What CAN security get in trouble for these days?

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

What CAN security get in trouble for these days?

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306734

Bottom post of the previous page:

1) Literally do nothing except report crime early in the shift

2) Sec repeatedly and wordlessly stuns me as I stand still in maint

3) I bitch about it on radio and someone drags me away

4) Another officer chases me down and stuns me again, I shout "SEC HAS TURNED ON THE CREW! FIGHT BACK!"

5) Sec harmbatons me all the way to perma and then tosses me in a sealed cell

6) Get told its valid because I tried to incite a riot

At this point why even have a brig? Just give every officer a box full of lethal injection because they can apparently sprint around maint shooting anyone they like without saying anything and then kill me if they point out that I'm acting more like an antag than the actual fucking antags that round (this was actually true). No wonder posing as security as a ling is GODMODE - I dont' blame 99% of our players for not wanting to even touch a sec officer, even one with an armblade, when even sneezing in their direction is now grounds for taking you out of the round.

How about we start enforcing Rule 1 on Officers again? Or better yet can we get rid of "random arrests" under code blue. Someone slipped in the word change in a PR from "Probable" to "Random" searches under Code Blue and that timing has basically coincided with all of my worst encounters with security when security has the greenlight to fuck with a good 25% of your round for absolutely no reason, it leads to this sort of shitty policy where sec can take a big shit on your round for absolutely no reason but also take a nice permanent shit on your round if you so much as look at them funny.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: What CAN security get in trouble for these days?

Post by bandit » #309086

well this thread whiplashed from "WE SHOULD BAN SECURITY" to "WE SHOULD NOT BAN SECURITY" fast as fuck
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #309099

Or we could go back to the good old days of SoS, things were simpler then: arrest someone, if you get bwoinked they're innocent, let them go immediately; if you don't get bwoinked they're antag or otherwise valid, do what you want with them.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #309100

We've already been through this :roll:
Sligneris wrote:Oh yes, that man is so innocent, he dindu nuffin and is being crushed 4noraisin. It's not like captain has full authority to deal out such punishment or anything.
Sligneris wrote:Security that goes rogue for the sake of protecting greytiders might actually just be the worst.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #309101

That is exactly what happens, except players don't see admins finding out information or dealing with the various mitigating or escalating factors in an ahelp.

Admin coverage is its own problem but we've selected four new candidates recently and may select more. Historically, 4+ is a decent amount but also reaching the bounds of most suitable and willing people who can be found.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309105

Let's actually remove security and command. See how well that goes. :lol:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #309106

Theres murky line to remaining empathetic to newer players and realizing after several years that in a game of conflict you will always have threads like this pop up. Thats all
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309117

bandit wrote:well this thread whiplashed from "WE SHOULD BAN SECURITY" to "WE SHOULD NOT BAN SECURITY" fast as fuck
Well, to be fair, the actual question was "what can security get in trouble for these days?", and the answer to that is "going rogue on the captain".
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #309118

bandit wrote:well this thread whiplashed from "WE SHOULD BAN SECURITY" to "WE SHOULD NOT BAN SECURITY" fast as fuck
"We should ban security for acting psychotic" and "We should not ban security for stopping other members of security from acting psychotic" are entirely consistent positions
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #309121

The only solution I can think of is to set one server to enforceable 'medium RP' standards that everyone, antagonists and station crew, have to adhere to, and breaking the rules will get you banned from the server for a short time.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309122

"We should ban security for cracking down on greytide" and "We should not ban security for stopping other members of security from cracking down on greytide", more like :lol: Of course security is only being good bois in scenarios where they side with the greyshirts.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #309125

Steelpoint wrote:The only solution I can think of is to set one server to enforceable 'medium RP' standards that everyone, antagonists and station crew, have to adhere to, and breaking the rules will get you banned from the server for a short time.
Don't use the medium rp word please.

You can set precedents for punishments though. Having trespassing not mean death would be a good start.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309127

Steelpoint wrote:The only solution I can think of is to set one server to enforceable 'medium RP' standards that everyone, antagonists and station crew, have to adhere to, and breaking the rules will get you banned from the server for a short time.
"Medium RP standards" is incredibly vague and only makes me think what you really mean to say is something along the lines of "guys, just do it like CM does". Avoid that phrase, please.

CPTANT wrote:You can set precedents for punishments though. Having trespassing not mean death would be a good start.
We've already been through this one as well.
Sligneris wrote:> rushing the bridge as assistant
> only a 5 minute sentence
> 5 minutes later, they rush the bridge again, except now geared up to attack the captain because "escalation"

That's why space law is only a guideline, kids!
Sligneris wrote:Oh yes, I sure would like to see more players attempting to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason.
Sligneris wrote:It's funny, because they assume it's always only one person, rather than the usual of around three people, sometimes even six at its worst. Next they'll suggest it's feasible to arrest all these people simultaneously and then take them to the brig with no obstructions.
You still have yet to answer to any of that.

Pascal125 wrote:Thread's icky as shit and reminds me of the time this one Sybil regular started disarm spamming me. I asked them to stop, they did not. So i Tazed them.
Then their detective buddy rolls in. .38's and cuffs me. Then the Tider starts stealing all my gear. When i A-help the Admins like. "Well they said you tazed them.".

Literally just make killing/attacking/breaking into high-security area's as an Assistant/Security/Command without Antag status a bannable offense if you're so great.
See who winds up banned first. The Tiders or Security. And how many A-help's you'll have to dredge your way through from people like Robustin.

That's literally all this thread is amounting to right now.

Sad part is, at-least then something would get done. And things would go back to being less about "Minor Crime" and "Security detained me can i kill them and why shouldn't i when they Tazed me."
Reminder that this is the closest we got to an actual, specific, and actionable suggestion that isn't just "tell these meanies not to do thing I don't like :cry:", simply because it instructs all parties to knock it down a notch.
Last edited by Slignerd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #309131

Sligneris wrote:"We should ban security for cracking down on greytide" and "We should not ban security for stopping other members of security from cracking down on greytide", more like :lol: Of course security is only being good bois in scenarios where they side with the greyshirts.
More black and white thinking and useless posts of imagined strawman arguments.

I dont think a single person in this thread has said the captain shouldnt be allowed to arrest the assistant
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309132

Yes, but you did say he should then be let free with a slap on the wrist after 5 minutes. That usually means that after 5 minutes, you have to deal with the same guy again. At the time, you might be already preoccupied with another greyshirt and a clown, both of which got the same brilliant idea while you were busy processing the first one. That's even assuming no one interrupted you by pulling the first perp away and releasing them before you even managed to take them to the brig for processing, or that no one broke them out before the timer expired.

You know this happens, you just happen to be content with turning a blind eye to it. :?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #309134

Sligneris wrote:Yes, but you did say he should then be let free with a slap on the wrist after 5 minutes. That usually means that after 5 minutes, you have to deal with the same guy again. At the time, you might be already preoccupied with another greyshirt and a clown, both of which got the same brilliant idea while you were busy processing the first one. That's even assuming no one interrupted you by pulling the first perp away and releasing them before you even managed to take them to the brig for processing, or that no one broke them out before the timer expired.

You know this happens, you just happen to be content with turning a blind eye to it. :?
Holy shit just how much straw do you have.

*I must execute you for breaking this window, because after breaking this window you are sure to push me while I try to arrest you after which you will steal my tazer which you will use to taze the HoP and get all access while your greytide friends storm the brig with all access and steal the entire armory and shoot everyone trying to stop them.*

Remove brig and gulag, only sentence is death.

You could you know NOT punish someone for THINGS THEY HAVEN"T DONE.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309137

Breaking into the captain's office roundstart is usually the one thing they have done, and that's what they're being punished for. If they're not punished, or if you stop guarding the office while taking the perp to the brig, then others see it and jump on the bandwagon. Still wondering why you try to pretend the most crime ever happens is only a single guy breaking a single window throughout the entire round. :roll:
Last edited by Slignerd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #309140

"Literally just make killing/attacking/breaking into high-security area's as an Assistant/Security/Command without Antag status a bannable offense if you're so great.
See who winds up banned first. The Tiders or Security. And how many A-help's you'll have to dredge your way through from people like Robustin."

If you don't like that idea,
Here's another idea.

Temporarily prevent the Tiders whining in here from everything but Security. And if necessary, why don't we boycott Security, let the professionals in this thread handle it?
Assistants can continue to do whatever the fuck they want, as Assistants do anyways. and if the new-blood decides to act on it that isn't just a slap on the wrist over and over like they want to see from this thread; ban them for being shitsec.
In-fact, why don't you play Security. Kor. Show the boys how it's done? I'm sure they'll need it. Really am.

They get to try to be the change they want to see, in the department they want to see. And if they fail, they can at-least leave with the belief that their problem is being handled one by one, and they were part of it. What've they got to lose? It's not like they ever held a "job" beyond "Certified Vandal" "Serial Trespasser" and "VIVA" anyways.

Only issue is, how long will it take before Security is beyond understaffed. I wonder.

Hmm... On second thought, yeah. Let's actually remove Security. Since we all know that'd be the end result anyways, heck, and throw in Command too. See how well that goes. If Robustin Gangmode taught us anything, it's that it's a great idea. I dare you.

Let's become NoX! :D
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #309142

CPTANT raises an interesting point, there's no much difference escalation-wise between sec and a random crew member, except that civilians don't have a dedicated place to hold people. If a greyshirt gets pushed down by another guy, but manages to stun, cuff them and drag them around for 3 minutes, they can still be sure that the guy will try to start shit again as soon as he's uncuffed, only that this time they will go for lethal damage, and possibly spacing. This is why no civilian will ever waste time trying to detain an assailant even if they have access to stuns and cuffs, because you can already assume that even if you win, forcing them to stand still for a couple minutes won't make them relent.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #309146

Kor wrote:
Sligneris wrote:"We should ban security for cracking down on greytide" and "We should not ban security for stopping other members of security from cracking down on greytide", more like :lol: Of course security is only being good bois in scenarios where they side with the greyshirts.
More black and white thinking and useless posts of imagined strawman arguments.

I don't think a single person in this thread has said the captain should not be allowed to arrest the assistant
Not the captain's job to arrest assistants, so he should have called security if it was as minor as it's made out to be, however if he was properly in the bridge in a grey shirt, what did he expect to happen? That could damn well be a traitor with an ebow in his bag, Ive had it happen to me where roundstart I started putting new clothes on as captain and someone bumrushed in through the maint door and revolvered me, then impersonated me. He wanted a reaction and got one, if you wanna scare the shit out of the captain don't be surprised when he gets scared and fights back. It shouldn't be precedent that you get a guaranteed 3 ecks dees out of fucking with sec for the sake of fucking with sec, which is what I think most people get upset at. The central problem arising here is that so many people fuck with sec and get the axe because they only joined the round to try to make sec and the heads miserable that's it bleeding into people who did nothing of the sort. Sec players are getting jaded and too used to greytiders fishing for reactions, when a shitlaod of people are doing x to make you mad or to yell at them so they can complain when you kill them for doing it twice instead of three times, I can see why, but not condone, officers get so trigger happy. The officer tased the captain because a greytider begged him for a reaction of any kind and got one. I think that ban is fucking stupid and ironic that its pax, but that the captain was well within his right not to doorslam ANY greyshirt, but to door slam one that's explicitly trying to get him to respond in a negative or positive way while simultaneously potentially endangering him.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #309205

CPTANT wrote: You can set precedents for punishments though. Having trespassing not mean death would be a good start.
It generally doesn't mean death unless one or more conditions are met:
- Rule 1 Precedent 6 applies: Players who attempt to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason put themselves at risk for being legitimately killed by the captain, heads of staff, or security.
- Rule 1 Precedent 7 applies: You may defend your workplace from trespassers who damage or steal property within that space with significantly greater force than elsewhere. If someone is severely disruptive and returns after ejected, this opens them up to "fun" of the creative workplace death variety. <-- For non-security
- Obvious things like running into brig where heads are present while armed deep in a rev round etc.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309206

I'd say Rule 1 Precedent 7 generally does actually include security.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #309219

Sligneris wrote:I'd say Rule 1 Precedent 7 generally does actually include security.
Sorta? Just non/less lethal as security is generally expected to not go lethal due the tools available to them.

Armory is the exception, and in certain cases I guess it applies to the rest of the brig. Especially the less public areas like Warden's Office, sec office and locker room.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #309230

I've been playing security more lately to see if I've somehow lost touch.

I'm still waiting for this mythical greytide to show up, a supernatural force that can only be stopped by summary executions and gulag sentences for minor crimes.

Or maybe, just maybe, we need to have security chill with taking people out of the round.

I've only had to deal out one punishment harsher than a 6m brig sentence in the last 10 rounds and that was when I quietly murdered a revhead in maint after the AI couldn't figure out how to teleport them to the Gulag. I had countless opportunities to kill antags and non-antags alike (bonus points to the admin who whispered, unsolicited, in my head that a non-antag I had arrested was extremely valid) and yet somehow I got through all the rounds just fine.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309234

I mean, it's not a surprise assistant griefing isn't as severe when you don't play as one of the assistants.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #309286

Kor wrote:
"We should ban security for acting psychotic" and "We should not ban security for stopping other members of security from acting psychotic" are entirely consistent positions
Important post please read
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #309300

i amn ot noyl drunk butr faitrly suck at th emoment.

lets end this thread

dronk the bommb

robustin is a liying little shit abotut his finctional escapades agisnt the good officers ogf the securityn team

sec gets aytawy with evertyithng and anything becaus we dont statrr shit fnr. we react to shit.

becaus e we react, it s not oru fautl. we did it in selkf defense. we never first used our weapons. everyithign was secondary.

if uyou feel you are getting mmistreded by sec. you fushould hancnge your ic name already. nobody wants to implant or relesae shits lioke robustin when tyh3ey commit "minor ic clinme". im gon a say it here. fuck robustin. arresting him and brigging fior 5 mins feels liek he is gonna stunprod killl me wikrth escaltion later.

witout me , ur rounds are finioshed. they are murderbone lings and traitosrs fuk you up.
no hmamter how badly i grtreat you, i am the reson roujdns are better.

i am thelaw
i ma hydge
jhury
executinoner.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #309304

J_Madison wrote:i amn ot noyl drunk butr faitrly suck at th emoment.

lets end this thread

dronk the bommb

robustin is a liying little shit abotut his finctional escapades agisnt the good officers ogf the securityn team

sec gets aytawy with evertyithng and anything becaus we dont statrr shit fnr. we react to shit.

becaus e we react, it s not oru fautl. we did it in selkf defense. we never first used our weapons. everyithign was secondary.

if uyou feel you are getting mmistreded by sec. you fushould hancnge your ic name already. nobody wants to implant or relesae shits lioke robustin when tyh3ey commit "minor ic clinme". im gon a say it here. fuck robustin. arresting him and brigging fior 5 mins feels liek he is gonna stunprod killl me wikrth escaltion later.

witout me , ur rounds are finioshed. they are murderbone lings and traitosrs fuk you up.

i am thelaw
i ma hydge
jhury
executinoner.
water, sleep.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #309311

Armhulen wrote:

lets end this thread

dronk the bommb

i am thelaw
i ma hydge
jhury
executinoner.
water, sleep.
wAtEr SlEeP

i slpilled the wiskey.
Last edited by J_Madison on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #309312

Hut post haste please
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #309314

lets end this thread

dronk the bommb

i am thelaw
i ma hydge
jhury
executinoner.
I'm printing this and getting it framed.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #309319

tfw you're not only drunk but you're also suck
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #309322

you go get em jmad dont let anyone tell you you cant
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #309325

nigga did you just fake drunk on a forum
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #309328

danno wrote:nigga did you just fake drunk on a forum
I don't think hes fake drunk
Signature Memes

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #309332

he misspelled every word but still managed to make completely coherent full sentences without any actual errors
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #309346

danno wrote:nigga did you just fake drunk on a forum
we all do this
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #309353

Interesting that security isnt immune to escalation rules. Security's entire job is to handle workplace disputes via brigging. Brigging should be the IC resolution to the issue. you got caught and now you lost, drop the subject.

However with modern escalation rules, security doing their job and trying to end workplace disputes just opens them up to being assaulted even more because "muh escalation"

it is no wonder security just murders troublemakers now if they literally have a get out of bans free card to assault or murder sec after being brigged.

seriously, make getting brigged the OOC end of a conflict, if they come back and fuck with you after that, let them be able to be adminhelped for punishment as well as making them open to being perma'd or killed.

remove the incentive to fuck with sec after the brigging and you remove part of the incentive for security to just straight up murder someone.

This would also open up shitsec to punishment as well, if they went straight to murder without at least attempting to de-escalate via brigging.

seriously, we need some sort of fucking way to "de-escalate." Right now all conflict HAS to end in murder because of greytiding shits using it as an excuse to get their valids.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #309356

Dr_bee wrote:
seriously, we need some sort of fucking way to "de-escalate." Right now all conflict HAS to end in murder because of greytiding shits using it as an excuse to get their valids.
my descalation is implants, tracking, and/or with 50u chloral.

thats the only formm of desclation because its a promise of worse to come and a a declaration to behamme

behave or be killed, behave for i am able to watch you every step you take every move you make, behave for i can ltierally teleport upoin you.

this does strides in providing insurance and incenties to behave and desclation but it clearly shows signs of player flaw when a good third of my implantees activate the implant to sucide, or try to remmove the implant.

because they cant commmmit to the insurance and the descaltion. they want to escalte but they cant because of the implant ensureing they cant
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #309362

The NTR Times

LOCAL SEC PLAYER GOES COMPLETELY INSANE
Article by Cue B. Hopper

Jay Madison, a regular forum user and security main, was found dead in the FNR forums due to alleged alcohol poisoning. Madison's last post was an incoherent rant about security and how they treat players in game. He claimed to be "i amn ot noyl drunk butr faitrly suck at th emoment"[sic].

Forensic inspector Dan Noh went on record, saying that he believed "[Madison] just fake drunk on a forum"[sic]. Mr. Noh believed that the strange rambling was, despite the numerous errors, a completely understandable post.

Police Captain Saw Rgeuh was unimpressed with the forensic team's findings, and released a statement claiming that "we all [post pretending to be drunk]".

Of note is the fact that not only two hours later, another post was made from Madison's account, completely legible. Police are investigating whether or not foul play is involved, as someone may have retrieved access to the deceased Madison's account.
Limey wrote:its too late.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #309369

JMad, you deserve a good rest. Go to sleep, buddy.
Dr_bee wrote:seriously, make getting brigged the OOC end of a conflict, if they come back and fuck with you after that, let them be able to be adminhelped for punishment as well as making them open to being perma'd or killed.
That one sounds like a pretty good idea actually - if you get brigged as non-antag, you stop causing trouble. That way security can actually rely on brigging as sufficient punishment and whoever got brigged gets to stay alive and get on with their round.
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #309370

Dr_bee wrote:Interesting that security isnt immune to escalation rules. Security's entire job is to handle workplace disputes via brigging. Brigging should be the IC resolution to the issue. you got caught and now you lost, drop the subject.

However with modern escalation rules, security doing their job and trying to end workplace disputes just opens them up to being assaulted even more because "muh escalation"

it is no wonder security just murders troublemakers now if they literally have a get out of bans free card to assault or murder sec after being brigged.

seriously, make getting brigged the OOC end of a conflict, if they come back and fuck with you after that, let them be able to be adminhelped for punishment as well as making them open to being perma'd or killed.

remove the incentive to fuck with sec after the brigging and you remove part of the incentive for security to just straight up murder someone.

This would also open up shitsec to punishment as well, if they went straight to murder without at least attempting to de-escalate via brigging.

This is literally all that needed to be said. And if i wasn't too busy getting aneurysms from the stupid replies in this thread causing me to meme out I'd have said it myself.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #309372

while we're on the subject of sec.

I absolutely hate people that want to play sec but not have the accountability of being sec and not being antag

im looking at you, lawyers, hops, ect.

sure there's some legitimate players that want to fill sec roles, but why do people do this glory seeking?

they want to be sec, they want to brag about being robust, beating antags, and having that badge that says they played sec.

but they don't want any of the fefort and responsibility of being sec. they want to be antag. they want to be immune to ahelps in somme way.

hteres people that misrepresent the name of sec and play it both ways. you want to have the gun, the badge, the respect, the rank, and most importantly the valour.

but you won't go through the process. you want to pick and choose.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #309414

j_mad have you considered you are a bit too attached to a made-up occupation on an imaginary space station
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #309422

bandit wrote:j_mad have you considered you are a bit too attached to a made-up occupation on an imaginary space station
I mean, to be fair. Quite a few people are a bit too attached to having no occupation on an imaginary space station.
Larissa Mayrink
Byond Username: LariLaranja

Post by Larissa Mayrink » #309429

Dr_bee wrote:seriously, make getting brigged the OOC end of a conflict, if they come back and fuck with you after that, let them be able to be adminhelped for punishment as well as making them open to being perma'd or killed.
Looks more than enough to fix most problems we've discussed. Also, someone make hardcurity happen
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #309435

seriously, make getting brigged the OOC end of a conflict
It is already is though. You're not allowed to "escalate" based off security punishing you for crime.

Can someone actually provide logs of a time within the last year of admins saying "well you brigged this guy so he can kill you"? I have not seen this since Stickymayhem quit, I'm not sure where people are getting this idea.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #309442

Well there was the officer who was banned for defending himself against Pax who was trying to kill him because he got perma'd as non-antag (the officer went back to perma to free Pax because an admin ordered him to). I don't know how long ago it was, however, Pax is admin now, so we can assume this is his stance on "unlawful" brigging.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #309449

Kor wrote:
seriously, make getting brigged the OOC end of a conflict
It is already is though. You're not allowed to "escalate" based off security punishing you for crime.
I dont think I was clear enough. Getting brigged should stop ALL escalation, even between two non-security people.

It would make calling security a decent way to stop "escalation" killbaiting. You call security and they come handle it, they make a ruling, and the person ruled against cant use the previous interaction as an excuse to murder anymore.

"Escalation" as far as my limited view is concerned, has done nothing but make people feel adminhelping isnt worth it. I have also heard comments that people do not typically adminhelp as much as they used to. I dont know what is causing the trend, but it looks to me like it is this escalation RP meme.
Segmented
Byond Username: SegmentedOdin

Post by Segmented » #309463

Despite the meme-ness of this thread, this is an important conversation to have. Security can be incredibly overbearing, and often justify it with cries of "it's the only way to win!" Well maybe sometimes you don't get to win. Denying people their greentext is an unhealthy obsession that the server seems to have. Sometimes the antags win, and if you being polite lead to that then that is no reason to turn into Super Hitler. I used to actually respect and comply with Security until I had a fateful encounter during a rev round. Was just minding my own business as a Cargo Tech, hunting for boxes in the maintenance tunnels for points, heard some whispers of Revs but Cargo wasn't a hotspot so I ignored it. Wandered near the Security Maintenance area, got tased, thrown in perma, begged to know what was going on/why I was in jail, then summarily thrown out of the airlock to suffocate. Ahelped it and the admins told me that it was valid because it was a Rev round and nothing happened.

Maybe, just maybe, standards need to be enforced. If you have Holy Water, killing a Cultist is beyond reasonable escalation levels because you couldn't be assed to bucklecuff them for two minutes. If you are bwoinked after killing a non-rev and your excuse is "It was revs", maybe the admins need to tell you that sometimes you will lose, but that doesn't give you the excuse to be a dick.

Though maybe we could exempt Oldman Robustin.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #309474

bandit wrote:j_mad have you considered you are a bit too attached to a made-up occupation on an imaginary space station
what, i cant defend my job and playstyle on a game i enjoy?

talk about taking a game too seriously you have people here that suicide because their snowflake character doesn't get greentext, entire metagroups that do nothing but metagame and erp every round.

ok, discount the fact that I'm a big stakeholder in the server and it's in my interest to ensure tg is headed in a way I agree with.

you have robustin a compulsive liar talking about how he's mistreated when you have legit sec players getting falsely banned.

I mean if I was a rolling stone and I could jump from one server to another like a lot of players and admins here, it's no big deal. but I'm not a rolling stone and I hold a stake in the server.

Sligneris wrote:JMad, you deserve a good rest. Go to sleep, buddy.
man my head was hurting all night. today is a brand new day.
Last edited by J_Madison on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #309476

I don't think conversion modes are a good example of bad sec because they are clusterfuck TDM modes, and you usually have non-converted imperfect players messing with security during these rounds as well.