Space Story 13: The Sequel

I cast magic missile at the darkness
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Space Story 13: The Sequel

Post by MimicFaux » #237567

Donovan Huely
Chief Medical Officer

Sitting bored in his office, Donovan spun idly in circles in his chair waiting for some emergency to require his attention. It had been years since the bright-eyed Doctor Huely first came aboard. Years of idiots would slowly erode that cheery disposition to the pessimistic one he had now.

Nothing better to do, he'd pull open the desk drawer and glance at the crew monitor inside. "Better than usual..." roughly two thirds of the crew had their vital signs set to something beyond 'is alive'. Half of those had their locations being broadcast as well. It was never something he understood. He didn't care where you were, just that you were alive and productive. Space was dangerous enough as it was, and working on a research station that dealt with experimental substances and technology regularly made it all the more so.
'Help me, help you' had been his motto. Sometimes there's a hull breach, sometimes a pipe spews toxic gas in your face, or chemistry gets their beakers mixed up. Things happen, people get hurt.

Nothing frustrated the CMO more than people dying pointlessly. The old peeve irked, he kicked off his desk and rolled his chair over to the intercom.

"Attention crew, just a reminder to maximize those suit sensors."

He returned to the crew monitor. Two sensors flickered to full monitoring. Both belonging to his own medical staff. Sighing, he started spinning in his chair again. "At least it's something."

William Falüs
Captain

"Today's the day!" William buffed his gold ID with his sleeve and straightened his hat in the mirror.
Fresh from the academy and newly appointed as captain of the station Memphis 76, he was if nothing else eager. He'd spent the better part of the last ten minutes deciding between his formal or standard uniform. "S'all about first impressions.." he mused to himself, deciding to save the formal uniform for a more grand occasion. He quickly patted himself over, making a mental checklist. Straightened his uniform once more in the mirror and practised a salute following a curt nod with what he'd hoped was a stern face of approval. "Okay... deep breaths. First impressions are important."

Pausing by his office door he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply steeling his resolve. Stepping out the door and onto a banana peel, falling flat on his back.

[HONK!] "Heya captain phallus!"

"Hello clown."
ImageImageImage
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Re: Space Story 13: The Sequel

Post by MimicFaux » #237568

Lemme know what you folk think. Comments and criticisms welcome. If there's a curiosity for more, I'll keep making more.
ImageImageImage
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #278377

I started laughing in the middle of class because of the captain one and the twenty people closest to me gave me a weird look because this professor is boring. You're a good writer.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #278380

Good shit.

Also that captain is in for a ride.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.