Chaplain accountability

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Chaplain accountability

Post by J_Madison » #318129

Bottom post of the previous page:

I am not happy about some Chaplains having little to no accountability recently and using cult/clock as an excuse to grief as a pseudo-protagonist.

I am also not happy about the complete lack of quality and accountability of Chaplains that have managed to suicide or get themselves arrested and in bad standing with sec during cult rounds.

Chaplain relics are also vitally important, yet they're frequently no-drop or not shared.

For such a vital job, there is zero accountability to it. And it is a unique job so brigging or executing them is often out of the picture.

Is there any way to enforce Chaplains better?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Chaplain accountability

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318789

We had this conversation a while ago but just killing the cultist is always on the table and is very effective
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #318802

Chaplains should not be magic shitcurity for the same reasons we have policy & rule protections against security abuse, most of the time incentivising the chaplain to fight rather than support will lead to swiftly losing the round by the chaplain getting killed and otherwise swarmed & sacced/spaced. Cult modes are highly accusatory conversion antagonists, where the only way to really confirm is to find paraphernalia or actively tie you up and force feed you holy water, which by that point the chaplain has already crossed over the lines to basically kidnap & strip you with them at their mercy.

Talking on design problem, coders feed into this by giving chaplain weapons gimmicks when essentially in its rawest form the null rod is a baseline self protection weapon rather than anything offensive.

Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #318807

Wyzack wrote:Here is an idea

Remove both cults because they are shitty and unfun, the players voted them as the least favorite game modes and their very existence makes the rest of the game worse by forcing stupid wide-impacting design decisions.
i posted in the hut about this - arm pointed out that literally every time I log in and he's on I get fucked by the no fun griff cult when I try to do something interesting and it's killing my enjoyment of the game, I genuinely don't want to bother doing interesting things anymore because there's a good chance I'll just get converted anyways - with a traitor you can have some interesting interactions that aren't "haha u ded" but conversion modes are probably the #1 killer of "rp"

this is horribly off topic please don't reply to that point before this thread explodes
Kor wrote:Having a civillian player who is expected to doodle with crayons on the floor in 8/10 round types and in fact will catch shit from security/admins for "validhunting" and then having that player be round critical with important mechanics hard locked behind them being a cooperative "validhunter" is a design problem more than an individual player problem I think.
I was going to post this - maybe there's a problem with cult when the gamemode heavily relies on what would otherwise be considered a joke role
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #318856

Or you could just kill them. Cultists can't ressurect, worse they can do is spam ghosts at you but even then that's not very effective.

Spoiler:
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #318858

This isn't related to the thread subject exactly but I'm with Qbopper, one round about six of us decided to build a new station on lavaland to avoid cult shenanigans, we stocked up on supplies and were having fun roleplay until I got converted and was obligated by the rules to walk to the AI sat and watch youtube videos while standing in a 3x3 square for the rest of the round
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #318861

Qbopper wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Here is an idea

Remove both cults because they are shitty and unfun, the players voted them as the least favorite game modes and their very existence makes the rest of the game worse by forcing stupid wide-impacting design decisions.
i posted in the hut about this - arm pointed out that literally every time I log in and he's on I get fucked by the no fun griff cult when I try to do something interesting and it's killing my enjoyment of the game, I genuinely don't want to bother doing interesting things anymore because there's a good chance I'll just get converted anyways - with a traitor you can have some interesting interactions that aren't "haha u ded" but conversion modes are probably the #1 killer of "rp"

this is horribly off topic please don't reply to that point before this thread explodes
I've spoken to several people who stopped playing because of conversion modes, and more specifically cult happening what felt like every other round.

I took a month break myself because I was sick of those modes popping up seemingly every time I logged in.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #318868

Is Joan adding another cult round with its own problems (remembering all the grudge coding drama versus hulks etc specifically because of random things making Joan lose the round) a root cause of making it worse?

WJohnston has a sincere interest in xenos which often garners mixed opinions as per another unnessecary and inflammatory conversion antagonist being inserted into the round, and if all the development goes into fixing clockcult which to this day seems to be largely unorganized IC'ly & endlessly fiddled with in github, as we've seen firsthand development into making our existing bloodcult mode better and as good as it can be is considerably slowed.

Gang is just a more formalised version of revolutionaries and we already have two types (one that doesn't even work properly)

Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #318873

If we're going to go off topic I might as well add:
Conversion modes are action packed.
Action packed is atleast a moderate part of tg.
This means they're fun in MODERATION.
One, two rounds in 8 hours? Acceptable. (3 is definitely stretching it.)
8 hours of conversion? You get a bunch of players sick of the same stuff.
Point is, they happen too much to be fun.
If I wanted tdm 24/7 there's Colonial Marines.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318879

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Or you could just kill them. Cultists can't ressurect, worse they can do is spam ghosts at you but even then that's not very effective.
no
i cant greentext
i'm not here to ruin other people's rounds because they get caught in the crossfire
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Is Joan adding another cult round with its own problems (remembering all the grudge coding drama versus hulks etc specifically because of random things making Joan lose the round) a root cause of making it worse?

WJohnston has a sincere interest in xenos which often garners mixed opinions as per another unnessecary and inflammatory conversion antagonist being inserted into the round, and if all the development goes into fixing clockcult which to this day seems to be largely unorganized IC'ly & endlessly fiddled with in github, as we've seen firsthand development into making our existing bloodcult mode better and as good as it can be is considerably slowed.

Gang is just a more formalised version of revolutionaries and we already have two types (one that doesn't even work properly)
clock cult is far more balanced and reasonable than bloodcult. there's plans to remove bloodcult.
kevinz000 wrote:If we're going to go off topic I might as well add:
it either gones one of 3 ways;
conversion stomps sec
sec stomps conversion
long round shuttle called conversion doesnt win
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #318881

Not with how irresponsibly joan has in the past tried to "balance" the mode by literally grude removing other game features in a petty manner. Both modes might not be good and as soon as Joan is out of the project as per a long term projection it'll end up just like bloodcult without token coder to flagship & generally care for it

Spoiler:
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #318884

Who made that one clock construct deal damage just by ramming and decided it was fair and balanced
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #318885

why does JMad keep saying that his ultimate goal is to not ruin people's rounds yet all I see from him is ruining people's rounds
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #318899

NikNakFlak wrote:why does JMad keep saying that his ultimate goal is to not ruin people's rounds yet all I see from him is ruining people's rounds
Projection

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #318908

We could make anybody able to bless holy water as long as they have a bible. Perhaps for balancing there's a small chance of success for a non-holy person with a failure doing some sort of damage, like brute/burn/brain or whatever.
Sec can print off bibles from the computer in the permabrig, as well as the library and there's one or two in the chapel itself, in addition to the ones the chaplains spawn with.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #318909

I remember in vg you were able to bless water if you had the chaplain job title.

I'm guessing it would be better than just being able to print Bibbles
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #318917

Kor wrote:I've spoken to several people who stopped playing because of conversion modes, and more specifically cult happening what felt like every other round.

I took a month break myself because I was sick of those modes popping up seemingly every time I logged in.
Jesus Christ this.
99% of rounds I either observe or hope someone makes drones because I don't want it to turn out to be a revolution or a blood/clock/gun cult round and someone runs up to me with a flash/paper/pen then suddenly I'm obligated to drop whatever gimmick or character I had in mind to commit to completing the goal.
If I wanted to put up with being forced to work with a bunch of assholes in 45-60 minute sessions or risk being banned I'd just go play fucking dota.

The inverse applies to the topic at hand. Making it a ruling for the chaplain to do everything in their power to fight the cult/wizard/whatever is the same problem but flipped around to the other side.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318949

Kor wrote:I've spoken to several people who stopped playing because of conversion modes, and more specifically cult happening what felt like every other round.

I stopped playing at several points because traitor, 50% of our round rolls, was getting seriously fucking tedious. If you're constantly exposed to the same rounds they start getting boring and formulaic, this happens to every round type, and isn't somehow unique to conversion modes.

You know what would happen if you got what you wanted and we we went to just traitor? You'd get bored with that too, likely even faster.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #318950

Traitor is the game mode I don't tire of
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #318968

I'm not open to enforcing a policy of treating chaplain like security at this time. Don't know about the other headmins. Feel free to bicker here since it's possible the other headmins might disagree with me, but if either agrees no action will be taken on this.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #318971

Lazengann wrote:Traitor is the game mode I don't tire of
It's good, but if you roll a bad job or don't have a fun gimmick to run it's terribly boring for all involved.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #318988

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Kor wrote:I stopped playing at several points because traitor, 50% of our round rolls, was getting seriously fucking tedious. If you're constantly exposed to the same rounds they start getting boring and formulaic, this happens to every round type, and isn't somehow unique to conversion modes.

You know what would happen if you got what you wanted and we we went to just traitor? You'd get bored with that too, likely even faster.
Nope, because in any of those other modes I'm free to do what I want without suddenly getting a rule-enforced obligation to KILL DA HEDZ/SUMMON THE GODZ/DOM. There's this thing called roleplaying that can make almost any situation entertaining, something that can't really be done as a convert team antag without being bwoinked for abandoning your team because you stopped to go do whatever instead of scribbling runes or turning other spacemen horizontal.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #318991

Yeah well if you want to self cantered focus on your round, then don't intervene in the round when antags are around.

Seems like a double standard to not want to assist team antag on conversion but it's fine to be a dick to them, sabotage them, and assist in their doom.

We're getting off topic.

Cult needs more ways to deconvert if the admins aren't willing to solve the player problem.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #318992

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Or you could just kill them. Cultists can't ressurect, worse they can do is spam ghosts at you but even then that's not very effective.
It will always be the preferred method by players, and as such cult mode conversions without rev esque ways to hit people so hard they forget they were rev's might end up unviable without a chaplain for a soft descalation.

As opposed to a chaplain whipping out the most metagame null rod type and beating cultists to death.

Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #318993

Well it's not limited to team antags, there is an established server culture that if you're not following the most efficient and effective way to do something, you're a newb and a dead weight to the team. You can easily experience this by playing scientist and taking slightly longer to do rnd and watch as miners start to break in to do it themselves, or play a head of staff and enjoy being second-guessed by your underlings.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319001

R&D is just a flowchart how do you fuck it up
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #319002

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
It will always be the preferred method by players, and as such cult mode conversions without rev esque ways to hit people so hard they forget they were rev's might end up unviable without a chaplain for a soft descalation.

As opposed to a chaplain whipping out the most metagame null rod type and beating cultists to death.
Quoting yourself and being this wrong.

There is literally a rune called Resurrect Cultist.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #319004

Grazyn wrote:Well it's not limited to team antags, there is an established server culture that if you're not following the most efficient and effective way to do something, you're a newb and a dead weight to the team. You can easily experience this by playing scientist and taking slightly longer to do rnd and watch as miners start to break in to do it themselves, or play a head of staff and enjoy being second-guessed by your underlings.
Maybe because people are only expected to play heads if they're extremely knowledgeable in their field?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #319015

yo don't bwoink me when I massacre two departments worth of staff and begin spacing anyone in maint or in hallways.

I used the comms console to centcomm and asked for Paranormal Response teams to back me up, not my job to deconvert without a chaplain.

Next time assist in sending a way for me to stomp cult, and deconvert. Or I'll send up stomping cult and everyone.

That's the attitude being promoted here. I just want a fair and sportsmanlike shift.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #319018

D&B wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Well it's not limited to team antags, there is an established server culture that if you're not following the most efficient and effective way to do something, you're a newb and a dead weight to the team. You can easily experience this by playing scientist and taking slightly longer to do rnd and watch as miners start to break in to do it themselves, or play a head of staff and enjoy being second-guessed by your underlings.
Maybe because people are only expected to play heads if they're extremely knowledgeable in their field?
Doesn't matter if you're knowledgeable, there's always going to be that one salty guy who lost the head slot roll and makes it up by second guessing their boss and nitpicking every single thing. And yes rnd is a flowchart (even though everyone seems to have his own "perfect" flow and you also have to keep up to date with the newest items) my point is that it only takes you one step off the flow to be shoved aside by a miner or another scientist. E.g. being scolded by a fellow scientist because you "messed up his flow" by deconstructing a few items and raising a couple tech levels while he was away from the room.

/tg/ is probably the most competitive ss13 server and it shows in every player interaction, antag or not. The only difference is that team antags are usually honed and fixed by coders to the point of being almost foolproof, and you have to be utterly incompetent to fuck the whole team up on you own. Nuke ops are a great example, I rememebr coders even lowered jetpack speed at some point to make it harder for them to lose each other in space, they have syndicate pins so that the crew can't use the guns if they drop them and so on.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #319019

Lazengann wrote:R&D is just a flowchart how do you fuck it up
the fact that you equate "taking slightly longer" with "fucking it up" really proves my point
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #319029

J_Madison wrote:That's the attitude being promoted here. I just want a fair and sportsmanlike shift.
Antags wont have to slow down or be sportsmanlike at all really without strict policy. This motivates people to play the same way in return.

Spoiler:
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #319037

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
J_Madison wrote:That's the attitude being promoted here. I just want a fair and sportsmanlike shift.
Antags wont have to slow down or be sportsmanlike at all really without strict policy. This motivates people to play the same way in return.
Yeah well be the change you want to be. People have been far more sparing and honourable since I've pushed for sportsmanship as a HOS.

I use ego and pride down to demoralise and weaken people because at the end of the day, they're still human and many of them just want to play the round.

All it takes is one person to set the example and trust, and another to honour their trust and values and the shift becomes more fun for everyone.

Anyway with team antag, restrictions on forcing them to be passive and submissive to you applies differently, but I have gotten cultists prides and ego down and made them understand that their life was on my hands and it would be easier for them to settle down.

That's how you get sportsmanship on SS13.

Roleplay or die.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #319041

ShadowDimentio wrote:

I stopped playing at several points because traitor, 50% of our round rolls, was getting seriously fucking tedious. If you're constantly exposed to the same rounds they start getting boring and formulaic, this happens to every round type, and isn't somehow unique to conversion modes.

I never said I wanted only traitor though?

And traitor has tons of room for all kinds of wild stories and possibilities beyond the antagonists if you give players the leeway rules wise, its why I have been harping on the IC issue thing for years.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #319059

lol u fall for da bait stupid boneless slime come home from work
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #319067

J_Madison wrote: Roleplay or die.
On /TG. You're deusional

Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #319089

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
J_Madison wrote: Roleplay or die.
On /TG. You're deusional
I managed to convince a mauler to not kill me in warops the other day. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it can't happen.

This entire thread is just J_mad, the man, the myth, the legendary joke.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #319123

kevinz000 wrote:If we're going to go off topic I might as well add:
This means they're fun in MODERATION.
One, two rounds in 8 hours? Acceptable. (3 is definitely stretching it.)
8 hours of conversion? You get a bunch of players sick of the same stuff.
Point is, they happen too much to be fun.
If I wanted tdm 24/7 there's Colonial Marines.
suepr l8 sorry but yes

I don't want conversion modes gone entirely that's poor hyperbole, but they're like wiz rounds - once in a while for a change of pace? sure! every other round as a major gameplay mode? pass
Limey wrote:its too late.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #319141

J_Madison wrote:yo don't bwoink me when I massacre two departments worth of staff and begin spacing anyone in maint or in hallways.

I used the comms console to centcomm and asked for Paranormal Response teams to back me up, not my job to deconvert without a chaplain.

Next time assist in sending a way for me to stomp cult, and deconvert. Or I'll send up stomping cult and everyone.

That's the attitude being promoted here. I just want a fair and sportsmanlike shift.
This is one of the most retarded things I've ever read and you are highly delusional.
This is your forum equivalent of "So because of X I can be shitty and do Y" except forum edition with
the reason being no policy was created. And here you also go on about fair and sportsman again after literally
talking about massacring two departments. All figurative but you can't keep playing both sides of the ballpark here
and from history, we all know that you really only care about the game and not other people.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #319171

change the world chaplain to admin throughout this entire thread
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #319183

NikNakFlak wrote:
This is one of the most retarded things I've ever read and you are highly delusional.
This is your forum equivalent of "So because of X I can be shitty and do Y" except forum edition with
the reason being no policy was created. And here you also go on about fair and sportsman again after literally
talking about massacring two departments. All figurative but you can't keep playing both sides of the ballpark here
and from history, we all know that you really only care about the game and not other people.
you don't even play

giving examples of real cases

not my playstyle; read: among lowest kill ratios of HOS players.

read hos diaries, i care about the story, experience, and interaction rather than the game.
Nabski wrote: This entire thread is just J_mad, the man, the myth, the legendary joke.
get at me.
if I can change one person for the better. that's a win for me.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #319221

Just remove both cult game modes from the game.

Conversion game modes have made me never want to play security.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #319224

J_Madison wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:
you don't even play

giving examples of real cases

not my playstyle; read: among lowest kill ratios of HOS players.

read hos diaries, i care about the story, experience, and interaction rather than the game.
You keep using that statistic and being a man of information science, I'll need to see the data that warrants you making that claim, otherwise, stop talking out of your fucking ass and being cancerous as fuck
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #319235

Steelpoint wrote:Just remove both cult game modes from the game.

As much as it pains me, it'd probably make the game less magic ridden, besides from oddities like wizard and make cult walls/floors etc more exotic.

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #319238

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Just remove both cult game modes from the game.

As much as it pains me, it'd probably make the game less magic ridden, besides from oddities like wizard and make cult walls/floors etc more exotic.
That's good, it'll make magical artifacts more valuable and mysterious as you see it way more rarely
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #319862

I think there needs to be ghostbuster packs. Not chaplains. They were always a flavor role like lawyers. That being said clock cult is very overpowered due to their ability to spawn mobs.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #320453

RandomMarine wrote: Nope, because in any of those other modes I'm free to do what I want without suddenly getting a rule-enforced obligation to KILL DA HEDZ/SUMMON THE GODZ/DOM. There's this thing called roleplaying that can make almost any situation entertaining, something that can't really be done as a convert team antag without being bwoinked for abandoning your team because you stopped to go do whatever instead of scribbling runes or turning other spacemen horizontal.
You don't have this obligation though?

Don't confuse no sabotaging with actively participating, if cult try to convert one person then just play however you want. Just give them a nod every now and then if they need it to be a good sport

Bob used to just make plants the entire round when they were team antag so It would be odd for me to see that then turn around and punish everyone else for it without a headmins explicit request to do so
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #320456

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
RandomMarine wrote: Nope, because in any of those other modes I'm free to do what I want without suddenly getting a rule-enforced obligation to KILL DA HEDZ/SUMMON THE GODZ/DOM. There's this thing called roleplaying that can make almost any situation entertaining, something that can't really be done as a convert team antag without being bwoinked for abandoning your team because you stopped to go do whatever instead of scribbling runes or turning other spacemen horizontal.

Don't confuse no sabotaging with actively participating, if cult try to convert one person then just play however you want. Just give them a nod every now and then if they need it to be a good sport

Bob used to just make plants the entire round when they were team antag so It would be odd for me to see that then turn around and punish everyone else for it without a headmins explicit request to do so
It is outright false to say that conversion modes are not primarily centered around the antagonist to the point of completely derailing a round, at least in most cases.

You can try to avoid participating but odds are you will either be caught in a crossfire or the round will progress to a point where you have no option but to participate in the round type or simply wait for the round to end.

Therein lies the issue with these modes: everyone gets dragged in by their very nature and has to play the same game over and over again. You are no longer playing SS13, you're playing cult on SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #320467

Only tangentially related but i played a clock cult round yesterday as part of the cult and holy christ i had forgotten just how truly fucking awful it is
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #320473

captain sawrge wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:

It is outright false to say that conversion modes are not primarily centered around the antagonist to the point of completely derailing a round, at least in most cases.

You can try to avoid participating but odds are you will either be caught in a crossfire or the round will progress to a point where you have no option but to participate in the round type or simply wait for the round to end.

Therein lies the issue with these modes: everyone gets dragged in by their very nature and has to play the same game over and over again. You are no longer playing SS13, you're playing cult on SS13.
Every gamemode revolves around the antagonist to the point of shifting the gamemode in some direction, that's why antags exist and why extended blows without some admin event.

But What does that have to do with the individuals obligation to the team from an admins perspective ?

Also oh my god mobile forum posting sucks
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #320480

It's just the matter that op is right in that this is a large design flaw but it would be fairly disengenous to treat chaplains with accountability. It's a code problem and an issue with the relevant modes, not a player problem.

That being said, headmins are the ones in charge of game mode rotation so if modes are so glaringly flawed it falls within their sphere of influence to potentially remove these modes from rotation until they are properly adjusted.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320551

Why can't we have a chem recipe for making holy water?