The Kingmakers - Tabletoppan

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: The Kingmakers - Tabletoppan

Post by Wyzack » #127189

Bottom post of the previous page:

"Seems reasonable to me, but we should at least travel together till the edge of the hovels"
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #127229

"You hear that Mr. Oldman Cinders? A trip to the library is a fine chance for 'cultural enrichment' if I say so myself."
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127430

"Alright then it is settled. Let's all regroup in the market square before dusk and see what we've got"
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #127437

((I'll get back to everyone this afternoon, gotta take care of some stuff.

P.S., Table had to drop out.))

((EDIT: Make that tomorrow))
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127639

((RIP table. Also I refuse to let this game die, even if it just becomes me freeform RPing with myself))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #127700

((But the game refused to die, I had just kinda thought we were already out of the hovels at the moment, I'm at school right now and won't be home for another 3-4 hours (10/19) ))
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #127724

((I ain't letting it die 3 pages in y'all trippin smh

Everyone post who's going where so I can get a good headcount, I think Galv and Daemon are going to the librurry))
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #127731

((Yep totally going to the librarby and pick up some books, probably books on kings, royal families and castle designs. The greatest challenge will be obtaining a card.))
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #127738

((I think the way I worded it IC'ly I assumed Wyzack and I would go to the station or whatever and Daemon/Galv would go to the library, I left Deitus to choose either one he felt like going along with))
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127852

((Maccus pls))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #127929

((Deitus still needs to decide Wyzguy

If nothing happens by tonight I'll just let him decide when he gets to it and move on with you guys))
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127943

((Shit yeah my bad))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #127985

((Maccus, is it cool if Cecil and the bookstore guy have at least some kinda knowledge of one another? Y'know, on account of Cecil having collected books for so long, and probably getting them from kinda local collectors? Also, I can't remember or seem to find out which kingdom we are currently in. I assume that center capital city? ))
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #127988

((You're in Adamonte, High Sechringia, the big ol' capitol city (I still need to draw up a big map at some point)

Believe it or not, I was going to go with the bookstore guy knowing you too. The party might even be able to find a book by Cecil at the bookstore, if you want.))
Spoiler:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #128057

((I'll be using spoiler tags so it'll be easier to just find where you're at in the big posts so you don't get confused.))

Cinders/Sebastian:
Spoiler:
You stop by Berkhardt's Books once you get out of the hovel, and are immediately taken aback by the sheer size of their wares. Shelves so tall men have to bring out ladders to reach the top line the room, and the odd painting of the owner rests on walls in-between shelves, the quality of them worthy of the High King himself. Berkhardt stands proud in the paintings, his long, white beard framing his wise face, a chaperon tied loosely on his head. A clerk rests at the counter, checking and rechecking several books that have come in. He contrasts greatly with the man in the painting, a hunched, snivelly-looking man, with a large nose and eyes hidden behind tiny glasses. He hasn't noticed you yet.
Tripes/Marston:
Spoiler:
The Wagon Station is busy busy, absolutely bustling with customers and workers desperate to service people. Something seems off about the crowd, however (roll Perception). One of many wagon masters stands atop wooden stages, doing their best to serve everyone equally, though you can tell they're running out of wagons and horses to ferry people out of or around town quickly.
((Deitus, you can either decide which group you wanna go with or strike out on your own))
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #128082

((PER roll: 3 2 ))
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #128085

You notice that almost every single person present save for the workers is decked out in the latest of fashion, expensive dresses and gleaming jewels. They're almost assuredly all nobles.
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #128090

"Cromwell, people actually wear these things?" Tripes asks as he points to a few of the passing crowd. "I just don't understand why you'd want to wear something that's so flimsy, I mean they wouldn't even put up much of a fight against a rooster ... In some ways the city is more strange than the marsh."
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128094

"These people are money, and they know it. Smarter men than they have convinced these poor fops that the ridiculous clothes are the latest fashion, and swindle them out of a pile of crowns for each piece. Criminal really."

Cromwell chuckles

"In any case we need to find a crier or some other native who can help us find what we need."
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #128099

"Perhaps we could ask that guy on the podium over there? Maybe he can help us out somehow" Tripes suggests and chuckles before saying "I won't beat around the bush Cromwell but, between you and me let's face it... I couldn't talk to a merchant to save my life. Maybe you should do the talking around 'ere."
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128102

Cromwell grins
"Must be my rougeish charm"
He wades through the crowd and attempts to talk to the man
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #128120

A squat, sweaty man with a slightly protruding gut mops away droplets with his sleeve as he looks you over. "Ach, they couldn't even show up themselves to buy transport, could they? Suppose you're here to rent for the parade?"
Spoiler:
Snake2512
Byond Username: Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » #128167

(can i join this campaign as King Banter von Nandos, King of the Banter Kingdom, Sickest Cunt of the Principality of Bants, Cheekiest Emperor of the Holy Nandos Empire and First Citizen of Banterville. if not can I feature as a BBEG where the party must out banter me in order to gain access to a spicy chicken restaurant )
4:08 PM - Maccus: you touched me as a kid remember
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128276

"Actually we are in town for the festival and are looking for a place to rent for the next month or so. Preferably some place where we will not be bothered. Can you help us?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #128287

"Parade, festival, both are for our great King. I could, actually. A large number of newcomers are staying at the Crossed Arms next to the Dance Hall, do you know where that is? They've decently-priced rooms for families there."
Spoiler:
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #128360

Cecil takes a deep breath in the bookstore, closing his eyes for a moment. He lets out a wistful, almost sad sigh, and seems to become lost in his thoughts for a moment. He shakes himself out of it, and approaches the desk.
Cecil clears his throat to get the clerk's attention and says "Hello, I'm a... friend, and business partner of the owner of this place. Cecil Quenik, if you've heard of me at all? Me and my friend here, well we wanted to... peruse a bit. Uh... does Berkhardt still have that old private study area? We'd prefer to be able to attend to our scholarships in private."
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #128401

Roux takes in the view of his surroundings, partly to take in the beauty and partly to discern potential exit points in the unlikely event that things go south((rolled awareness: 51, ain't seein' shit cap'n!))."You were right Mr. Quenik, sir! This place is magnificent, your description of the place hardly does it justice!"
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #128442

The clerk stands up straight, life suddenly returning to his eyes. "Ah! Mr. Quenik! My father told me much about you," he says, pointing to the painting. "Unfortunately, he passed away this last year, but you're more than welcome to use our study. Take a book, even, on the house! You've certainly given us plenty!"
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128447

"Ah yes, I had heard about that one. Seemingly a nice place, but me and my associates are here to peddle trinkets to the nobles. We require a space where we can work in peace. Would the Crossed Arms be able to accommodate us?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #128464

"Should be, though you might need to throw in a little something extra to store your wares. If you're looking to peddle trinkets, though, I'd suggest getting to know the nobles. Everyone in this city knows somebody else, and spreading the word would help you out, from one peddler to another." He smiles.
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128499

"Thank ye kindly"

Cromwell offers the man a few crowns for the information

"Good luck dealing with the rainbow tide. Perhaps we'll meet again"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128989

Bump
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #129120

((Surprised nobody else has posted, are yall waiting on me? Have a map.
Spoiler:
))
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129126

"Well alright then Tripes, what say you we go check out this inn?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #129138

"An Inn? I thought we were going to an Out!" Tripes says with a big smile on his face. "Well if it's the best the magnificent Cromwell can do with his rogueish charm, I suppose we might as well give it a shot."
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129149

Cromwell grins

"Not so fast, we dont know if they even allow swamp dwellers in! Regardless, lets go see what they can offer us."
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #129459

Upon hearing that he could have a book for free, Mr. Roux springs into the the grand shelves. ((Looking for royal family tree and castle architecture, maybe an anatomy book too because that's always useful right?))
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #129748

Roux
Spoiler:
You find three books you believe may help. A book on the royal line, a biography of Stefan Hirsch, famed Architect, and a journeyman's guide to anatomy. Each costs about 10 thrones, but of course, one is free.
Tripes and Marston
Spoiler:
You head to the Crossed Arms, and you're immediately set upon by the sights of the place. A whole troupe of performers take up the lobby, practicing their juggling and plucking away at instruments, each doing their best to outdo each other. A small family of puffed-up nobles sit beside them, occasionally tossing a throne their way and clapping. One of the nobles crosses his arms, looking you over. A big, fat tree of a man, with arms as thick around as Tripes' head and a mustache waxed so intensely he gets a bonus to armor-piercing. His hair is cropped short, a widow's peak accenting the many lines across his forehead. He's got a big grin to go across his big face.
Spoiler:
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #129809

((Hello, I'm back, I've been simultaneously busy and ill so every moment I was not working was spent sleeping or in a disease induced fog. I am feeling slightly closer to being at the same height as the weather now, so I suppose I shall continue.))
"Dead? What... what happened? I had not heard, I am so, so sorry... God... never thought I'd outlive him! I mean, this place seems pretty safe 's long as you stay out of the alleys and the courts, no?" Quenik shakes his head sadly, and sighs. "Well, I suppose on a long enough time scale everything has a survival rate of flat nothin'... a damn shame though. Your dad was sharp as the crack of a whip, a damn good businessman, and he always made the best the tea."
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #129838

Tripes points to the noble before saying "Cromwell! Look your rogueish charm is working on that noble over there!" He heartily chuckles before suggesting "Maybe he wants something from us?"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129849

Cromwell walks over to the man

"Hello there, couldn't help but notice you eyeing me, can we help you with something?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #130125

((I'll update tomorrow after work, exhausted tonight.

Hope you get to feeling better, Daemon!))
Spoiler:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #130394

Cinders
Spoiler:
"Oh, heavens no, it wasn't anything quite like that. Poor ol' pop caught the consumption, didn't make it through the winter." The clerk walks over to a stand, pouring two cups of tea. "To his memory," he says, holding one cup up and offering the other to you.
Cromwell and Tripes
Spoiler:
"You boys got the look of danger," the man says, dropping his voice but not his Cheshire's smile. "It might be I could use something like that, right now. That damned Indrick and his fool sons are trying to muscle their way into my spot in the parade, providing the carriage for very... important clientele. What's your going rate?"
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #130532

"Ah, well i suppose we are not entirely unfamiliar it. Name's Gregory Smith."

Cromwell extends his hand for a shake

"Perhaps we can render some assistance."
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #130630

Tripes looks around the room for anything interesting, stifling a chuckle. ((Looking for anything interesting, I check my PER right? if so 4,4))
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #131312

((Updates will resume when I'm done enjoying my three-day weekend))
Spoiler:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #131823

((AWRITE AWRITE AWRITE

Tripes, you don't see anything.))

Cromwell and Tripes
Spoiler:
The man shakes Cromwell's hand, keeping his grin. "You boys familiar with the business of horses and carriages? I'm Stefan Aretz, Master Merchant of all things horse, and I've been at the top of the tops for years. This year, for the High King's parade, I was to provide the carriage carrying Duke Segisel's family... Until that bastard, Fedor Indrick, and his bullet-headed sons swindled Segisel out from under me, saying my carriages were 'faulty' and 'unsafe.' Now, the Duke's paying less for a lesser product, and I'm left in this city with my reputation as a merchant stained. Do you know what I want, Smith?"

He looks at you, leaning in close. "Do you see what I could need here?"
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #131825

((Hey guys, my character doesn't have the literacy skill! Nice! Lot's of 'what does this word mean?' in my future.))

Roux emerges from the rows of shelves and puts up 20 thrones on the front counter. "Mr. Oldman Cinders sir, I found a few books that I think are worth studying. I could use your expertise when you're done catching up with your friend!"
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #131862

"Seems like you'd be in pretty good standing if this Indrick fellow had an.. accident, from what I can tell" Tripes says with a smile.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #132152

"Well i believe we can work something out my good man, any idea where we can find this fellow?"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #133435

((No, I haven't forgotten. I'm updating when I get home from work today.))
Spoiler: