Murderbones on latenight

MollyKristoph
Byond Username: MollyKristoph

Murderbones on latenight

Post by MollyKristoph » #272866

Bottom post of the previous page:

They're not fun for anyone but the murderboner.
Most people up this late are just trying to autismfort.
Why is it allowed to happen?
The response is typically 'git gud scrub' when really, what's there to git gud with when one is hit with an ebow?
Please allow admins to do FUN things to murderboners when pop drops <40 or after 0100 CST, or something. Fuck, I dunno.
Either way, it's not fun, it's disheartening, and makes some people just stop playing.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Murderbones on latenight

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #284426

No admins on time to murderbone away from new harsher rule enforcement.

Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #284541

Kor wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Lets venture forth into the era of boring as fuck antags then

Antags only doing their objectives gets boring fast

Stuff target, remove body from the game, do nothing for 5 hours because the shuttle never gets called without an actual threat

Or even worse, the steal objectives
Put plasma tank in backpack, do nothing, no conflict at all
One guy taking the whole armoury and silently killing the 10 people online and making them wait 20 minutes for the round to restart followed by doing it again is also boring.

We recognize that rev and nuke need a minimum number of players/security to be fun and disabled them at low pop without us turning into bay station, asking traitors to do something more exciting than a double esword spree when there is almost nobody online wont turn us into bay either.
thank you for summing up why that mentality is ridiculous, does anyone (beyond the murdrerboner) find lowpop murderboning fun/conducive to the game? my experience says no
Limey wrote:its too late.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #284572

As to the complaint that "steal objectives are boring because they just stick it in their bag and do nothing." Steal objectives get overlooked because:

1) Crew are pointlessly complicit and just hand over sensitive items to anyone who asks. Usually after discovering the antag's status. "Yeah sure Johnny Greyshirt. Take this tank of plasma. I know you've got a job to do stealing it." Kinda stupid overall but whatchagonnado.

2) Sec doesn't investigate thefts that don't involve the armory or an obviously emagged door. I can count on my hands the times over 3 years that I've seen sec investigate something that was stolen. With our vigilante rules the way they are, sec just tells you to fuck off and get it yourself. They have REAL antags to hunt. We have lots of tools to find theives but nobody really bothers because the way antag is structured, "do anything you want" usually just means "carpetbomb the station and maybe look for your object of desire later." This isn't really sec's fault, they just really do have bigger things to worry about.

3) Illustrative of 2, but sec really doesn't give a shit about non-violent antags and antag objectives until they find proof of it happening through some other means or method. Arrest a guy for toolboxing the clown? Oh, he's got a slime sample in his bag? Caught the antag guys, unzip harmbatons.

So its not really a problem that the objectives are bad. Its that the objectives are overlooked because the way the antag-crew dynamic works just doesn't give people much incentive to care.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #284584

Theft and the classifications of theft are explained under space law, especially articles of "Grand Theft" for usually one of a kind items like the hand teleporters which warrant a instant perma/captial level sentence. People have wrote out space law guidelines for you to IC administrate a game but nobody uses them because "rules are for losers honk" "Space law was written by a authoritarian fascist or some shit" "How am i supposed to powergame if sec is going to stop me?"

Slime samples can just be marked down as theft and then spaced/bagged, that's unwarranted theft but unless the actual effect is harmful and they have the required reagent to activate it its no biggie. Its probably smarter to search them for illicit access to xenobio or check its not emagged.

> Meta aware of game-feature, but suddenly completely blind and RP forgetfulness on powercrept illegal items because it goes against gearcheck. Sounds like creeping around bullshit to me as a excuse for no repercussions to getting blatently better gear than what you had even if its stealing.

Spoiler: