Admin events

Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Admin events

Post by Supermichael777 » #306454

Bottom post of the previous page:

Some things to consider:

Can this happen naturally? What would be expected of this situation and of players drawn in if this was a player driven situation? If it can not happen naturally- why can this not happen? Is their some reason that this is specifically prevented?

So recently a admin tc traded to make someone a antag beepsky. This was a very frustrating and disruptive experience for players in the round because player controlled beepsky is very powerful, arguably more powerful that any combination of 20 tc gear(the typical litmus test for about what a tc trade should be). I believe the above considerations were not properly made. Notably Beepsky can never be made player controlled without intervention, beepsky even if player controled would not be expected to act antagonistically. There is a legitimate FAIRNESS issue that goes beyond game balance into this is simply not a fun enemy to fight which is why it is specifically prevented. I interacted with it. It hid behind a cuffed person moved under then and then proceeded to stun cuff and space me along with at least 5 other victims.

Admin events are supposed to add spice while retaining the interest and interaction of players. The problem with this event is that it did the opposite, almost mathematically removing player interaction with the round in a way that actively HUNTED players down for removal. A hammy lose cannon beepsky could potentially have been a fun and funny sideshow for the round. The problem is that the context of the even was a tc trade. Murder was almost expected and thus it ate the whole round because an admin handed something very powerful to a player with almost no instruction and an objective that encouraged using that powers in a very unfun way.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Admin events

Post by Qbopper » #308980

yeah if you don't like an event don't stew on it or whatever let the admin know

a lot of the time we're just trying to make things fun and sometimes we fuck up

also holy shit it's policy now fuck yes time to griff players create enjoyable events
Limey wrote:its too late.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #308984

I can finally run trader shuttles that don't end as corpsewagons.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #308986

valid the validhunters
Limey wrote:its too late.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #308992

cedarbridge wrote:I can finally run trader shuttles that don't end as corpsewagons.
I may be an admin but i'm still very good at trader!
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #309001

PKPenguin321 wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:Admin Complaints for the extra retarded ones as usual?
Feel free to, but directly expressing how you disliked the event to the admin in question in OOC after the round might be better in a lot of cases. ESPECIALLY bad ones, sure.
Just sayin. I dont think I've ever made a single complaint. C'mon you guys love me I cause no trouble.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med