Searching for the Nuke Op shuttle

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Searching for the Nuke Op shuttle

Post by WarbossLincoln » #277366

Bottom post of the previous page:

So this is less of a thread to discuss policy as it is one to discuss enforcement.

The rules on searching for the Nuke Op shuttle are pretty clear, albeit clunky. You aren't allowed to search for the shuttle unless you have something directly leading you there. Like a pinpointer or following an op.

The issue is that this seems to be arbitrarily enforced by whatever admins happen to be online at the time. There's a recent ban appeal for someone getting banned for using the teleporter to steal the nuke. They were told the above rule and got banned for it. However I was in a round recently where an engineer flew to the shuttle locations after ops were discovered until he found it and then spaced the nuke. This was considered 100% ok by the admins online at the time.

We need some consistency in the rulings here.

Also, this is more of a suggestion but I think the nuke ops should be able to use the disk and their code in the station self destruct terminal.
--Crocodillo

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Searching for the Nuke Op shuttle

Post by lumipharon » #285408

Even if you make the shuttle indestructable again, borgs can still beep boop their way in and space the nuke, or simply move the shuttle off the z-level.
This is pretty clearly some rule 1 level dickery - there are lots of situations where you can genuinely get to the shuttle, and have fun situations doing so, but it's spoiled by power gamers.

How about this, make the nuke start on the shuttle anchored by default? Because you need the nuke disk to unanchor the nuke (going to the shuttle to space the nuke while carrying the disk is both exceedingly shitty, and also risky because pinpointers), as long as borgs are expressly forbidden from moving the shuttle (and I presume telesci can't move an anchored object?), there is nothing the crew can do to remove the nuke except dropping a singulo on it, which is pretty hilarious in itself. Explosions don't destroy the nuke, right?

Being able to use the station nuke as a backup is also neat.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #285443

lumipharon wrote:How about this, make the nuke start on the shuttle anchored by default?
holy shit, a good and concrete idea in policy
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #285754

Allow the station nuke to be used if the ops nuke is gone, that'll help

It's a code fix to a player problem but there you go
MollyKristoph
Byond Username: MollyKristoph

Post by MollyKristoph » #285848

Takeguru wrote:Allow the station nuke to be used if the ops nuke is gone, that'll help

It's a code fix to a player problem but there you go
An extra fix would be to actually put it out of easy reach of the players, such as teleportation ability, directed destination points for the shuttle itself, and other solutions.
The nukies are trying to kill the station. Why on Earth should players be forced to pretend to be even more retarded than they already are?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #285879

it keeps coming back
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #285951

Oranges, baby,
What if we make it start anchored?
Then can I have my precious telescience back, sans goofballing?
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #285995

Make the station nuke have the same code, i'd love for nuke ops to sometimes have to resort to reach a known location, rather than always dropping the bomb on the most inaccessible-but-still-within-bounds edge of the station.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286040

XDTM wrote:Make the station nuke have the same code, i'd love for nuke ops to sometimes have to resort to reach a known location, rather than always dropping the bomb on the most inaccessible-but-still-within-bounds edge of the station.
On that note, the station nuke should always have a randomised code.
That one in what, one hundred thousand chance of guessing the code correctly ought to be worth it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #287892

Right well anyways, this thread was basically over with the OP. Complaining about inconsistent rulings should be taken to Admin Feedback General or to the specific page of the inconsistent admin in question (extreme cases could also call for an admin complaint). There's no policy to be discussed here, the rule works as intended.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: