Inciting riots and letting shit hit the fan.

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Inciting riots and letting shit hit the fan.

Post by D&B » #283313

It's tiring. I'll preface by saying that.

Where do we draw the line on people acting like revs, flashing people, assaulting sec officers, only to find out ops are breaking into the armory?

How much do you need to be pushed or attacked or griefed before you can take actual action?

Because it's a shitty circle. It has gotten worse in the last few months. Worse off is that you can implant them, discover that they are not a rev whatsoever, and they smugly look at you after the damage was done. It's getting tiring, it's making playing sec shittier than it should be, it makes playing nice impossible.

Please draw a line, or a minimum standard for action. This cannot and should not be allowed to fester like it is. Ignoring it will only make it get worse. I'd argue it already got worse.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Re: Inciting riots and letting shit hit the fan.

Post by Xhagi » #283319

Oh hey it's another minor IC crime thread. It's as if locking the others and hand waving it literally solves nothing. Really makes you think.

You'll probably get the same responses as the other thread, aka git gud or just kill them or whatever. Thing is it's usually the same people, static name or no, doing the same things round after round. At some point admins need to do something. But seems the headmins are okay with the status quo.

But what do I know, I'm just a literally who admin who hasn't played in a long time, and when I did try to play my last round consisted of assistants constantly trying to shove me around right after I got off the arrivals shuttle when I'm the QM until I fought back and then I got put into crit. Neither had anything done to them. Like I said, seems they're okay with letting this continue on.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #283354

Murder them until they stop playing.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #283368

>Murder shitlers
BWOINK, BWOINK, BWOINK. Why did you do it, officer? They dindu nuffin!
Bring back papercult.

Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #283381

i dunno about official policy, but ive been giving 500 point gulag sentences to nerds who cry viva over the radio roundstart and nothing has come of it yet, try it out.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #283386

InsaneHyena wrote:>Murder shitlers
Citation not found.

We have pretty good logging tools and obvious shitty players are easy to spot with an observer camera.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #283395

InsaneHyena wrote:>Murder shitlers
I always see sec players bitch and moan about getting PMed even though most PMs are just to get both sides of a story or ask a couple q's
can you people get over yourselves please
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #283399

yeah I'd say 75% of my bwoinks of sec are "please tell me what I already know so I can tell urist mcimperfectperson to go fuck himself"
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #283403

what i've had to put up with
what absolutely pisses me off
is bwoinks when action is happening
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #283407

DemonFiren wrote:what i've had to put up with
I've been pushing for admins to be better about this. I usually spectate my prey the people I'm talking to so I can make sure they're not busy first.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #283408

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
I've been pushing for admins to be better about this. I usually spectate my prey the people I'm talking to so I can make sure they're not busy first.
I usually just anticipate that they're going to be in the middle of something and just let them know I'll wait for their response. Unless they're obviously about to execute somebody for a shitty reason or toss somebody out an airlock or whatever.
bandit

Post by bandit » #283409

protip: when the admins say "hi, do you have a minute" they are literally asking you if you have a minute
i.e. if action is happening
do they not teach lizards to read

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #283422

bandit wrote:
protip: when the admins say "hi, do you have a minute" they are literally asking you if you have a minute
i.e. if action is happening
do they not teach lizards to read
do admins seriously expect average players to tell the vindictive sadist with the banhammer "no, go away"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #283426

cedarbridge wrote:
Atlanta-Ned wrote:
I usually just anticipate that they're going to be in the middle of something and just let them know I'll wait for their response. Unless they're obviously about to execute somebody for a shitty reason or toss somebody out an airlock or whatever.
One of the more amusing Bwoink I got was waaaay back when I first started, I was tossing out a chaplain from his own mass driver when I got bwoinked, said 'not right now, be with you shortly' or something to that effect, vented the chaplain, and then responded properly and the admin put back 'I was going to ask you not to kill him'
lol
didn't even eat a ban.

But genuinely regarding bwoinking: I will fully admit that I am a fuckhead when I play security, I am petty, obstructive, vindictive, overbearing and nitpicky. But I like transparency, one of my more recent rounds had Klara (I think) being shit, gave her a warning, when she got caught again she told me that she was going to kill another person when she got out, so I implanted her with tracking and told her that if she went near science (the persons job) she was getting taken down and shot in a backroom somewhere for blatantly trying to murder someone, lo and behold about five minutes later me and Officer Mchenchman were dumping lethals into Klara's head in security maint because she violated her parole. I did na get bwoinked.

I find that so long as you can rationally justify your actions to admemes (and I mean actually rationally, not 'lol she a shit') then they're fine with you scraping off some dogshit from the server. Just don't go randomly murdering people, have an actual reason for removing them from the round; they have just as much right to have fun as you do.

As an aside here's my list of shitty things I'll do as security.
- Extend your sentence by five minutes every time you try and resist out the cuffs, including when you're in the cell, if you get out the cuffs you get lethalled to crit and then jacketed for the next ten minutes once you're healed to just above 'not dead'
- Tracking implant you the moment you arrive because you are no rights scum.
- Slap on a mandatory five minute sentence if I call you in for a parole meeting via the text to implant device in the brig and you don't show in five minutes.
- Mandatory five minutes for running away from sec when they want to arrest you, on top of whatever the office deems needed.
- Demotion for people committing crimes that put them far outside their work purview (if you wanted to be a robotics nerd you shouldn't be stabbing shit in the kitchen, HOP demote this shit)
- Make you fill out honest to gods paperwork before you've even started your actual sentence.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #283468

just want to reinforce some of the above posts

-"do you have a minute" is us asking for you to respond when you get a chance, if you're in deep shit and they want a reply now they won't give you that - you can say "give me a second" and we won't complain
-seriously sawrge is right, the majority of bwoinks to sec are "hey what's going on between you and X?" and not "STOP DOING THAT YOU'RE GOING TO GET BANNED"
D&B wrote:It's tiring. I'll preface by saying that.

Where do we draw the line on people acting like revs, flashing people, assaulting sec officers, only to find out ops are breaking into the armory?

have you ahelped any of these things in the moment?

How much do you need to be pushed or attacked or griefed before you can take actual action?

what do you mean by "actual action"? Arresting them? Executing them? That's too vague of a question to be answered

Because it's a shitty circle. It has gotten worse in the last few months.

unfortunately agree, even if it hasn't gotten worse it FEELS worse

Worse off is that you can implant them, discover that they are not a rev whatsoever, and they smugly look at you after the damage was done. It's getting tiring, it's making playing sec shittier than it should be, it makes playing nice impossible.

if that actually happens to you ahelp it please

Please draw a line, or a minimum standard for action. This cannot and should not be allowed to fester like it is. Ignoring it will only make it get worse. I'd argue it already got worse.
I don't want to turn this into "if someone looks at you funny ahelp and they'll get banned" but seriously if someone is consistently being shit let us know instead of sitting there saying "geez this sucks I can't do anything in response to them being shit for fear of a ban"

admins aren't going to see the majority of stuff unless you ahelp it, it would be much easier to ban someone being terrible every round if we had a history of people ahelping them doing stupid shit every round without fail, then we can speak with them/tell them to stop, and if they don't tehn they'll probably get a ding dong soon after
Limey wrote:its too late.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #283476

It really has become a circle of grief. Assistants grief security, security griefs back. Assistants whine about said grief and then turn up their own. Security responds in kind and so on. Then you get threads like "Can security execute me 4noraisins?" from Urist McGreyshitMain and this one complaining about the other party's grief because it just keeps escalating, across rounds too.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #283521

Qbopper wrote:but seriously if someone is consistently being shit let us know instead of sitting there saying "geez this sucks I can't do anything in response to them being shit for fear of a ban"
yeah i did; he got made into an admin
Reece

Post by Reece » #283532

J_Madison wrote:
Qbopper wrote:but seriously if someone is consistently being shit let us know instead of sitting there saying "geez this sucks I can't do anything in response to them being shit for fear of a ban"
Call the name. Say it!
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #283539

Reece wrote:
J_Madison wrote:
Call the name. Say it!
hint: he's on thin ice
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #283582

Tell Bryce Pax to pack his bags.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #283617

J_Madison wrote:
don't look at me, I'm not the one who candidated him
bandit

Post by bandit » #283693

DemonFiren wrote:do admins seriously expect average players to tell the vindictive sadist with the banhammer "no, go away"
Well sure if you word it like that but it's not hard to say "one sec." When admins ask if you have a minute this is exactly what they ask it for.

admin feedback pls
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #283696

Not from my experience. On one occasion, when I was asked about executions of all access peeps... An admin basically told me that I shouldn't have done that, and then spawned revs.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #283718

Sligneris wrote:Not from my experience. On one occasion, when I was asked about executions of all access peeps... An admin basically told me that I shouldn't have done that, and then spawned revs.
Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness later. It's very likely that you just got a graytide loving admin. If you gave a valid reason for their execution, which their should be if they had all access- more than likely grand theft (of all access), major trespass or trespass, possession of contraband, theft, resisting arrest, maybe more counts of grand theft, depending on how violently they resist arrest assault of officer... the charges add up to an execution. If the admin notes/bans you for it, then appeal it on the forums and I'm pretty sure it would get lifted if they legitimately did steal all access and were tiding with it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #283748

executions are so fucking gay
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #283751

captain sawrge wrote:executions are so fucking gay
you're so fucking gay
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #283778

captain sawrge wrote:executions are so fucking gay
thank you for the quality feedback
BeeSting12 wrote:
Sligneris wrote:Not from my experience. On one occasion, when I was asked about executions of all access peeps... An admin basically told me that I shouldn't have done that, and then spawned revs.
Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness later. It's very likely that you just got a graytide loving admin. If you gave a valid reason for their execution, which their should be if they had all access- more than likely grand theft (of all access), major trespass or trespass, possession of contraband, theft, resisting arrest, maybe more counts of grand theft, depending on how violently they resist arrest assault of officer... the charges add up to an execution. If the admin notes/bans you for it, then appeal it on the forums and I'm pretty sure it would get lifted if they legitimately did steal all access and were tiding with it.
I don't know how comfortable I am with encouraging people to "shoot first ask later", and I personally think most sec players are far too execution happy, but I can agree that if you have a valid reason for what you're doing you probably will get some sympathy considering how many people we have right now doing this sort of stuff
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #283790

Qbopper wrote:
I don't know how comfortable I am with encouraging people to "shoot first ask later", and I personally think most sec players are far too execution happy, but I can agree that if you have a valid reason for what you're doing you probably will get some sympathy considering how many people we have right now doing this sort of stuff
Real world experience and applied in SS13.

How do you suppress a larger population that're less armed?
You give them the Israeli-Palestine or the Chinese-Uigher treatment.

Systematic targeting, immediate response, zero tolerance, relentless persuit, overwhelming force.

Israel gives you 2 years for throwing stones, 10 for throwing at cars, 20 at people, I give you 4-6 minutes in the brig for assault of an officer, 600 pts for theft from an officer, and the grand prize for attempted murder.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #283796

Swagbringer wrote:i dunno about official policy, but ive been giving 500 point gulag sentences to nerds who cry viva over the radio roundstart and nothing has come of it yet, try it out.
This. Gulag or the threat of it makes people shut up very quickly
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #283808

@Qbopper
What I'm saying is, don't ask an admin before an execution, just do it and answer their questions later. If the execution was truly valid and the admin isn't a fucktard then it should go over well for you, and if it doesn't, you appeal on the forums and get someone higher up to overturn it. If that doesn't work then what can I say, it probably wasn't valid in the first place.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #283816

J_Madison wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Real world experience and applied in SS13.

How do you suppress a larger population that're less armed?
You give them the Israeli-Palestine or the Chinese-Uigher treatment.

Systematic targeting, immediate response, zero tolerance, relentless persuit, overwhelming force.

Israel gives you 2 years for throwing stones, 10 for throwing at cars, 20 at people, I give you 4-6 minutes in the brig for assault of an officer, 600 pts for theft from an officer, and the grand prize for attempted murder.
what the fuck am I reading
BeeSting12 wrote:@Qbopper
What I'm saying is, don't ask an admin before an execution, just do it and answer their questions later. If the execution was truly valid and the admin isn't a fucktard then it should go over well for you, and if it doesn't, you appeal on the forums and get someone higher up to overturn it. If that doesn't work then what can I say, it probably wasn't valid in the first place.
that seems more reasonable as long as the execution reason isn't completely retarded
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #283848

you're reading a jmad post
it's always a shitpost

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #283869

bandit wrote:yeah I'd say 75% of my bwoinks of sec are "please tell me what I already know so I can tell urist mcimperfectperson to go fuck himself"
This, whenever I get bwoinked as sec its like 2 seconds of "Yeah he was basically being a fucking idiot" then problem solved. Although it would be nice if there was a way to stop a role from being predominantly bwoinked more than any other role.

Edit: Executions are pretty fucking gay, there are so many ways to deal with shitters. Get creative you don't have to be an efficient greytide stopping MACHINE as sec. I find that if I brig someone for greytiding and let them know that if I see their ass in here again its gonna be a lot less pleasant they normally either don't get caught or stop greytiding. Also theres chemical implants and bomb collars
Last edited by Nilons on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #283874

Nilons wrote:
bandit wrote:yeah I'd say 75% of my bwoinks of sec are "please tell me what I already know so I can tell urist mcimperfectperson to go fuck himself"
This, whenever I get bwoinked as sec its like 2 seconds of "Yeah he was basically being a fucking idiot" then problem solved. Although it would be nice if there was a way to stop a role from being predominantly bwoinked more than any other role.
It is actually normal that security should get bwoinked more than any role. Their entire job is based on player interaction, often in a negative manner unlike MDs or engineers. If the player having an interaction with security isn't valid, it's likely he'd ahelp, causing a bwoink.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?