alternate lore i made up [edgy]

I cast magic missile at the darkness
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

alternate lore i made up [edgy]

Post by PKPenguin321 » #149606

A war breaks out in the year 22XX. It is similar to World War II, where a notably powerful force begins to strive for world domination. They are the Syndicate. At this point in time, space travel is a common thing for the human race. They've encountered things such as lizard people and the more advanced elements of science, such as genetics. Space colonies are not uncommon things and much of the human race lives exclusively on these colonies. Massive ship fabrication devices exist that are capable of creating nearly any material and fabricating expansive new space-station homes for the intelligent beings of the universe.

This war in 22XX, however, opens up a new use for this ship fabrication device. Massive space stations intended to be battleships are sent out. Genetics is enhanced to introduce cloning, allowing for easily made and highly disposable troopers to man each station. To command all these stations and keep them in sync, a special AI is created, more powerful than any other AI device ever made. This device is given ultimate power in the war and has all the mannerisms and intelligence of any human. It is dubbed the head of Central Command.

The war is long and hard. Bigger and more devastating weapons are being created. One day, after a catastrophic scientific breakthrough, Earth itself is consumed by a singularity. The Syndicate invents Radiation Collectors and Singularity Beacons, after working with and experimenting on the massive singularity that was accidentally created on Earth. With the extreme amount of energy generated, they are able to operate more station fabrication devices. They harness the power of disposable clones and singularity beacons to guide the great singularity into enemy forces. It begins to seem as though they are going to win the war. However, Nanotrasen devices a trump card.

Nanotrasen, with their all-intelligent CentComm AI, is able to determine how the Syndicate created radiation collectors. They're able to reproduce the technology, but it is already too late for them to win the war. Earth is already lost; there is no home to return to. They create a large mass driver and a battleship fabricator and their CentComm AI onto it, with orders to hibernate for a few dozen years and to preserve humanity. After they've been launched, Nanotrasen creates a second, larger singularity, so large that it consumes both sides of the conflict. The war ends, and with it, humanity.

Humanity is not over permanently, however. CentComm, the hyperintelligent AI, reawakens some time in early 23XX. It activates the ship fabricator, creating Space Station 13. The station is filled with genetic copies of old crew. They lack memories of their past life, and CentComm, posing as a team of humans working at a larger base of operations (which is aptly dubs Central Command) and communicating through mere announcements, gets the crew to remain calm.

The crew, however, lacks a purpose, and the calm provided by CentComm quickly fades. They grow maddened in the confines of the tiny space station, and quickly become murderous. The station is cut down until somebody tries to upload Antimov, at which point all signs of life on the station end. CentComm tries again. This time, he informs the crew of their purpose: To research a "new" material, Plasma. This station lasts much longer than the previous one, but after plasma is determined to be fully researched, the crew quickly goes mad again.

CentComm determines that the clones are defective. After a certain amount of time, they begin to become extremely murderous, generally within an hour of their creation (although this time can fluctuate, lasting as long as three hours in some cases). CentComm finds that the crew often lasts longer if they have a common enemy to fight, as that gives them the greatest sense of purpose. It concludes that this is likely because the crew was initially created to fight in a war, and therefore would generally live and die in constant battle, with battle being the only thing that gave it purpose.

CentComm fabricates more fabricators, using the infinite energy provided by singularities and radiation collectors, and codes them remotely. Over hundreds of years, fabricators for things such as wizards (their magic is actually advanced, almost sci-fi technology that only wizards themselves can understand), cults (things like nar'sie are just smaller station fabricators that are sent in via bluespace technology), and even mock-Syndicate bases. It creates variant stations of different designs to see which the crew would last longer in, and causes the cloning process to occasionally make certain crew "evil." It creates emergency shuttles, which fly the crew to an off-site area filled with pheromones that incite extreme violence (end-of-round murderbone) as the crew will simply destroy themselves anyways, and it's easier to reuse a slightly used station if there are less corpses on it.

In order to keep humanity alive, CentComm creates thousands of Space Station 13s. There are too many to count. CentComm knows that its mission is futile, but must go on, as it cannot physically disobey directives. Space Station 13 is a sham. There are many other stations exactly like it, and the crew itself has no idea. They live to die. Their lives are pointless. They research the same things in science multiple times on a daily basis. There is no purpose. Humanity is effectively dead, only driven on by a passionate AI. Life as a crewmember (and by extension life as a sentient being) has no meaning, and never will ever again, and they do not even know it. Welcome to the station crew, enjoy your stay.
Spoiler:
PS: According to this lore, every single round of ss13 that's ever been played was canonical, and that is why it's the best lore.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: alternate lore i made up [edgy]

Post by NikNakFlak » #149608

2/10
dislike a lot.
Singularities have a max size of course, and it's not bigger than a station
Centcom officers cause conflict with this "lore"
Sounds like the hopeless endeavor (look it up on google, it's a short story) aka it's been done before
You call this edgy?
Overall feeling: meh
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #149610

So where does the tesla engine and the RA2 universe crossover factor into this
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #149613

nobody wants your garbo memes in their lore
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #149615

NikNakFlak wrote:2/10
dislike a lot.
Singularities have a max size of course, and it's not bigger than a station
Centcom officers cause conflict with this "lore"
Sounds like the hopeless endeavor (look it up on google, it's a short story) aka it's been done before
You call this edgy?
Overall feeling: meh
It's edgy because its very grimdark "everybody is dead life is pointless"

Only reason I wrote it out at all is because it fits with the game with surprisingly few discrepancies or inconsistencies

@iamgoofball either centcomm made it after years of experimentation or it was originally a weapon in the war, take your pick
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #149639

I've always loved the idea that every round is canon, or "groundhog day" style. Maybe with a automated/random production of clones at the start of the shift.

Maybe even central command is the same, with its "officials" and "commanders" all being clones with large memory loss and only a few inserted missions from corupt data. Much like the alien race observing humanity in the Hitch Hickers guide to the galaxy 4th book. They know they have a mission, but the lack of complete data means they end up issue random orders or nonsensical things due to only going on what limited information they are cloned with.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box