Indirectly helping antags in station vs antags situation

Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Indirectly helping antags in station vs antags situation

Post by Kelenius » #22158

The situation being confirmed nuke ops, malf, blob, wizard, things like that. I sometimes meet people who, in a situation like that, instead of helping the people who are fighting the antags, or at least not getting in their way, act as if nothing happened and actively hinder with the crew.

I could give some examples, such as captain and warden tasing people who were breaking into medbay storage after the AI went delta because they were 'trespassing and breaking in', HoP who, when security officers and chaplain asked for additional access asked them to fill the papers in a confirmed cult (by the moment it finished, they summoned nar'sie), security officer who kept two people in a prison after nuke ops were confirmed, refused to release them, and refused to give out weapons, and then when someone tased him to take his ID, permaed the guy.

While teeeeeeechnically they are following the space law/roleplaying/'why should I assume there are no other antags'/whatever else reason they can come up with, it is, in my opinion, seriously breaking the rule 1.

Should this be allowed or bannable?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: Indirectly helping antags in station vs antags situation

Post by Cipher3 » #22161

Kelenius wrote: captain and warden tasing people who were breaking into medbay storage after the AI went delta because they were 'trespassing and breaking in'
This is really bad.
Kelenius wrote:HoP who, when security officers and chaplain asked for additional access asked them to fill the papers in a confirmed cult
Cruel, inefficient, bureaucratic. Awful to deal with, part of his job.
Kelenius wrote:security officer who kept two people in a prison after nuke ops were confirmed, refused to release them
He's not arresting them for being antags. If the reason's valid, he can leave them there. They did commit a perma'able offense most likely in the first 5-10 minutes of the round depending on the speed of the nuke ops.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #22162

Cipher3 wrote:
Kelenius wrote:security officer who kept two people in a prison after nuke ops were confirmed, refused to release them
He's not arresting them for being antags. If the reason's valid, he can leave them there. They did commit a perma'able offense most likely in the first 5-10 minutes of the round depending on the speed of the nuke ops.
They were in the cells. He refused to release them from the cells.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #22163

I think those examples are fine. Just because the antag type has been confirmed doesnt mean you need to become a powergaming antag-hunter and break all the normal station rules in an attempt to "win". The one thing id do differently is rather than letting those people break into med storage, id get the kits for them instead.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #22168

security officer who kept two people in a prison after nuke ops were confirmed, refused to release them, and refused to give out weapons, and then when someone tased him to take his ID, permaed the guy.
Let's see what's really wrong here...
-What confirms a nuke game mode? Red space suits? People screaming in the radio? No way they could be wrong!
-Nuke game mode? Then there must be no traitors
-No traitors mean all criminals are automatically released because antags are the only people security should persecute
-That security officer is doing his job instead of doing the above! Better use force to steal his and his department's things!
-ADMINHELP: Help shitcurity perma'd me for trying to take his ID because
he wouldn't immediately release prisoners and arm them to fight the antags!

Basically, everything you describe in the OP is an IC issue. Metagaming the game mode to go full powergaming mode is shitty and is exactly the kind of behavior admins try to discourage.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #22170

Station vs antags situations should always at least a little promote some kind of unspoken camaraderie between the crew but it usually ends up with everyone being too sour to work together against the blob/nuke ops/malf. 'indirectly' helping antags like running into borgers or blowing up welding tanks is truly terrible. Additionally, just because there's big looming threats doesn't mean all roleplay should be abandoned.

What are they going to say? "HOP GIVE ME ALL ACCESS ITS MALF!!!!"

Come on. It's not indirectly helping antags to keep shitters out of medbay storage if they don't have the access. If they want medical supplies they can ask nicely or play doctor. Even in situations like this you have to roleplay, even if it's a big bummer and 'teeeeechnically' IC, you shitter.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #22177

Kelenius wrote:People do not let me go full play-to-win validhunt no greentext 4u

Should this be allowed or bannable?
This is exactly how OP feels. While it can go over the top, like arresting someone trying to get medicine, you cannot blame people for staying in their bureaucratic/extremely lawful character.

At no point it should be bannable fucking ever.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #22232

Kelenius wrote: and then when someone tased him to take his ID, permaed the guy.
It's a pretty shitty thing to do to tase someone to take there ID simply because they're doing something you disagree with.
I'd definatly side with the HOS in this situation.

While the HoP not increasing the security access is pretty stupid and shitty its still a roleplaying game (to an extent). Everyone has roles to fill, if some random assistant becomes a bad ass sec in all but name because "nuke ops confirmed" then I think we're moving away from that element and becoming very meta very quickly IMO. Though I really wouldn't go as far as bay an say things like BWOINK"your an assistant how do you know how to use a gun?" or any of that crap.

It's about balance I guess is what I'm saying.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #22233

So when I am trying to talk about a problem in general, you are telling me how I was wrong about giving you one of the examples, without knowing specific details.

I do not have anything against the roleplay. This is not roleplay. This is intentionally being a prick and using roleplay as an excuse.

Do you really that in a situation when the AI is confirmed to be rogue, the station's self-destruct mechanism is activated, and a lot of doors are shocked, leading to many burns, stunning and lazering people who break into medical storage to get medicine, because medbay is in total chaos, and sleepers are not working is good roleplay? Especially if people die as a result?

What about permabrigging for a non-capital crime without captain's permission, which is required by the space law when warden and HoS are absent, without saying a single word in the process, is what you'd call roleplaying an extremely lawful character. The nuke ops were confirmed by the AI being dead and cyborgs, and then multiple people reporting them, plus there have been explosions, IIRC. "There are hostiles on the station who are going to blow up the whole station? Nah, I'm going to guard this clown in a cell." - do you think that this is good roleplay?

"We’re all here to have a good time. If you’re intentionally trying to ruin everyone else’s good time..." - tell me how I am a play-to-win powergaming validhunter for being zapped into red health by the AI and wanting an ointment from medbay, or by coming to brig and asking our only security officer to arm up people and go fight the nuke ops, and not wanting to spend the rest of the round in a 2x3 cell and then dying in a nuclear explosion.

To emphasise on this again, I don't have anything against the roleplay, if it's good roleplay, and not just being as much of a dick as possible and then saying "I was roleplaying, you all are play-to-win validhunting shitters" when asked "why did you do it?"
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #22238

I do not think they are being assholes intentionally. Like you say, the place is in chaos, its easy to get caught up in the moment and do silly things, even in a game.

If they are breaking space law by permabrigging someone as you say, then they are in the wrong and should be dealt with accordingly. However things like not giving out guns or all-access because its malf AI, Blob or Nuke Ops? Stuff like that is completely fine imo.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #22245

I utterly refuse, as HoP, to hand out all access to anyone, despite it being blob/ malf/ nuke ops. Though I will extend a bit of access, it's utterly rediculous to go, "Oh snap, nuke ops, better hand out all access.".
Also, people with all access in blob rounds? I see a lot of people raid EVA, say , "Screw you, guys." And jump into space (Although I can see why, and it's tempting.).
Nuke Ops? Oh, ya, let's just raid the armoury, and then go die in glorious combat, giving the Ops our all access ID's and an armoury.
Malf? Same as blob.
:^)
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #22254

Kelenius wrote:tell me how I am a play-to-win powergaming validhunter
You think that everyone must do everything to "win" the game and if they don't or if they don't let you do it, they should be banned. It's pretty simple.

Like I said, there are bad examples of this, like medical storage thing, but those are probably people who are not very experienced in the game. Have you considered that they might not know exactly what's happening?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #22256

It's not just the one example I have an issue with, it's all of them, along with the fundamental idea behind your complaint. As far as I'm concerned, all of these are IC issues that need to be dealt IC instead of coming to admins when other people aren't as p2w as you.
What about permabrigging for a non-capital crime without captain's permission, which is required by the space law when warden and HoS are absent, without saying a single word in the process, is what you'd call roleplaying an extremely lawful character. The nuke ops were confirmed by the AI being dead and cyborgs, and then multiple people reporting them, plus there have been explosions, IIRC. "There are hostiles on the station who are going to blow up the whole station? Nah, I'm going to guard this clown in a cell." - do you think that this is good roleplay?
If the permabrigging was unwarranted, they should adminhelp it and we would look into it. It has nothing and should have nothing to do with "the game mode is nuke ops, thus traitors do not exist". To release everyone just to "win" is awful behavior I will never stand for. The guy could be in there for being a griefing shit for all we know.

Security exists to maintain order, not just hunt antagonists.

Forgoing roleplay just to win, or playing-2-win, are not valid playstyles and never will be. Anyone who consistently does this will get dunked.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #22312

Kelenius wrote:So when I am trying to talk about a problem in general, you are telling me how I was wrong about giving you one of the examples, without knowing specific details.
The problem being you're trying to address a problem when most of the situations you actually listed aren't a problem. It's hard to support stopping perfectly valid IC situations.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #22581

Spacemanspark wrote:I utterly refuse, as HoP, to hand out all access to anyone, despite it being blob/ malf/ nuke ops. Though I will extend a bit of access, it's utterly rediculous to go, "Oh snap, nuke ops, better hand out all access.".
Also, people with all access in blob rounds? I see a lot of people raid EVA, say , "Screw you, guys." And jump into space (Although I can see why, and it's tempting.).
Nuke Ops? Oh, ya, let's just raid the armoury, and then go die in glorious combat, giving the Ops our all access ID's and an armoury.
Malf? Same as blob.
Malf is different, you really need to give out access to obscure APCs so people can trash them otherwise everybody dies horrible.

Nuke ops its best to wait for sec to get rekt and borrow their stuff.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy