Buying terrible shuttles

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Buying terrible shuttles

Post by Dax Dupont » #313072

Some shuttles will lead to certain death and should probably only be bought as 1. an antag or 2. make you valid as shit because:

1. People who dindu nuffin will die
2. Antags might die even after being stealthy and being denied their red text because lol le epic shuttle
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Buying terrible shuttles

Post by D&B » #313074

Situational Awareness is a thing
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
mcrideinspace
Byond Username: Mcrideinspace

Post by mcrideinspace » #313084

but they are funny
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #313088

I kind of wish people RPed more with this, like, you can only get the normal shuttle if you have X amount of cargo credits at the time of calling, and if not, you get bare bones or worse. Force cargo to not be shit, or for people to get credits via other means. But that would be incredibly controversial.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #313091

bandit wrote:I kind of wish people RPed more with this, like, you can only get the normal shuttle if you have X amount of cargo credits at the time of calling, and if not, you get bare bones or worse. Force cargo to not be shit, or for people to get credits via other means. But that would be incredibly controversial.
I'm picturing a mad-scramble at round end to ship as much shit as possible once everyone realizes they can't afford a survivable shuttle.

Actually yeah, fund this.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #313103

>sit in escape
>blue circles start appearing under me
>don't take the hint and leave
>die

mods??
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #313123

danno wrote:>sit in escape
>die

mods??
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #313126

If you mean ones that are small and likely to be chaotic take a pod if it bothers you, you have a large amount of time between the shuttle being purchased and the shuttle launching to plan around it.
danno

Post by danno » #313139

You people have to realize that you have some control over what the fuck happens to you in this game and can make conscious decisions to avoid situations which will obviously be dangerous for you, such as these
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #313148

Kor wrote:
>die

mods??
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #313151

Thou can't even BUY shuttles any more
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #313158

bandit wrote:I kind of wish people RPed more with this, like, you can only get the normal shuttle if you have X amount of cargo credits at the time of calling, and if not, you get bare bones or worse. Force cargo to not be shit, or for people to get credits via other means. But that would be incredibly controversial.
yo holy shit pr this or something
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #313180

kevinz000 wrote:
Kor wrote:
>die

mods??
This only applies to the meteor shuttle, the others are annoying and antagish not because they are big and live outside the normal docking area but because they're poorly constructed or have weird requirements to enter them, just repeating the same quote over and over again when it only applies to 1/4 of the argument makes you look dumb
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #313182

See my second post about "go to one of the 4 escape pods which can fit unlimited people" then. The gamer revolves around a random series of things going wrong each round, and as far as adversity goes, this is pretty easily mitigated/avoided
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #313184

If its a major issue considering allowing Centcom/Admins to send the Centcom Ship as a second evacuation ship, while tying it to the same three minutes/two minute timers.

I feel fine with the current system for the most part. I think the crew should be more vocal if they disagree with a ship purchase. Maybe a timer or a two card authorisation should be added if the Captain tries to buy a very disruptive ship like the meteor one, to either give the crew some time to protest (timer) or that not just one man can buy the most disruptive ship (authorisation)
danno

Post by danno » #313236

Any time I've fallen victim to a non-default shuttle it's either been
a) I was not paying attention and the meteor slammed me (my fault)
or
b) I was too lazy/didn't care enough to go to a pod instead and boarded the shuttle knowing full well that my chances of survival had just significantly dropped

I'm a fucking moron apparently, so if I can figure this shit out surely the rest of you can
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #313265

The meteor ship ends up with no air or pressure doesn't it?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #313273

I thought this feature was disabled. Was it finally brought back???
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #313274

The issue with custom shuttles was fixed so yeah the feature is back in.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #313276

Lazengann wrote:The meteor ship ends up with no air or pressure doesn't it?
From my experience it doesn't, unless you smash one of the windows or something.
metacide
Byond Username: Metacide

Post by metacide » #313284

On the offchance the boob who buys an asteroid shuttle survives to depart on it, if they got someone killed in the process then they're totally legit for a good lynching.

At the very least cuff them loot them and leave them hogtied to a pipe in some god-forsaken part of maintenance. Hell it's probably good form to do this to anyone who buys a shitshuttle as soon as they buy it.

Still think it's a fun feature though.
MetaStation is currently running by vote or by default on both Sibyl and Basil
Feedback and suggestions are welcome in the MetaStation thread
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #313519

danno wrote:Any time I've fallen victim to a non-default shuttle it's either been
or
b) I was too lazy/didn't care enough to go to a pod instead and boarded the shuttle knowing full well that my chances of survival had just significantly dropped

I'm a fucking moron apparently, so if I can figure this shit out surely the rest of you can
It's not so much the meteor, it's like the one room shuttles and the ones with weird requirements for entering. People can buy shuttles at or near roundstart while people won't know which shuttle is ordered till it comes if it gets ordered before they join 20-30 minutes in.

Then trying to get to the escape pods at the other side of the station while people are early launching and what not is impossible or aggravating as fuck. There's only two pods for non-sec/non-engineering.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #313540

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
danno wrote:Any time I've fallen victim to a non-default shuttle it's either been
or

It's not so much the meteor, it's like the one room shuttles and the ones with weird requirements for entering. People can buy shuttles at or near roundstart while people won't know which shuttle is ordered till it comes if it gets ordered before they join 20-30 minutes in.

Then trying to get to the escape pods at the other side of the station while people are early launching and what not is impossible or aggravating as fuck. There's only two pods for non-sec/non-engineering.
S T A T U S - T A B
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #313547

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
or

S T A T U S - T A B
pretty sure it says it on the status displays' description on examination now rather than the status tab
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #313548

Kraso wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
or

S T A T U S - T A B
pretty sure it says it on the status displays' description on examination now rather than the status tab
You are correct.

Regardless, there is a very easy way to discern what shuttle is going to come should you have missed the message.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #313569

huh I didn't know it had that, disregard this then.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #313881

Let the terrible shuttles stay, rules of nature will sort the rest out.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #313953

srifenbyxp wrote:Let the terrible shuttles stay, rules of nature will sort the rest out.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #313973

"git gud" comments aside, if you order the "pile of shit" shuttle as captain for literally no reason i wouldn't bat an eye if somebody lynched you
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #314250

Terrible shuttles are really annoying to hijack

Asteroid is the absolute worst offender, I have never seen anyone hijack that short of literally murdering everyone on the station
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #314289

They're fun and at max you're out of the round for 3 minutes if you play ss13 with your eyes closed.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #314302

I'll be honest, as an admin I'd consider buying deadly / anti-crew shuttles pretty good grounds for the crew to mutiny if they get mad about it.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕