Team/conversion antag rounds and theft

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Team/conversion antag rounds and theft

Post by Dax Dupont » #326900

If someone steals the captain's laser from under you for no reason when you're the one that tried to get it(thermite into the office and then spent half a minute smashing the case) during say a cult/rev/gangs round, is it not acceptable to stun them, take it back by partially stripping to find it and disposal them since the only reason they took it seems to be to just to annoy you?

Are things such as weapons just free for people to take from other antags on the same team since there's no security(since well you're a team antag) and there is no law of the land?
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Team/conversion antag rounds and theft

Post by Lazengann » #326913

steal shit get hit
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #326925

Wait, so, you wanted to steal the cap's laser first, but someone else did it before you, so you're asking if you can stun/disposal them?

Why?
Limey wrote:its too late.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #326926

Qbopper wrote:Wait, so, you wanted to steal the cap's laser first, but someone else did it before you, so you're asking if you can stun/disposal them?

Why?
Because it was an team antag round and I actually succeeded in stunning multiple heads/sec with neurotoxin and laser would help finish them off.

I actually stole it first, but they pushed me out of the way just to be a dick and ran off with it.

Said person only focused on tiding and just being a nuisance.
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #326927

If you go through the effort of making thermite and burning down walls to get a coveted item, and then someone snatches it right out from under you, with no effort on their part, do you not get the right to take back that item?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #326931

This seems like one of those cases where the rule was enforced not because it made any sense, but because it was a rule.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #326932

CandyClown wrote:If you go through the effort of making thermite and burning down walls to get a coveted item, and then someone snatches it right out from under you, with no effort on their part, do you not get the right to take back that item?
Not only that, a needed item too, I had the captain escape from my neurotoxin by quickly running behind a glass covered inaccessible area, I couldn't get to him fast enough. Said gun was procured for avoiding said reasons.

Besides, stunning someone for 30 seconds and partially stripping them is hardly something that should get someone insta banned from partaking in a game mode.

Regardless, it would be nice if there would be a rule precedence for this regardless of the reason. The way I see it people can just steal whatever loot/tool you acquire and/or need. The rules state: Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team.

In my definition stealing needed tools/weapons does harm the team, especially when they are better equipped to deal with the heads. Not only directly, also there's the fact that this obviously results into a chase and distraction. They had no real reason to take it other than being rude.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #326934

Yeah this is fine for this particular incident
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #326955

I usually consider inter-team antag conflict to be similar to station crew conflict, where it follows regular escalation and rule 1 and all that. I'm certain there would be exceptions (like throwing your fellow rev into the HoS to stun him but the rev dies in the process but it allows you to kill the HoS or something crazy), though.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #326964

I'm amazed people think that someone being so buttblasted that one of their allies picked up the COVETED LOOT that they wanted that they morphine, strip nude, and disposal them is a good thing.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #326967

I'm amazed that you don't!
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #326969

While I don't agree with the method of retrieval, I do think that getting back something you worked for from a lazy team member should be allowed. Asking nicely should be the first resort but if they run away or say no, use non-lethal and non-destructive methods of getting your shit back.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #326978

I was thinking more of a stunprod, cablecuff, get the desired item then uncuff and run.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #327007

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I'm amazed people think that someone being so buttblasted that one of their allies picked up the COVETED LOOT that they wanted that they morphine, strip nude, and disposal them is a good thing.
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I was thinking more of a stunprod, cablecuff, get the desired item then uncuff and run.
stripping them until you get the item then disposaling them is a horrifically stupid idea imo
Limey wrote:its too late.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #327744

if this came up I would rule it IC, maybe toss a message to the parties involved to not start fighting each other and move on

I wouldn't strip them before disposaling them though
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.