TC trades-What is allowed and what isnt

Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

TC trades-What is allowed and what isnt

Post by Mono » #263703

Theres entirely too many conflicting opinion amongst admins for what is and isn't ok as a tc trade. Its incredibly annoying to have your tc trade request for revenant or a spellbook denied, but then see an admin allow literal round ending xenomorphs as another trade. I'd love to see a concrete set of rules regardng it be put in place
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: TC trades-What is allowed and what isnt

Post by D&B » #263705

Trying to limit what admins do at their discretion would just cause in them not doing it anymore.

And they do have rules. They can't summon megafauna for example.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263720

TC trades are a way for admins to spice up a round and are in no way an actual game mechanic, nor should you expect admins to give you one if you ask - they're inconsistent, yes, and we don't have a policy regarding them - and we likely won't ever, because the point is to use admin powers to do something fun and interesting. If it got to the point where we had a concrete TC trade policy, why even bother? Just add stuff to the uplink at that point

the only concrete rule you'll ever see about TCs (most likely, imo) is if something goes incredibly wrong and the rule becomes "there will be no TC trades"
Limey wrote:its too late.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #263723

Qbopper wrote:TC trades are a way for admins to spice up a round and are in no way an actual game mechanic, nor should you expect admins to give you one if you ask - they're inconsistent, yes, and we don't have a policy regarding them - and we likely won't ever, because the point is to use admin powers to do something fun and interesting. If it got to the point where we had a concrete TC trade policy, why even bother? Just add stuff to the uplink at that point

the only concrete rule you'll ever see about TCs (most likely, imo) is if something goes incredibly wrong and the rule becomes "there will be no TC trades"
This. No one is entitled to a TC trade. They are privileges, not rights.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Post by Mono » #263731

I understand the purpose of them, but some things are just a bit shitty in comparison to others. In just the last week I've seen 3 xeno tc trades all of which ended in the crew being killed/infected and the round end being forced to end. But then I guess its up to the admin in question if they want to allow it or not
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #263766

Mono wrote:But then I guess its up to the admin in question if they want to allow it or not
Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #263774

A good rule of thumb is: Is this fun just for me, or for others as well? This is why "make me a revenant" is a poor trade.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #263794

Up to admin discretion which is often up to context. If you ask for nerfed wizard powers, I might grant them on high enough pop, but not lowpop. If you ask to swap traitor for ling, I might grant it if there are lots of traitors and no lings but not in a regular traitorling mode. If you ask for xeno organs, I might grant them if there's already been a xeno outbreak, but not if it's roundstart. Stuff like that.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #263803

I'd put in several factors, including how much you ask for it, how unique it is, how well you generally play (do you normally murderbone 24/7 or do you try to make things interesting?), how the round's going, and how powerful that item is.
Basically what bandit said, but in specifics. Is this going to make the round more interesting, or is this going to make YOUR round more interesting?
edit: By interesting I mean fun for everyone involved, lots of things are "interesting" but not "fun".
Edit edit: What Qbopper said too, if something's going to be given all the time when asked for, why not just make it an uplink item and save us the bother?
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #263828

Depends on the admin and state of the round. One guy traded me for being a green eyed spider and nuked the round with sentient spider swarm, one made me do a run around and complete tasks to replace normal events with wizard ones at the same rate. I'd have had more fun D'swording the station.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #263858

I will never lay a groundwork for what is and what isn't allowed because of how situational it is. If I DID lay a groundwork, people would ahelp for something I said was acceptable in this thread, i'd tell them "no", then they'd link this thread saying "b-b-b-but you said...!".

Sometimes, rolling Traitorling 10 times back to back gets a bit boring and i'm more willing to provide creative "round influencing" TC trades. Othertimes I don't want to trade at all.

Some TC Trade Etiquette though that's probably already been said:

Don't ask for murderbone tools unless they're odd/wacky/creative

Don't ask for anything after, say, 10 minutes into the round. If you're a latejoin, work with what you have. If you die, you have effectively lost your TC [I don't TC trade with ghosts].

Don't use prayer [for me at least], it gets ignored. Use Ahelp. If it gets rejected/IC issue, don't ask again.

COME WITH A PLAN. If you ask for a TC trade , you better propose an idea or you're just going to get the "oh i'm not doing TC trades" *sees other guy with obvious TC trade* ordeal.

YOU FORFEIT YOUR ROUND FOR BADMINNERY IF YOU TC TRADE. If you lose very quickly, that's unfortunate but oh well.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263912

At this point I think we need to have a policy on TC trades telling people what's in this thread (that there is no policy on TC trades)

Some of the entitlement I've seen in ahelps/prays when we say "no" is ridiculous

If an admin says "no", don't say "come on I've asked like twice in my life since 1953" or "wtf I've asked 30 times in this round", say "alright" and play the damn round. Nothing grinds my gears like someone getting sassy because the admin said no, especially because sometimes we have actual reasons not to beyond "fuck you in particular" or whatever

Like, I'm going to have to start linking this thread when people "but MOOOOMMMM" in response to someone saying no to a TC trade - it's nothing personal when we say no, but it WILL be if you consistently annoy admins about TC trades

There's no official shitlist or something but I've seen a few people who I've made mental notes to not TC trade with, because they ask for it EVERY TIME THEY ROLL ANTAG and never do something interesting with it
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #263931

What's allowed in TC trades: what the admin(s) online at the time is willing to trade for

What's not allowed in TC trades: what the admin(s) online at the time is not willing to trade for
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #263949

Qbopper wrote:At this point I think we need to have a policy on TC trades telling people what's in this thread (that there is no policy on TC trades)

Some of the entitlement I've seen in ahelps/prays when we say "no" is ridiculous

If an admin says "no", don't say "come on I've asked like twice in my life since 1953" or "wtf I've asked 30 times in this round", say "alright" and play the damn round. Nothing grinds my gears like someone getting sassy because the admin said no, especially because sometimes we have actual reasons not to beyond "fuck you in particular" or whatever

Like, I'm going to have to start linking this thread when people "but MOOOOMMMM" in response to someone saying no to a TC trade - it's nothing personal when we say no, but it WILL be if you consistently annoy admins about TC trades

There's no official shitlist or something but I've seen a few people who I've made mental notes to not TC trade with, because they ask for it EVERY TIME THEY ROLL ANTAG and never do something interesting with it
Mute them from pray/asst, make a note if they keep it up.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #264054

captain sawrge wrote:
Qbopper wrote:At this point I think we need to have a policy on TC trades telling people what's in this thread (that there is no policy on TC trades)

Mute them from pray/asst, make a note if they keep it up.
make me

Hasn't gotten to the point I've had to as of yet, thank god