Improvised ammo power gaming.

Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Improvised ammo power gaming.

Post by Boot » #652762

Since we seem to be talking alot about powergaming I thought I'd bring up something that I've seen alot recently. Round starts and some member of sec runs off to secure metal, cables, and welder fuel to make sure that their shotguns can be loaded with the most lethal ammo they can get their hands on all before code blue is even called.

Is this power gaming?
Should I be ahelping it?
Is it ok for sec to be holding all the materials in the brig for when the eventual crisis arrives?
At what point would it be ok for sec to rolling out the lethal shells?
Image Image
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Re: Improvised ammo power gaming.

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #652765

Yeah, should prolly A help them.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #652780

Definitely an ahelp on MRP, I'm not 100% sure about LRP. Probably not, unless they do a couple other things too, to the point it's rule 12.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #652793

Ye on MRP they should probably not be bypassing corporate assignments of ammo type to make Basement Murder Bullets

LRP is kind of the Wild West and they're gonna validly field-execute the antag after a stun anyway, so I guess who cares maybe?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #653252

If someone does any meta weapon/survival setup roundstart every round, then that kind of is a play to win playstyle, and I think rule 12 would cover that.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #653274

We don't see reason to specifically update the current prohibitions on powergaming and playing to win to specifically reference this case, given that rule 12 and the RP rules already cover this kind of gameplay.
On MRP: Escalation to lethal weaponry by security without a specific in character reason to believe it necessary is a violation of the RP rules.
On LRP: While seccies who want to occasionally play with the ballistic lethals can do so, repetitively making the acquisition and use of lethal options a priority would eventually fall afoul of rule 12.