Here it comes

NoH8OnlyLove
Byond Username: NoH8OnlyLove

Here it comes

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #340550

So why do we have sec when almost every single thing is ahelpable and bannable? 100% genuine 0% ironic. I really want to know.
Hitler Security Coming To You Next Sunday. Prepare yourselves
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Here it comes

Post by captain sawrge » #340556

NoH8OnlyLove

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #340557

That's right daddy-o
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #340562

Because the jobs of the lawyer and the detective have been near-entirely foisted onto the admins, with no pushback from anybody anywhere at all. This is the result. Enjoy it.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #340563

Not everything is ahelpable/bannable as you say. I brig and gulag and perma plenty of nonantagonists when I play security and I don't seem them banned or even talked to unless it becomes a consistent thing. If you're being gulagged every single round you play assistant, or spending 90% of your round brigged because you can't stop griefing security, and this is a consistent thing that happens every round, that's when "every little thing" becomes ahelpable. It even says this in the rules.

"Everyone has a license to grief to a very limited extent. You can likely get away with borderline antagonistic behaviour (Never random murder, but stealing from the brig and triggering a manhunt, for example) occasionally, but it's when this becomes a frequent occurrence that people get frustrated and admins start to get involved."

That sort of stuff becomes unfun fast when you do it every round. Nonantagonist IC conflict is fun- one of the best parts of the game sometimes as it provides a break from constantly fighting people with a license to grief- everything is roleplayed out properly or at very least has some semblance of escalation. Admins are not banning everyone for this shit because I still occasionally get nonantagonist IC confict as sec and other roles, and I very rarely get bwoinked on either side because I know when to stop and when it's appropriate to greytide a bit. Most people do, which is why most people don't get bwoinked for "every little thing."

The solution, if this is actually a problem, which I think it is starting to become one due to the recent ban appeals which definitely should've been IC issues, is to hit the IC issue button more often on IC issues and crack down on people that ban bait and the people that grief on a regular basis. (If you see a large amount of adminhelps about greytide for a person, they should definitely be put on a watchlist for greytide and warned, and given then bans if they continue.)
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #340567

To kill antags
NoH8OnlyLove

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #340568

Welp. Can't argue with any of the 3 aforementioned posts. Shut it down boys.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #340628

I used to bomb departments as sec officer and never got a single bwoink or note or even someone telling me not to do that.

As long as you don't arrest people, you can be a loose cannon.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #340649

Okay, but why is Beesting giving a serious, multi-paragraph answer to a bait thread by a greytiding assistant upset that they got in trouble for metagrudging.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #340650

We have sec so we can ban people dummy.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #340653

I have always been in favour of less admin intervention and more freedom to solve conflicts IC.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #340655

You are given wiggle room to grief since the game sometimes requires it to be fun.

However, invoking such ability nigh constantly can become an OOC issue as you are well aware.

I IC issue most things but there's times where I gotta be the stinky admin.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #340656

Sligneris wrote:Okay, but why is Beesting giving a serious, multi-paragraph answer to a bait thread by a greytiding assistant upset that they got in trouble for metagrudging.
For you
NoH8OnlyLove

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #340704

Sligneris wrote:Okay, but why is Beesting giving a serious, multi-paragraph answer to a bait thread by a greytiding assistant upset that they got in trouble for metagrudging.
I'm not upset mate. I had tons of fun and I'm betting you're one of the people I dumpster on a daily basis, but this is off-topic.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #340720

NoH8OnlyLove wrote:
I'm not upset mate. I had tons of fun and I'm betting you're one of the people I dumpster on a daily basis, but this is off-topic.
And I'm a petty bitch :(
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #340729

NoH8OnlyLove wrote:
Funnily enough, when someone dumpsters you after you disarm spam and table them constantly, you throw a bitchfit and say you'll add them to your "list" and moan endlessly that they have autism.

And you were on probation too.
rly maks you u thnk
NoH8OnlyLove

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #340743

Guys this isn't about me. Please inbox me with all your fanmail :heart:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #340791

This thread has run its course.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #340836

bandit wrote:This thread has run its course.
yeah.