Abductee objectives

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Abductee objectives

Post by bandit » #299538

It should be actionable for people who don't even try to do their abductee objectives, because no one is. The entire point of abductors is to have crew members acting strange, not to be quasi-wizard with everyone knowing exactly what the ayys are and trying to valid them.

Discuss.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Abductee objectives

Post by Qbopper » #299577

I don't know about making it actionable if someone doesn't do their objectives, because we don't do that for other antags (for the most part)

However yeah it's kinda frustrating to see people ignore it entirely in favor of trying to get the ayys
Limey wrote:its too late.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #299583

Ayys are an antag with additional restrictions imposed upon them.
It makes sense for the antags they create - which may turn on them - to also have restrictions.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299589

Create a clause saying abductee "doesn't remember" abduction. There's already precedence for this.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #299590

the objectives seems like forced roleplay to me, people should act like they've been probed on their on volition
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #299721

I support a "don't remember abduction" clause, it would really improve things. I'm not sure we can do much to force players to play out the objectives, but if they cannot try to valid the ayys back they may put more focus on those, since they give them a little bit of grief leeway.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #299729

XDTM wrote:I support a "don't remember abduction" clause, it would really improve things. I'm not sure we can do much to force players to play out the objectives, but if they cannot try to valid the ayys back they may put more focus on those, since they give them a little bit of grief leeway.
This, too.
bandit

Post by bandit » #299752

I mean the objectives are written with that in mind, one of them is "find out who did this to you" which is kind of pointless when immediately after someone is dropped on station they yell I'VE BEEN ABDUCTED WE HAVE ABDUCTORS over comms

admin feedback pls
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #299758

Abductor's are a side-antag with restrictions imposed upon them. If i recall correctly, and last i'd heard, they are not allowed to; strip command of their IDs, strip people completely and send them back naked, purposefully spam recall the shuttle, raid the armory, murder the crew outside of self-defense, and the like.

Abductee's are fairly similar. After an abduction they get a line akin to "Your mind snaps" followed by a random, often RP objective from a list.
In my opinion, players shouldn't be punished for not doing their objectives as, some can be finicky and intimidating to people who don't know how to "Roleplay" it or simply don't feel like breaking all the windows, preventing people from being cloned, etc.

I don't think they should be permitted to instantly call out that they'd been abducted or seek to have the organ removed. It defeats the purpose of stealthy abductions and observation of the effects. At the very least.
As it makes it extremely difficult for Abductors to catch people off-guard without raising alarm when everyone knows the moment one guy comes back and starts screaming about it.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #299780

bandit wrote:I mean the objectives are written with that in mind, one of them is "find out who did this to you" which is kind of pointless when immediately after someone is dropped on station they yell I'VE BEEN ABDUCTED WE HAVE ABDUCTORS over comms
If one of the objectives is "find out who did this to you" it should be open shut you don't remember it because that's the attitude the coders had in mind when they coded it.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #299786

Make sure to put it in big red text so they can't claim that they didn't see the 'no memory' clause
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #299835

I thought there already WAS a non memory clause lol
bandit

Post by bandit » #299899

If there is no one follows it

admin feedback pls
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #300000

People are supposed to use their creativity and like maybe hazily remember bits of the experience, or none at all. We don't need a dumb OOC piece of text yelling at them on how they're supposed to act.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #300001

Apparently we do
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #300216

Bawhoppennn wrote:People are supposed to use their creativity and like maybe hazily remember bits of the experience, or none at all. We don't need a dumb OOC piece of text yelling at them on how they're supposed to act.
Lazengann wrote:Apparently we do
How are people supposed to know they're supposed to do what you describe if the game doesn't tell them

Most people don't read things they don't have to, and many will try to rules lawyer around shit

This is why I (or technically cobby) added the GIANT RED LETTERS saying "fuck you don't be a shit" to drones
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #300403

Bawhoppennn wrote:People are supposed to use their creativity and like maybe hazily remember bits of the experience, or none at all. We don't need a dumb OOC piece of text yelling at them on how they're supposed to act.
disgrace
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #300522

Bawhoppennn wrote:People are supposed to use their creativity
"I got antag objectives, I kill people now"
Bawhoppennn wrote:and like maybe hazily remember bits of the experience
"IT'S ABDUCTORS"

Yeah no, we need the text.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #301828

I think sometimes we forget that SS13 is a space-themed autism simulator(simulating both having and dealing with autism). I think we need the text.
--Crocodillo

XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #301984

The PR already got merged, we have the text
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.