Traitor Ghost role Interaction

Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Traitor Ghost role Interaction

Post by Nilons » #293856

There is currently a ban appeal up which raised a valid question. In the ban appeal a traitor let the lavaland syndicate weapons agents know they were coming in and bought an agent Id, then was shot immediately upon getting to the facility. Does this fall under traitors not being team antags and should be ruled as if another traitor had killed him or does the syndicate weapons scientists and communication guy exist to aid traitors and should therefore not kill them?
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Traitor Ghost role Interaction

Post by BeeSting12 » #293857

It defeats the point of the ruin to shoot traitors if you ask me.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #293861

In the context of that appeal, none of the scientists realized that the miner was a traitor, so he got shot like any other intruder would.

It's a pointless thread if you ask me. Syndicate base agents should help traitors out, sure. But that's kinda a null point when a traitor simply waltzes in without confirming that agents even know who he is.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #293863

PathOfChaos1 wrote: Reason for being banned: I was a traitor miner, I had found a Syndicate base with people inside. I had tried knocking, I bought a Syndi radio key and said I was outside and that I may be comming in. I then bought an Agent card and kept it held in my hand. I ran in with my boat and attempted to say wait/stop. They killed me on sight even murdering me past crit with the agent card on the ground. I was really butt mad about the ordeal spawned in as the last syndi operative, and set the base for self destruct.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #293872

Oh, we've already been through that, back then in deadchat. No one heard them. I even asked them in deadchat numerous times - "Did you ever hear anything back from us?" They couldn't give an answer. Asked other scientists killed by that self-destruct, no one seemed to know anything. Scrolled up. Nothing, not a single thing about anyone on Syndicate channel giving a heads-up that they're going to enter. Made an issue report. Nothing came up.

Not that it changes anything. Being killed does not exactly justify respawning in order to metagrudge, as far as that appeal is concerned.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #293878

Yeah I agree 100% with not respawning to metagrudge, that's still shit. Just pointing out that apparently he did call out on radio, even if it bugged out or w/e.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #293918

Not a ban request and also not advocating the response he had, just wanna know about syndie weapons dudes relationship with station traitors
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #293926

flavour_text = "<font size=3>You are a syndicate agent, employed in a top secret research facility developing biological weapons. Unfortunately, your hated enemy, Nanotrasen, has begun mining in this sector. <b>Monitor enemy activity as best you can, and try to keep a low profile. Do not abandon the base without good cause.</b> Use the communication equipment to provide support to any field agents, and sow disinformation to throw Nanotrasen off your trail. Do not let the base fall into enemy hands!</b>"

They can provide you support if you're on station via comms, but that doesn't mean they HAVE to allow you entry into the facility that they are meant to heavily guard.

With that said if it's just going to be a loot hive for antags only then it'll probably see a nerf. do you REALLY want that?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #294240

Yeah I mean I guess it's not explicitly not allowed in this case but breaking into the base for phat loot isn't really the purpose of the ruin either
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #294256

PKPenguin321 wrote:Yeah I mean I guess it's not explicitly not allowed in this case but breaking into the base for phat loot isn't really the purpose of the ruin either
>coordinating with the other syndicates

>buying the item that allows you to just walk in

>gunned down by the syndicates wordlessly
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #294323

Armhulen wrote:>coordinating with the other syndicates

>buying the item that allows you to just walk in

>gunned down by the syndicates wordlessly
It's as if just walking in without actually confirming that the syndicates are aware of your presence will only freak them out.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #294384

In his original story he said he bought a syndicate encryption key
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #294385

Wyzack wrote:In his original story he said he bought a syndicate encryption key
and he assumed that "deathly silence" meant "we know you're coming"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #294386

play stupid games, ect
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #294394

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Wyzack wrote:In his original story he said he bought a syndicate encryption key
and he assumed that "deathly silence" meant "we know you're coming"
Oh what a retard
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #294398

This seems like such a edge case scenario that I think having a policy/rule on it would be detrimental.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #294402

Steelpoint wrote:This seems like such a edge case scenario that I think having a policy/rule on it would be detrimental.
Most likely