End round behaviour - bugged round-end

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

End round behaviour - bugged round-end

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #330461

Recently we've had a spate of round-ends in which due to flaws with the code have been kept at length indefinitely and not all of them such as specific conversion modes ever require the shuttle to be called and people evacuated before its conclusion.

In which case until admins arrive would policy agree on scenario A or B or something else offered by yourselves.

A) If the crew have not left the station via escape shuttle, they are free to deathmatch as they please given the circumstances of the round are over as opposed to deathmatching on centcomm.

or

B) (in the case of not evacuating via the shuttle) The round is to be treated as 'Extended' and maintained until a admin logs in to terminate it in which killing people in the grace period afterwards is still notable for breaking the rules, and players are expected to maintain their antagonist/station crew roles. In which case admins sporing a mulligan/antag of their choice if they don't feel the station is in bad enough condition to end would be appropriate.

Spoiler:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: End round behaviour - bugged round-end

Post by Dax Dupont » #330512

Extended till the heads call the shuttle or it's been 2+ hrs and admins can meme.

If the crew wants the shuttle called they'll find a way to call it.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #330516

B, and anyone who answers A horrifies me.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #330523

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:If the crew wants the shuttle called they'll find a way to call it.
I mean yes, that's totally a palatable scenario but we're not codifying a mandatory call shuttle just to accommodate for a bug that will probably get fixed in the coming days, this is for everything between the shuttle arriving and getting to centcomm and in the case of anything of this nature happens again.

It would also apply to admin round extensions if for whatever reason they were stalling cycling to the next one without a shuttle call.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #330536

Vote for round restart?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #330541

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Vote for round restart?
Rarely works.

Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #330619

It would be really helpful if the OP was more clear.

Is this about a wizard dying or whatever and there being no mulligan (which has been around for a while)? Or is it more Nar-Sie is literally roaming the station but the round continues?

admin feedback pls
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #330640

This is about the server not restarting on round end when it normally would.

Currently, the rules are:

When the round end report is sent out, the round is over and everybody can deathmatch, shuttle or no shuttle, centcom or station.

At this point, the round is over, deaths stop being logged, and stats for the round have been uploaded.

Another way to confirm the round state would be to check the site banner, red background (but no error text) indicates the round is over.

IIRC during the bugged restart, the round end report still plays, so this would apply in those cases.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
bandit

Post by bandit » #330645

OK that's a lot more clear. The OP read like it was talking about the mulligan bug particularly with followups "codifying a mandatory call shuttle" etc.

So basically, same rules as before then, with the caveat that if you aren't 100% sure the round is over then hold off on the deathmatching. I had to explain to someone a few weeks ago that just because the emergency shuttle had left doesn't mean that everyone left behind on the station could go full murderbone.

(As an admin if this happens I usually enable CTF until shit can get sorted out)

admin feedback pls