Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by Timbrewolf » #86673

This is the OFFICIAL thread for the /tg/station Traveler game. I'll be your shitty host (can one man fuck up hosting twice? WATCH AND FIND OUT) joined by our players EndgamerAzari, Wyzack, Maccus, TheMightyGalvatron, Scones and NSOS.

Feel free to read along but please don't post if you aren't one of players. No, it's too late to join.

Dem Books

We're playing the Mongoose Publishing re-release of the classic Sci-Fi RPG Traveller. Our galaxy sector looks like this:
Sector Map.png
And you can find a description of each system here:

http://pastebin.com/EHm5mmbm

Sit back and watch as people piss off different diplomats and merchants by trying to import or export restricted goods while the ship falls the fuck apart and everyone is literally buried alive under a mountain of debt.
Mal: Ship like this, be with you 'til the day you die.
Zoë Washburne: 'Cause it's a deathtrap.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Sat May 09, 2015 3:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: Travelerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by nsos » #86677

scones is missing
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86680

scones was inside all of us the whole time
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #86681

maybe the real scones was the friends we made along the way
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #86684

...Wait, am I in or not?

eded: Oh yeah I'm in the OP now

Where the rulebook @
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86688

Scones wrote:...Wait, am I in or not?

eded: Oh yeah I'm in the OP now

Where the rulebook @
Link in the tabletop thread. I'll edit the OP and put a link to it there.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #86693

I'll roll my guy up either tomorrow or Saturday. I have everyone but Scones and Galvatron added on Steam (I might have Galvatron but I'm running on caffeine and can't find him), so I can ask questions or whatever then.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/snaccus/
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86712

Gonna roll my character today probably. So glad this came together!

EDIT: What sort of shit do we want to do guys? Ship cargo, go bounty hunting, smuggle spice, be hired guns? Maybe a little bit of everything?

DOUBLE EDIT: Man character creation is like a game of life style choose your own adventure game in space. I am kind of leaning towards a charismatic gunslinging ship pilot with a criminal past, do you think that is too Han Solo?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86720

Ah, good ol' Innerside. A weirder place I never called home.

You've got my character sheet, right, An0n3? Would you mind posting it? I might have it somewhere but if you've got it handy that'd make things a lot smoother.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86724

Character creation is funny, jumped into the Agent track and ended up losing an eye and almost becoming a cripple. Thank god for modern medicine and all the expenses that go with it!
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86732

Anon3 do you have any further data on planet coord 4-1? Or can i just make it up?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86733

Wyzack wrote:Anon3 do you have any further data on planet coord 4-1? Or can i just make it up?
CO-ORD 4-1
Starport: D - Poor, unrefined fuel, limited repairs
Atmosphere: 4 - Thin, tainted (filter)
Temperature: 3 - Cold (-51 to 0 C)
Hydrographics: 8 - Water world
Good lord, it's a poverty-stricken toxic snowball!
Trade Codes: Ag (agricutural), Ga (garden), Lt (low tech)
>Agricultural
>Garden
>Potentially 50 degrees below 0, covered in water, polluted/poisonous atmosphere

Whaaaaaat
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86736

I mean like in terms of specific stuff like cities, what the planet is called, stuff like that. My guy enlisted in the navy to escape that shithole
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86747

Doublepost for where the shit do i find medical treatment costs? I got my arm blown off in the navy and they are gonna cover the treatment cost, but i want to know if i get a dope cybernetic or just regrow the limb
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Scones

Post by Scones » #86749

Who's ready for military Chef? I'm ready for military chef. This character creation process is literally the coolest, I wish more RPGs had this.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86751

Wyzack wrote:Doublepost for where the shit do i find medical treatment costs? I got my arm blown off in the navy and they are gonna cover the treatment cost, but i want to know if i get a dope cybernetic or just regrow the limb
Medical treatment is on page 37. 5000Cr per characteristic point lost. Seems like you can get either the dope cybar or a vat grown limb.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86754

Nice, Robolimb it is, thank you navy insurance. 3 careers and not a single failed survival roll, although snakeeyes on my event roll did give me a bad injury. This is so much fun!

EDIT anyone have a link to a good fillable charsheet?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86755

Scones wrote:Who's ready for military Chef? I'm ready for military chef. This character creation process is literally the coolest, I wish more RPGs had this.
Wyzack wrote:This is so much fun!
I know, right? You don't get a ton of control but the novelty and character of it more than makes up for it.

So what roles are you guys going for? Mac, my old character, was specced mostly for engineering and stewardship, taking care of basically all things shipboard. I think she could pilot, too. If there's significant overlap I can see about re-rolling, though I think I'll still play the same character/personality.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86757

I am pretty much done, no name yet but he is a 30 year old from a shitty poor world. Enlisted in the navy, made officer due to good service. On his second tour he get real blowed up and lost his left arm in a bad fight, got it replaced with a cyberlimb but missed his chance for promotion. Fed up with the navy, he left and began a grand tour of piracy culminating in a bloody feud with a rival pirate organisation, which he helped win.

So he is a ex navy ex pirate who is a skilled pilot and good in a gunfight. I have a ship's boat and about 60 000 creds, but i have not bought equipment yet. Wrapping it up now
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86765

EndgamerAzari wrote:Ah, good ol' Innerside. A weirder place I never called home.

You've got my character sheet, right, An0n3? Would you mind posting it? I might have it somewhere but if you've got it handy that'd make things a lot smoother.
here ya go:

http://pastebin.com/cwKPLmMr
Wyzack wrote:I mean like in terms of specific stuff like cities, what the planet is called, stuff like that. My guy enlisted in the navy to escape that shithole
You're welcome to create the fluff for the major planet in that system. Make sure what you describe makes sense with the codes from the chart, though. IIRC the actual "color" for a lot of planets beyond their numbers and factoids was created by players who had characters that originated from there or done sort-of communally.

When picking a home planet make sure it shares some planet codes with the planet your character supposedly grew up on based on what you rolled, too. There should be enough diversity in the sector that you can find a home planet no matter what you rolled. If you can't let me know and we'll work something out.

>all these prosthetic eyes and limbs

Space Pirates when

EDIT: Individual ships you will VERY LIKELY end up trading in towards ship shares for the ship you guys collectively own. I'm not going to force you to but it really is for the best if you all are traveling around in the same boat, and having a private ship docked up at some corner of the galaxy somewhere isn't going to help you get rid of THE DEBT like being able to knock off chunks of it with ship shares would.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86767

Huh, she's younger than I recall. Smarter, too. Also holy shit all those skills. Talk about a Jill of All Trades.

IIRC, having a 0 rank in a skill is basic training in it, right? So 1 rank is actually pretty accomplished.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86769

Yes. Rank 0 means you're acclimated to a skill and have basic competency in using it. Being completely untrained in something means you have no idea what things even are or how to use them. A person with Vac-Suit 0 knows what one is, how it functions, how to put one on. They're just not very good at doing any of those things.

Someone without the Vac-Suit skill at all may have never even seen one before and likely couldn't figure out how to crawl inside of one without help.

Someone with Vac-Suit at 2 can hop in and out of one like they were putting on regular clothes and fly around in zero-g doing kung-fu moves and other acrobatics with very little risk of losing control and flying off into deep space.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Scones

Post by Scones » #86770

I'm gonna need some help finalizing this character but they're pretty entertaining thus far. I don't entirely understand the skill systems but I documented every roll so I shouldn't have to start over again.

I got really unlucky and 2 of my 3 terms of service ended in a mishap that was a discontenuation of career, first with co-worker sabotage in the civillian work, and later with a conflict in the Marines. I guess my character keeps getting fucked over by other people.

I JUST WANTED TO OPEN A RESTAURANT AND LIVE PEACEFULLY

FATE HAD OTHER PLANS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86771

That's probably for the best. Unless you're the kind of chef Steven Segal is in Under Siege having one player do nothing but be a dedicated steward for passengers might not help the whole crew a whole lot.

Traveler is really good at forcing you to diversify. If your skills look like a gigantic mess of generic stuff that's perfect. That's exactly what a good character should have.
Honestly you should look at the kind of character Traveler gives you and apply it to other RPG's. The generation process is that good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Scones

Post by Scones » #86773

Yes I have a really horrid mess of skills ranging from steward to driving to basic combat

I'm not sure where it's going to get me but the array isn't that bad and honestly is pretty well-rounded.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86774

Traveler characters tend to feel like real people as opposed to the weirdly hyper-specialized PCs you usually get in other systems. For example, IRL my big specialty is research, reading comprehension, and writing, but I also have some basic boxing experience and I know generally how to make a welder work, so I'd probably have a 0 in those skills. Real life just tends to make you wind up with a really eclectic smattering of experiences, and Trav replicates that pretty well.

On that note, though, it always struck me as weird that Mac only has a 0 in Zero-G considering that Innerside was a hollowed-out shell with almost no gravity. Maybe she spent so much time in artificial gravity in the Navy that she got a bit rusty at it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86777

That's the point though. Unlike other systems the idea with Traveler is that you're all prettymuch average joes. You aren't special, you aren't heroic. You didn't spend your entire life living in a basement lifting weights and practicing combat skills. You had a career. It probably wasn't very glamorous unless you rolled really well. Now you're taking your first steps into exploring the universe for yourself.

Whenever I roll up a Traveler character I feel like I didn't really make them, but I know them. Like they're an individual all their own.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86781

Wyzack wrote:I am pretty much done, no name yet but he is a 30 year old from a shitty poor world. Enlisted in the navy, made officer due to good service. On his second tour he get real blowed up and lost his left arm in a bad fight, got it replaced with a cyberlimb but missed his chance for promotion. Fed up with the navy, he left and began a grand tour of piracy culminating in a bloody feud with a rival pirate organisation, which he helped win.

So he is a ex navy ex pirate who is a skilled pilot and good in a gunfight. I have a ship's boat and about 60 000 creds, but i have not bought equipment yet. Wrapping it up now

Damn that's cool. I got a 30 year old from an over-populated asteroid. Got recruited into 'The Company', did some undercover work infiltrating a criminal outfit , got to the rank of field agent and gained 3 contacts. On my 3rd term he refused an offer that he couldn't refuse and got blown the fuck up for it, nearly killing him(didn't actually lose the eye, I read the mishap table wrong!) gained an enemy and put him into beautiful debt (because 'The Company' is too cheap to help an agent out I guess go figure).

He got some subdermal armor and 1,000Cr out of it, so you know, yay! Also have deception 2 so he can lie really really really well.

Kinda sad he only went through one career. Spy work is all he knows! And it's not like it's something you can talk about with other people, ' yeah I was totally a spy and killed that one diplomat causing the entire region to be destabilized and throwing it into 1000 years of civil war yep yep!' God, is this how Jimmy Bond feels?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86783

It's up to you whether you want the other crew members to know you were an ex-spy. As far as they know you might just be some kind of slimey businessman con artist that helps the crew get cargo cheap and lie their way through customs.

For now, at least...
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86787

If I am reading this correctly I can only buy 2000 credits of atuff at game start right? Also what is the highest tech level available, can I buy TL 13 gauss pistols?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86796

I'll have to look that up again when I have a moment but I'm not quite sure how that availability goes.

Innerside at 1-2 is the only place in the whole sector that could produce a gauss pistol and they have a really weird fixation on technology. I remember reading something that the list of items you can purchase is capped at a lower tech level, anything really high-tech you need to have rolled to receive as a result of an event.

I'm going to be really busy all this weekend so it'll take a sec to figure out. Assume that you can't for now.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86798

Roger that, probably going to go for an autopistol and a nice classy revolver instead. Also i think my ship is just a little dingy type deal, but i am totally up for trading it for a few ship shares. I also have 2 shares from my naval benefits

EDIT: Hey Azari want to have known eachother from the navy? My guy served from 12 years pre campaign to 4 years, and made officer incredibly fast before an honorable discharge and a bad injury, we may have served together
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86806

Wyzack wrote:EDIT: Hey Azari want to have known eachother from the navy? My guy served from 12 years pre campaign to 4 years, and made officer incredibly fast before an honorable discharge and a bad injury, we may have served together
It's possible! I'll have to check my background and stuff when I get home tonight, assuming I can find it, and see if it makes sense.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86824

Hahaha holy shit that sucks.

For people watching along go check out the process to roll up a Traveler character from the books above. It's not like D&D where you roll up a couple attributes, pick a class/race, buy some shit, and you're good to go.

Time yourself to see how fast you can create a character. Good fucking luck.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #86825

i was going to ask you on steam but steam installed a beta client update and now i can't actually connect to steam: what's 1-4's deal, i was thinking about making it my character's homeworld
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86826

Oh, I found the document where I was keepng my progress from when I originally generated Mac.
Spoiler:
Str 6
Dex 9
End 9
Int 12
Edu 11
Soc 6

Starting skills
Computers 0
Streetwise 0
Medic 0
Drive 0

Career term 1
Navy, Engineering/Gunnery
Pilot 0
Vac suit 0
Zero g 0
Gunner 0
Mechanic 1
Gun combat 0
Recon 1
Engineer (Power) 1

Career term 2
Computers 1
Steward 1
Vacc Suit 1
Edu +1

Career term 3
Engineer (Jump drive) 1
Contact
Str +1

Career term 4
Navigation 1
Diplomacy 1
End+1
Social+1

Mustering out
Ship sharex2
TAS membership
Weapon--Cartidge laser carbine

Group skills
Pilot (Spacecraft)1
Sensors 1

Links
Sawrge-Unarmed 1
Dankman-Astrogate 1
'course that last part is moot, but that's fixed easily enough.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86829

nsos wrote:i was going to ask you on steam but steam installed a beta client update and now i can't actually connect to steam: what's 1-4's deal, i was thinking about making it my character's homeworld
It never got fleshed out beyond its codes. If your character's homeworld attributes match up with the planet's (Rich, Non-industrial, Water) then by all means you can fill in some of the blanks in regards to its name and what its results on the tables mean.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #86835

i was hoping for a really fucked and crazy chargen but my character ended up a total fucking normie
Spoiler:
not really though. i almost got shit on by a mishap roll and only got bailed out because i got sent to the mishap table from scoring a 2 on the events table as a physician, where everything terrible happens to you but you can't get kicked out of the job from that mishap even if it usually says you do

but i made a big blunder trying to "cash out" on muster-out rolls when i probably could have stayed another term for things to get really crazy but i didn't. would've swapped careers if i could but HEY THAT'S TRAVELER
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86841

The books make great mention of some kind of human empire, do they have dominion across our entire sector? Could me and Azari have served in the same navy despite me enlisting in the navy in the middle-western portion of our sector?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86843

I'm really not up enough on the background of Traveller myself. Guess it's time we all read this:

http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Third_Imperium

...the gist of which is that there is a giant over-arching Imperial rule that blankets all known systems of Man.

Space itself is so vast though that it's impossible for one governing body to legislate over all of it, so there is a certain amount of autonomy given to sectors which are in turn ruled over by local Imperial Barons. Within those sectors there are varying amounts of lawful/lawlessness systems though.

I should look at the sector that we generated and determine where the local seat of power is based on Tech/Law levels and types of government, though if you guys want to have some input on that I'm open to suggestion.

The answer to your question is yes. Even if you guys didn't serve side-by-side it's possible you were in the same service...either serving in the larger Imperial Navy, the local Baron's personal levy, or a single system's local defense fleet. Keep in mind that your homeworld isn't necessarily where you'll be starting the game proper. You guys all have to come together at some point somewhere. I'll leave that up to you to decide which of these systems you'd prefer to start your careers from.

EDIT: Actually the sector capital is 6-3. It's the only system that has a 9 for governance (Imperial Bureaucracy) as well as having an Imperial Consulate base. Thank you RNG.

Fun map note: Azari your homeworld is a feudal technocracy. Which means it's ruled by a bunch of scientists and technicians who have given themselves royal titles and use their labs like fiefdoms and treat their lab technicians and workers like serfs.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Re: Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86869

I was wondering how the hell those qualities worked together. Kinda reminds me of Asimov's Foundation.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86872

Basically instead of working in the fields people are turning out microchips and other technological goods.

I imagine it's somewhere inbetween Castle Vidcons and a Chinese tech sweatshop. People who invent great stuff or further SCIENCE ascend to a sort of royalty and lord over people who don't. "He knows a lot about metallurgy and astrophysics, that means he should be a great leader!"

...all of this taking place on a desert planet only slightly larger than our own moon, with a population of BILLIONS crammed onto it. I think we had ruled that people had dug down into the planet and most of the population lives in giant subterranean habitats.

EDIT: Oh right and don't forget there's a crazy cult of people who worship technology and the "ghost in the machine" that's gaining traction amongst the populace, and in a distant third a single corporation looking to seize control of the whole thing.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #86878

Making my guy later today when I wake up. Hope you're ready for a load of questions An0n3, I'm flying blind in this.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86882

I'll do the best I can but I'm relaltively quite new to Traveller vs. almost any other pen-and-paper RPG I'm as big a fan of.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86893

We have all been making characters so if you post questions here i am sure we will be able to help you out
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos

Post by nsos » #86907

An0n3 wrote: Fun map note: Azari your homeworld is a feudal technocracy. Which means it's ruled by a bunch of scientists and technicians who have given themselves royal titles and use their labs like fiefdoms and treat their lab technicians and workers like serfs.
this seems familiar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86929

Yes please make our government into a giant Russian botnet.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86934

Does out sector have any major threats besides the usual pirate scum? Alien invaders, rebels and the like?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86937

Wyzack wrote:Does out sector have any major threats besides the usual pirate scum? Alien invaders, rebels and the like?

Us, definitely us. I feel it in my bones that we're going to do something that makes everyone hate us.