Metagrudging and antags

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Metagrudging and antags

Post by kevinz000 » #332923

If someone outright admits they're metagrudging someone by killing them as an antag, solo or team, does the rule 1 precedent of not metagrudging people apply or the rule that says antags do whatever they want outside of a short list of things which doesn't include this?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Metagrudging and antags

Post by Dax Dupont » #332925

It should probably be considered fine as long no icky ocky or ocky icky("HAH METAGRUDGED BITCH") happens until the round is over it should be fine.
If this happens a lot between two players, perhaps other incidents should be closely investigated especially if metagrudging happens. Perhaps a note should be placed if this happens more than twice with the same person, with care to not make it sound accusatory and not a warning for metagrudging.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #332971

There have been statements from prior headmins that metagrudging isn't really metagrudging if it's carried out by an antag, because antags can do whatever they want. 'Metagrudging' as a thing-that's-against-the-rules is generally 'i am using my grudge against you to inappropriately escalate/find excuses to kill you,' if not outright killing without cause.

If you're a solo, rolled antag, per Rule 4, you can kill whomever you want.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #332994

There was an ahelp once where someone was particularly mad they were killed and believed, with some justification, that it was due to a metagrudge. Unfortunately the killer had rolled antagonist and it was ruled ic. Definitely not the first time doubt it will be the last.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #332998

I've always heard that it's fine. I could see changing it, possibly, but it would have to be in the broader umbrella of wanting antags to have IC justification for their killing (not murderboning etc, which for most objectives is counterproductive) since that's ultimately the rationale.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #333008

I mean I'd say this is almost impossible to prove otherwise because they could have just killed them on a whim/just because they want to.
The reason I ask now is because someone basically outright said "I dislike person so I kill them as (conversion) antag"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #333014

I've seen warnings for this if it's within the same round (traitor is killed, comes back as antag ghost role and rushes his killer), but across many rounds I'm not sure how feasible it is to track. I have given at least one secret note in the past to somebody who was throwing an absolute fit in deadchat and screaming that they would metagrudge another player.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #333020

I have seen players argue in ooc and then end the argument with "Well when I get antag i'm gonna kill you then". It shouldn't be policed in the way someone needs to justify ever single kill, but an antag running around the station looking for one non target person they have beef with and going massively out of their way to take them out of the round because of ooc shit should be considered meta grudging. Why add the incentive to rolling antag that you can go find and kill that guy who called you a mean name in ooc or said something you don't like. This is especially a problem for players who play static names(I think most players play it safe and assume its metagrudging until told otherwise) or even admins who play static names because people will think its hilarious to just kill them every time they get antag.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #333023

Regular antags: Killing anyone is fine.

Ghost antags: Rushing towards the person that killed you is extremely lame and should be punished.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #333040

Just feels like a culture and/or general maturity problem that can't be cured with rules. People are going to be salty about dying. They're going to get salty that "that guy" killed them in the last round or last dozen rounds or "every" round. They're going to mentally check off that "finally, I can get revenge on that guy." Its really not the best but I honestly don't see a way to legislate that away.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #333046

CPTANT wrote:Regular antags: Killing anyone is fine.

Ghost antags: Rushing towards the person that killed you is extremely lame and should be punished.
It already is punishable, getting a ghost role means you lose all your ic memory, so rushing to your killing would be bannable.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #333112

If I'm reading the OP correctly then my belief is that it's 100% ok to metagrudge as a solo antag or against someone outside the team as a team antag.

It would be stupidly hard to prove and even if someone admitted it, why punish them for being honest about something that a lot of people do low key anyway?

Try to enforce a rule against metagrudging as an antag would be ridiculous, only if it was some over the top "So and So has killed and gibbed me at roundstart every single time they get traitor for the past several weeks" sort of thing would it make sense to intervene.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333134

Until you harp on antags getting free reign to kill I don't believe this is fair.

"You can kill everyone BUT the guy that really pisses you off all the time since he pisses you off all the time!" is not something I feel comfortable enforcing.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #333226

The problem isn't what you do, but why you do it.

If you're dumb enough to say you metagrudged someone, no matter the role, you should get slapped for it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #333231

Kind of hard to punish someone gloating in deadchat to their victim about it being a metagrudge after they kill someone. It's impossible to enforce unless it's a ghost antagonist role or an admin has been shadowing them from roundstart
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #333232

i was more thinking about gloating in ooc

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333272

I'd gloat about killing demonfiren if I actually played and demon actually logged on
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #333273

I would argue that explicit metagrudging should be warnable, possibly antag ban worthy if done excessively. You are not meant to bring OOC issues into the game, antag or otherwise.

Of course it is very unlikely for a admin to reasonable tell if a antag is metagrudging or if they are going out of their way to hunt someone down. Outside of a traitor Miner rushing back to the station and spending ten minutes hunting down a Botanist when the Miners objective was to steal the Head of Security's firearm, then this is a issue that is not going to be easily resolved commonly by admins.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #333276

I'd rather they get their aggression out as an antag rather than being constantly shitty in line-toeing and hard to act on ways.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #333346

Lazengann wrote:I'd rather they get their aggression out as an antag rather than being constantly shitty in line-toeing and hard to act on ways.
Most people do both

Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #333375

I think allowing players to just get it out of their system during their antag rounds isn't that much of an issue, unless it is really taken to an excessive degree. Basically what Cobby said, really.
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:"You can kill everyone BUT the guy that really pisses you off all the time since he pisses you off all the time!" is not something I feel comfortable enforcing.
They're a traitor, with a go-ahead to murder fellow crew. If they want to kill someone as part of their workplace grudge, might as well let them.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #333391

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I'd gloat about killing demonfiren if I actually played and demon actually logged on
brb randomnaming human, waiting until i get antag and killing you

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #333431

DemonFiren wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I'd gloat about killing demonfiren if I actually played and demon actually logged on
but now cobby wins by default by depriving you of lizard
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #333471

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
but now cobby wins by default by depriving you of lizard
you can't play lizard if you don't play at all
so there's no real change

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #333486

Well someone gloating in ooc is a bit different but the only recent cases I remember involve pregame salt or deadchat salt.