Removing ears & tails

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Removing ears & tails

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342538

Bottom post of the previous page:

Summarily where do admins stand about removing the tails (lizards & cats) and ears of specific races?

Q: When it is applied in punishment (catperson broke the law or abused their status as a non-human)

Q: Is mass converting catpeople to humans irreversibly (tails & ears destroyed after in crematorium) acceptable if they are deemed a risk/unfavorable by command, sec & AI?

Q: Is setting laws to target & convert when applicable non-humans to humans ok? This would mean anything from medical borgs syringing in human xenobio mutagen to surgically removing catpeople parts.

Removing lizard tails i see as inconsequential because essentially they are no less a lizard for not having it as much as they are whilst having it, and it often is favorable for lizards to ditch the tail. In catpeople its a entirely different kettle of fish in that they literally change states dependent on what areas of them is cut off.

So i pose this to you all.

Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Removing ears & tails

Post by Nilons » #348246

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:OR you can just not act on it at all?

You don't have to escalate it further.

In reality there's no difference between this and the jarek situation. Every member of security up to the captain will vehemently defend other security in most occasions because they know that OOCly security can never be the bad guys.

Fighting back against any sec member will result in your round ruined.
I would rather and usually do inadvertently help antags than sec/command that are being massive cunts. Of course this doesnt mean I trust greyshitters over officers just that if the wardens being a cuck for no reason Ill bust people out of gulag or perma on the DL

edit: also fighting back I rarely see people get permad for, its when they get out of prison and seek revenge/try to raise the crew against security
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #348249

cedarbridge wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:Still need that super obvious ruling that says "Yes a 6 second harmless procedure to change your characters appearance is not a Rule 1 violation".
So we're going with the definition of harmless that's narrowly written as "does not cause your hitpoints values to change" right? That's literally the only way this post isn't full retard.
I'd argue that any definition of harm that includes "purely aesthetic changes to your character" is the only full retard definition here.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #348252

Can you just state yes/no on bannable instead of playing charades so the people who code the video game can decide on keeping/removing the feature
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #348255

You can get banned for lasering someone. Clearly we need a definite headmin ruling so that coders can decide on keeping/removing lasers.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348258

Oldman Robustin wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:Still need that super obvious ruling that says "Yes a 6 second harmless procedure to change your characters appearance is not a Rule 1 violation".
So we're going with the definition of harmless that's narrowly written as "does not cause your hitpoints values to change" right? That's literally the only way this post isn't full retard.
I'd argue that any definition of harm that includes "purely aesthetic changes to your character" is the only full retard definition here.
>amputation of a body part
>b-b-but aesthetics

I hoped for better and I was let down.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #348259

cedarbridge wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
>amputation of a body part
>b-b-but aesthetics

I hoped for better and I was let down.
It doesnt affect game play nor hinder it; it is, at most, a vain visual attachment
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #348260

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:OR you can just not act on it at all?

You don't have to escalate it further.

In reality there's no difference between this and the jarek situation. Every member of security up to the captain will vehemently defend other security in most occasions because they know that OOCly security can never be the bad guys.

Fighting back against any sec member will result in your round ruined.
I feel like this "don't escalate it further" logic is good for when you get brigged for theft. Sec's doing their job and you got caught, no need to start a tide riot. If security is genuinely being a huge group of assholes and cutting tails off then that's when I feel they're made pretty much valid to all IC consequences the victims can come up with. Additionally, it deserves OOC consequences since you're essentially taking the power given to the role and then using it against players who have done nothing besides wear a different sprite.

Security and head roles are supposedly held to a higher standard which is why I think it shouldn't be okay when they do shit like le gulag all plasmamen roundstart/cut off tails for da lulz. An assistant, clown, med doc, would all be okay doing that IMO as long as it's not a regular thing because the role they're playing doesn't have a ton of OOC trust placed on it and as a result is held to a lower standard.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #348261

Removing cat ears and tails as punishment for a crime is not bannable, removing them in retaliation for some affront is not bannable, doing it at random as the clown or whatever is not bannable but it opens you up to serious retaliation.

Leading the entire security force/station to do it to everyone as a head of staff is over the line.

I think this is pretty in line with current policy about other IC issues (for example, if you smash a window and take a medkit as an officer that is an IC issue, if the captain orders all of security to smash medbays windows and take all their stuff that will probably get you talked to).

So unless there are objections I think the policy for this and related issues can be summed up as "Do not mass organize grief when you are in control of the security force"
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #348276

why did we remove gender reassignment surgery if it's only a sprite change?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #348277

Mutilating someones genitals is in no way comparable to cutting off a tail.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348280

NOthing is comparable t oanything and everyone itt is an enormous fucking dipshit
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #348286

captain sawrge wrote:NOthing is comparable t oanything and everyone itt is an enormous fucking dipshit
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #348290

k this is over already