Necromunda League General (No Spyrers allowed)

I cast magic missile at the darkness
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Necromunda League General (No Spyrers allowed)

Post by Wyzack » #246060

Hello everyone, lets get together and start a Necromunda league!

You will need Table Top Simulator on steam to take part, as that is where the actually battles are going to be taking place.

I think we are going to be using the community edition rules as well as the community edition Outlanders supplement (getting outlawed, Ratskins, ect). You can find them with a quick google, but i think you need to sign up for a forum to download them so i will see about getting a dropbox mirror up later today.

I guess i am organizing this whole shebang. I have however never actually played before so please let me know if i am royally fucking something up.

Basically post in this thread if you want to play and get some basics about your gang and stuff, i will try to keep this post updated with a roster.

Also no spyrers, and potentially no Enforcers either if they are likewise OP garbage. Let me know!

Let the murdergames begin

The Roster Thus Far

Wyzack: House Delaque
Dezzmont: House Vann Sarr
K-64: Redemptionist
Skorvold: Ratskins
Cedarbridge: House Orlock
Supermicheal: House Escher
Timbrewolf: Scavvies
XSI: House Cawdor
Danno: ????
Sawrge: ????
Last edited by Wyzack on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:08 am, edited 8 times in total.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wyzack

Re: Necromunda League General (No Spyrers allowed)

Post by Wyzack » #246061

Re purposing my second post as a Gang Ratings Leaderboard

Ash Hounds (House Orlock): 1474
The Sons of Primus (House Delaque): 1472
Great Griffons (House Cawdor): 1454
The Vultures (House Delaque): 1453
The Legitimate Businessmen (House Van Sarr): 1434 RETIRED
Krysinyy Scavengers (Ratskin Renegades): 1352
Gore-Jus George and the Pretty Boys (Scavvies): 1197
Last edited by Wyzack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #246078

I might join up but I'll need to learn how 2 play
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #246081

How much is tabletop sim
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #246090

I will roll a Van Saar gang.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246104

No idea how much TTs is right now but it goes on sale pretty frequently

No worries if you do not know how to play, i don't really either. Just give the rules a quick read and i will see if Papa timbre will run a tutorial match or some shit so we can learn how. It seems very similar to 40k in a lot of ways. Mirror for the rules SOON (tm)
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #246110

No spyrers :'(? I wanted to be the spiderman
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #246148

Been literally ages since I saw the rules and I never actually got to play, but liked the idea
But I'm up for playing on TTS

How and when do?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246156

In probably 30 mins i will get a mirror to the community rules. Give them a read, pick a gang and do the initial gangbuilding all laid out in the rulebook. You may need to do a google search to find descriptions of the gangs as i dont think they are outlined in the community rules.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246186

Alright rulebooks here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqe6jummpk7v ... 2fvFa?dl=0

Also Crag spyrers are apparently unfun incarnate for this game so they did not make the cut

F
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #246187

Would any of the non-Spyrer outlanders be allowed? I'd be interested in this if I could go Redemptor
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246189

Honestly i have no goddamn idea. People were talking about ratskins and scavvies which seem cool. If there are no glaring balance concerns i don't see why Redemptors wouldnt be okay. Do they have rules in the community outlanders PDF i linked? I have not read the whole thing yet
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #246193

Yeah, they should be page 43 according to the contents of that PDF
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #246195

I'll be playing, I'd like to grab Scavvies if I can. I haven't played before.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246199

Roster updated. Also earlier when i said Escher i meant Delaque, want dem trenchcoat shooty boys
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #246221

Everyone should roll together for their starting turf before we start building. It is a critical part of your strategy to know what you have before you start building.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246232

Oh. Thats cool. I already i think built my gang but i guess i might change it if my territory requires it. What is the best way to have us all roll without needing to be in a game together, but still ensures people don't just keep re-rolling till they get what they want?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #246234

Discord channel and get a dicebot?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246241

I will ask Timbreworlf to begin the eldritch ritual required to raise DiceBot from his shallow grave in my backyard
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #246258

Was tempted to roll Cawdor, but I'll roll Orlock instead I think.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246266

Can someone more TTS savvy than me try tracking down some ruins maps we can play on? TTS workshop has a few, but they throw errors at me any time i try to load them and things always seem to be missing. I did find a thing with tokens for all of the house models including outlander clans which is good
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #246340

Wyzack wrote:Can someone more TTS savvy than me try tracking down some ruins maps we can play on? TTS workshop has a few, but they throw errors at me any time i try to load them and things always seem to be missing. I did find a thing with tokens for all of the house models including outlander clans which is good
I puled a full set of tokens and models from the front page of the TTS workshop. I've got a few maps, but I haven't got around to testing them yet. The one I did was busted though.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #246344

Have you guys started yet?

If you haven't, got room for one more?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246346

We have room for theoretically any number, and we certainly have not started yet
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #246352

After reading the rulebooks, I'd like to change to Pit Slaves instead of Scavvies.
Spoiler:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #246406

A few general strategic tips:

You should make sure to keep your ganger population high. Only gangers can work your turf, and you may want spares to work the market. It is vital to start with at least 4 gangers, and it is common to start with more. If you drop too low in gangers, it is considered an fair reason to retire after a desperation mission to get cash: If you don't have gangers, you can't get cash, and if you can't get cash, you can't buy more gangers. It is the main 'lose' condition for a gang. Don't grow your gang too fast either just to work absolutely everything. It really isn't worth it to get an extra ganger to work a 10 resource location, even if you want more manpower it may be smarter to have extra men work the trading post if you have spare cash.

Always feel free to retreat, especially if you are not at the point where you risk losing turf. If you are bottling, and you think you will take even more casualties by the end of the next turn, just bailing is the smart play. Winning a match doesn't give you very much unless you are giantslaying. If you fight, get a few wounds, and bottle so you can have gangers survive to work turf, you may come out *ahead* of the winner!

If your starting locations don't give good income definitely start with some ratskin scouts. It is far easier to get new locations by scouting than by taking them from others. If you have a supremely valuable location you should consider hired guns to help protect you from early attacks because people will try to steal what is yours. Hired guns are a good investment for starting gangs as long as you don't let them steal all the wounds, a hired gun winning a game for you while causing a wound or two is generally worth it.

If you start with tunnels consider going a bit heavier on close combat, if you get vents consider getting a few stronger ranged units. Your turf defines your gang.

Do not be afraid to be political. It is *not* unfair to gang up against a stronger player and constantly run hits on their leader, or to pillage their good locations. It will either propel them high enough so that they get to claim victory and retire, or will even the playing field.

Consider starting with spare cash. Starting cash is at a premium of course but spare cash can help you on the trading post. It is definitely a value judgement and some gangs have an easier time without starting cash than others.

It really is ok to retire. There is no stigma attached to it, necromunda is as much a narrative game as a wargame. As soon as the games stop being fun its a good idea to retire the gang. Obviously don't be a tool, and try to roll with punches. There is a difference between retiring because your heavies, leader, and one tech upgraded guy died while you were outlawed and you were pushed into a cruddy location and can't realistically recover from despite still being able to field a few models, and retiring because your heavy with a few cybernetic upgrades died or lost an eye, or because your friendly doctor location was stolen.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246424

Thanks dezz! Still not sure what the best way to roll for territories is outside of making a necromunda league discord channel, but i want to get the ball rolling on that today
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246429

Fuck it got fed up with waiting.

https://discord.gg/Rf2qMxF

Made one here, link should never expire. Has a diceroller bot, be sure to declare what you are rolling before you do it
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #246455

It appears this is quite the dangerous area of the hive, with by an early count a ratio of 4 house gangs to 3 outlander gangs. Of course Ratskin renegades are a bit more respectable, but it is still a lot of outlaws with nothing to lose.

I recommend my fellow house gangs not concentrate too many creds in any one model (save for their leader and heavies of course) and consider getting a hired gun who can bear the brunt of fighting early on. There is blood in the water, and sharks are circling. The houses need to stay strong or else these degenerates will grow fat off the blood of the weak.
XSI

Post by XSI » #246564

Great Griffons gang reporting in

Edit: House Crawdor
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #246589

captain sawrge wrote:I might join up but I'll need to learn how 2 play
this unless its too late
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
XSI

Post by XSI » #246625

It's not too late, just did a round to learn stuff and it highlighted the importance of cover
I don't think it will ever be too late, since we can retire gangs and bring in new ones anyway

Great Griffons won in an ambush, Big Griff has become known as a Juggernaut.
Last edited by XSI on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #246626

Me and XSI ran the first sesh just now

He ambushed me and it was a massacre, three of my guys downed in the first shooting phase, i bottled voluntarily before my first turn, ALL FUCKING THREE of my downed guys went out of action. Upgradecap is permenantly retarded and danno has an old battle wound. Such is life
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #246637

Gore-Jus George leads an intimidatingly large group of freaks up from the deepest, dankest stretches of the hives in search of credits and sweet hiver flesh to eat.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1723634219
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #246720

The Blak Crusaidas will probably get rolled.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1723634219
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #246788

i ended up goin with house delaque.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by captain sawrge on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #246820

Got our first dead Juve on Supermichael's side. He did cause me to bottle though!
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #246863

Hoping to get my first match tomorrow.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #246982

My new guitar arrives today but I should be free tobplay against anyone who wants to try repelling the horde.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #247177

Second post in the thread will be kept updated with all the current gang's ratings, arranged in order
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #247253

Gore-jus George and the gang got mauled trying to raid a guilder caravan.

Gore-jus has acquired a peg leg, Tall Paul doesnt hear so good no more, and Krab Nicholson was captured.

On the plus side both Scalies racked up a few wounds each while absorbing a ton of gun fire and giving absolutely no shits. The killer crocs get even killier.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #247473

What's the current head count on deaths and injuries? We've had quite a few really messy fights. I lost one ganger my first game, but thankfully that's the extent of my bleeding.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #247598

Wyzack wrote:Re purposing my second post as a Gang Ratings Leaderboard

The Sons of Primus (House Delaque): 1472
The Vultures (House Delaque): 1453
Great Griffons (House Cawdor): 1454
The Legitimate Businessmen (House Van Sarr): 1434 RETIRED
Krysinyy Scavengers (Ratskin Renegades): 1352
Ash Hounds (House Orlock): 1320
Gore-Jus George and the Pretty Boys (Scavvies): 1197
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #248021

Griffon have two injuries, 0 deaths

I don't think we had any deaths yet
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #248040

Cedarbridge's Ash Hounds lost a Juve to a poisoned arrow from Skorvold's Krysinyy Scavengers
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #248041

Or wait maybe it was supermicheal's gang that lost it
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #248124

Ash Hounds have one casualty and no lingering wounds.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #248342

Gore-jus took his boys and fled back down into the sump.

A Scavvy horde known as the Wasteland Wanderers has shown up in their stead, lead by the notorious Fat Dick. They rumbled with the Krysinny tribe over some salvage and came out on top. Witnesses describe the Wanderers as "just a ton of scumbags with autoguns".

Current rating 1354
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #248434

Fear the meme ratscout

>12(16?) inch movement if he runs
>4+ special save against overwatches
>If he starts and ends out of sight from the overwatcher, then there is a 5 in 6 chance that there won't even be an overwatch shot
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #248860

Those fancy pants Delaque were struttin around too prideful like
So Fat Dick and his family showed up in a hit on their leader, putting them in their place.

The bastards still managed to kill Heavin' Steven in the gunfight, but we caught their boy Gant and our bellies are rumbling.

EDIT: They came back for their boy but we put a few of them into the ground and the rest of the gang took off. Word is the loss of their leader was too much and they broke up.
We celebrated over dinner. Gant was the guest of honor.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: