Forging evidence as non-antag Sec Officer

tolstovskiy

Forging evidence as non-antag Sec Officer

Post by tolstovskiy » #25036

Let's say i'm playing Security Officer named Grumpy Asshole. I'm spending my shift running after traitors. At some point I encounter crew member named Annoying Person causing minor trouble in Bar. I arrest him, brig him for 2 minutes then i release and he commits another minor crime. Now with me being Grumpy Asshole and him being Annoying Person I decide to bend the law a little(much) by planting esword, emag and ebow I acquired a while back by pretty much stealing it from evidence room. Miraculously i manage to convince HoS that the guy is traitor, i maybe even bribe detective to do it, so the guy goes in permabrig/gets executed. Obviously at this point Admin is PMing me.
Ignoring the fact that i'm terrible person and the fact that my victim is most likely too, should i be banned(permaban/job ban). Should every security officer get banned for doing similar things and if not where you "draw the line"?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: Forging evidence as non-antag Sec Officer

Post by Cipher3 » #25044

>Planting more than 10 tc worth of evidence.
Uhuh.

Planting traitor items on someone to perma/execute them is legitimately utterly awful. If they're seriously being so bad I guarantee you there's a legitimate excuse to brig 'em, elsewise you're getting worked up over nothing. I thought this would be about accusing the guy of petty theft or assault falsely, which is bad in and of itself.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #25070

As of present there's no such thing as an antagonist security officer.

This really shouldn't even be a question. Of course you can't plant evidence to have someone perma-brigged or executed. I'm all for sterner sentences when it comes to greytiding/repeat-offenders but you just plain have to take the high road as a member of Security.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #25079

Cipher3 wrote:Planting traitor items on someone to perma/execute them is legitimately utterly awful. If they're seriously being so bad I guarantee you there's a legitimate excuse to brig 'em, elsewise you're getting worked up over nothing. I thought this would be about accusing the guy of petty theft or assault falsely, which is bad in and of itself.
I think this sums it up.

Bullshit charges are usually called "IC Issue" but doing it maliciously is against Rule 1. Either they don't need it done to them because of what they've done or they shouldn't be having it done to them.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #25083

You can eventually perma brig repeat offenders as I understand it, sentences are somewhat arbitrary and I don't think anyone will hold putting your chained yoyo away against you. Just be patient and don't do it after the second instance of minor crime. Covered under grey tide caveats of players who do nothing but minorly fuck stuff up simply can't be controlled and will tie you up all round since they Just Do Not Stop Committing Crime. Slightly related it is okay to reach incorrect conclusions based on the fact your knowledge of the round isn't perfect for example I once presumed a changeling who was wearing warden's gear had husked the warden when in fact he had just robbed the warden then another ling killed them. He tried to hold this against me and other officers in his ban request and it held no water.