Make Early Launching without cause a headban again

Post by Anonmare » #311318

See title.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Make Early Launching without cause a headban again

Post by Qbopper » #311320

depends on how long the ban would be, I'm assuming it would scale with number of offenses?

seems reasonable to me, though
Limey wrote:its too late.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #311324

Shuttle is basically always early launched nowadays......
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #311326

CPTANT wrote:Shuttle is basically always early launched nowadays......
seems like the perfect reason to have the rule in place
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #311330

Given how people seem to act nowadays, it probably needs to be bannable to call the shuttle the first time without even attempting to give a justifiable reason for it. At this point it seems like the heads are chomping at the bit to call it.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #311340

When I'm on and people do this, I usually subtle message them an ask them if it really warrants it. If they keep it up and it actually does early launch, I always investigate to see if it was a legitimate early launch.

I've given people notes for this before. It's a pet peeve.

I don't think it should be bannable on first offense. Sometimes you feel more threatened than you are, and being an admin, I see a lot of things the players don't (and can potentially say 'that wasn't really dangerous' when the player thought it was). I've bwoinked people with the intent of chewing them out before and they've given me an incredibly rational reason to early launch.

But the majority of people who early launch do it because someone else did it first and they were jumping on the bandwagon, assuming that the person who did it first knew something they didn't.

There might be a code solution to this but I don't know what it is yet. Maybe something like the recent shuttle call change that allows Centcomm to cancel/recall the shuttle if an invalid reason is given.

Making a blanket policy to ban people because they early launch isn't going to work.

Edit: To clarify, I hate it when people early launch without cause, but blanketing it all the way up to headban isn't going to fix the behavior, in my opinion.
Last edited by feem on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #311342

Professor Hangar wrote:Given how people seem to act nowadays, it probably needs to be bannable to call the shuttle the first time without even attempting to give a justifiable reason for it. At this point it seems like the heads are chomping at the bit to call it.
there was a PR over that/some discussion but I don't think anything came out of it
feem wrote:When I'm on and people do this, I usually subtle message them an ask them if it really warrants it. If they keep it up and it actually does early launch, I always investigate to see if it was a legitimate early launch.

I've given people notes for this before. It's a pet peeve.

I don't think it should be bannable on first call. Sometimes you feel more threatened than you are, and being an admin, I see a lot of things the players don't. I've bwoinked people with the intent of chewing them out before and they've given me an incredibly rational reason to early call.

But the majority of people who early call do it because someone else did it first and they were jumping on the bandwagon, assuming that the person who did it first knew something they didn't.

There might be a code solution to this but I don't know what it is yet. Maybe something like the recent shuttle call change that allows Centcomm to cancel/recall the shuttle if an invalid reason is given.

Making a blanket policy to ban people because they early launch isn't going to work.
I'm not sure if you just changed what you were talking about but this thread is (to my understanding) about early launching, where you authorize on the shuttle, and not calling it early
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #311343

yeah i accidentally wrote 'early call' instead of 'early launch,' fixed
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311347

To clarify, I mean without a legitimate reason. I've seen people early launch because, and I quote, "It only fucks over antags so why wouldn't you?"
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #311373

Please this.

It makes me so fucking mad whenever I see "it's time to go" or "we've been here like an hour" as the shuttle reason

Just make engineers do their fucking job and fix the station
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #311380

It already is