Dick. For only his entertainment can save us from a rowdy crew.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #96053

((ONLY DICK CAN SAVE US))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #96055

Bluespace wrote:Suddenly, a giant ship shaped like a massive dong appears in the space inbetween space beside you!
You hear a crackly voice on the PA... "I AM CAPTAIN BLUEDONG. SUBMIT YOUR VESSEL TO ME OR FACE A PROPER DONGING!"
What will you do?
EndgamerAzari wrote:((ONLY DICK CAN SAVE US))
i'm just saying
I play Boris Pepper.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96275

((I think Maccus was celebrating a birthday yesterday (hbd space Richard prior) but I am sure we will be back today. Also what is our total steward score with scones gone? Can we even support the passengers we took on? Will we have to retcon a few?))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #96288

EndgamerAzari wrote:((ONLY DICK CAN SAVE US))
[youtube]LzM0VCcahXY[/youtube]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #96311

Mac has steward 1 and I'm pretty sure Dick does too.

It should be fine. And if it isn't, I'll fudge it for this voyage and say it is covered.
nsos wrote:.
This is fucking amazing
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96594

((Alright lets get this back on track, do we actually need to make any skill checks before we arrive in Prillissa? ))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #96604

(( The passengers man, don't you want a good review on space yelp!?))
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #96715

Dick kicks in the door, ripping his shirt apart, Hulkamania-style.

"I'll drink any turkey in this room under the table, guaranteed."
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #96716

((Roll Carouse and let's see what happens))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #96717

((Roll(2d6)+5:
1,5,+5
Total:11))
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #96718

Three hours of hard drinking later, everyone has collapsed in random places around the common area and their own state rooms.

((Is this the plan to keep everyone entertained for the roughly week-long trip through subspace?))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #96760

((All aboard the USS Cirrhosis for the booze cruise of a lifetime!))
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #96761

((IT'S THE PLAN UNTIL IT DOESN'T WORK))
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96777

((Are we actually responsible for entertaining them completely for a full week? If so we should probably pick up some arcade machines or something))

Cyrus, having learned previously to not attempt outdrinking Dick, whips up some of his miracle hangover cure for the passangers, (raw eggs and pickle juice or something equally disgusting) And then swings by the bridge to check on the ships systems, make sure everything is running smoothly.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #96822

((Having some kind of idea of how you're keeping folks entertained for the duration of your trips is good. It's not necessary to RP it all out but high passengers want entertainment of some sort))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96832

((Makes sense, we should probably pick up some stuff to facilitate this as high passengers are such good money))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96923

Cyrus does his part to help entertian the guests, wowing them with embellished stories of his days in the navy, showing off his shiney metal arm and playing cards and stuff.

((We need to do anything else on this journey, or are we good to leave jumpspace near Prillissa?))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97320

The ship travels on unimpeded. People are pretty sauced the whole way through and everyone contributes some kind of anecdote for entertainment. You impress them as a daring crew of space explorers, despite this being your first voyage together as a crew.

At the end of the week, you appear just on the edge of 100 diamaters from Prilissa. 14,000,000km, approximately.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97323

Once the Queen drops out of jumpspace, Cyrus plots a course for the system's star port, but flies manual for a while just for the hell of it.

((What is our transit time here?))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97333

Before that, I need a sensors check for the crew.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97335

"Alright Mac, give a local sweep, anyone waiting for us?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #97338

Elsewhere in the Queen, Danilo sits across from a concerned passenger, legs crossed, with a look on his face that can only be described as 'defeated'. For nearly the entire trip, an endless flow of passengers have sought him out to be their personal mayo clinic. The journey cannot end quickly enough and he's getting tired of explaining to people that they don't have cancer or a flesh eating virus, just an STD.

"I mean, no, even if the rash is in that spot it's not that big of a deal. It's not contagious and probably not going to kill you," he tells the concerned passenger. "Also there are plenty of places on Prilissa that will sell you a cream for that. It'll be gone in like a week."

He thinks back to the toast he made with Cyrus at the start of the voyage and wonders why he didn't just down the whole bottle of whiskey then and there.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #97375

((Dammit.))

"Not pickin' up anything, cap'n."
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97421

"Alright, monitor for a little while. Pirates tend to prowl for ships this far out and that is the last thing we need right now"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97432

((Hold your horses kids there's something right there. Helping move more people's shit again today. Will try to update later))
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97646

Your sensors pick up an anomaly some 1,200km out from your arrival point. You're lucky you didn't land on top of it. Your sensors describe a large, hollow structure with very limited eletrical and thermal activity.

Looking out your window you see it for yourselves, a large derelict spacestation drifting through the vast emptiness of space. You're REALLY lucky you didn't land on top of it, or in its path.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: