Unenforced Rule?

tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Unenforced Rule?

Post by tacolizard » #301844

Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.

also:

Purged silicons must not attempt to kill people without cause, but can get as violent as they feel necessary if being attacked, being besieged, or being harassed, as well as if meting out payback for events while shackled.
Last edited by tacolizard on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Unenforced Rule?

Post by Nilons » #301845

tacolizard wrote:Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
trouble is its an entire departments job to break that rule and its been well established that if they dont they lose
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #301853

If this is about security, they've always had a lot more leeway in recent times due to the nature of their job.

Considering security is one of the most unpopular roles currently, I think they should remain being allowed the benefit of the doubt.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #301854

That silicon policy should be gucking removed, I reminded butt blasted changelings that they aren't team antags all the time tho
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #301855

Bad thread
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #301857

Steelpoint wrote: Considering security is one of the most unpopular roles currently
(fifth)
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #301858

If this is about cult/rev/gang/cc then the only option is to proactively search and this is apparently the type of gameplay people want or else these modes would not be so fiercely defended
Last edited by captain sawrge on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #301859

Either way, I think policy wise sec is fine.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #301862

"without reasonable prior cause"

that's the key phrase here
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #301863

to explain the rule better perhaps, I made that rule during a time when certain players roamed maint with improvised stun and cuff gear, looking for people who seemed to be on their pda or organizing the start of a cult etc. The rule was there to cut down on roundstart and proactive cucking of antags who'd barely begun their round. There's no reasonable prior cause to be searching maint at roundstart for traitors.

if this is actually a thread about sec this is a silly thread. If reports of a cult summoning an actual eldritch god into existence popped up on an isolated space station in a setting where life is cheap and people can be cloned, were we a real 'high-rp''''''' server, we'd be '''''roleplaying'''''''''''' death camps all day during cult.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #301889

This doesn't appear to be about Security, as much as it is about Validhunters.
There are people who sign up as things other then Security then walk up and ask for guns/armor. Or generally gear themselves up to hunt Antags. Sometimes they will even stunprod and search people for gear. Or just jump people they suspect could be "valid". I remember when Cargo would continuously arm themselves with Combat Shotguns shift after shift and just unload onto anyone they find so much as smashing a window.

I mean, yeah. It's an issue. But if they don't do that stuff then we might have Murderboner #44576 On our hands. Which isn't any more interesting.

Conversion Gamemodes kind of require the crew proactively search as otherwise they run the risk of being converted or killed by the converted, however. As some use it as an excuse to kill everyone rather then get new converts, And nobody likes to sit in deadchat.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #302109

tacolizard wrote:also:

Purged silicons must not attempt to kill people without cause, but can get as violent as they feel necessary if being attacked, being besieged, or being harassed, as well as if meting out payback for events while shackled.
what makes you think we don't enforce this?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #302171

PKPenguin321 wrote:

Because I've seen silicons harm when purged, without reason, and then have admins say it's kosher.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #302176

tacolizard wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Because I've seen silicons harm when purged, without reason, and then have admins say it's kosher.
Either you weren't getting the full story (likely) or admins were wrong. In the second case it's an admin issue and not a policy one.
Spoiler:
tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #303519

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
Steelpoint wrote: Considering security is one of the most unpopular roles currently
(fifth)
That site is awesome! Can you add a way to see the odds of dying perjob/percentage of that job that die?
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #303523

(fifth)
>Detective dead last
This is a fake chart
Bring back papercult.

tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #303535

Am I correct in reading that assistants make up like 85% of deaths? kek
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #303640

tacolizard wrote:Am I correct in reading that assistants make up like 85% of deaths? kek
skewed since they're the most played job by far
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #306178

they still have the highest deaths-to-playtime ratio

Also bear in mind that popularity will be skewed downwards in jobs that have limited/unique slots, so even if detective fills up every shift it's still gonna be less "popular" than assistant
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #306183

What would those statistics look like if suicides weren't counted?