Removing ears & tails

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Removing ears & tails

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342538

Bottom post of the previous page:

Summarily where do admins stand about removing the tails (lizards & cats) and ears of specific races?

Q: When it is applied in punishment (catperson broke the law or abused their status as a non-human)

Q: Is mass converting catpeople to humans irreversibly (tails & ears destroyed after in crematorium) acceptable if they are deemed a risk/unfavorable by command, sec & AI?

Q: Is setting laws to target & convert when applicable non-humans to humans ok? This would mean anything from medical borgs syringing in human xenobio mutagen to surgically removing catpeople parts.

Removing lizard tails i see as inconsequential because essentially they are no less a lizard for not having it as much as they are whilst having it, and it often is favorable for lizards to ditch the tail. In catpeople its a entirely different kettle of fish in that they literally change states dependent on what areas of them is cut off.

So i pose this to you all.

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Removing ears & tails

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #343296

My insight isn't as appreciated as i would like it to be, probably not. SS13 has been a habit of distraction for a long time now, a spergy timesink.

Thanks for deviating from the original question, when the actual answer you all should have given would have been to glaze over my comments entirely, as if to ignore me and focus on the cold-hard informative questions i dig into my responses. We're still non the wiser how to apply the original topics outside of (XYZ admins are obviously against it, because it affects them) and (Fwoosh cannot be trusted around cats) by personalising the query and responses too much. Both of our faults.

You could have summarized that with a Cat-Gestapo secret admin note on my ckey, but instead you waste precious time chasing me, im honestly not even getting a kick out of doing it, its just depressing to see you all right now even comment with half hearted suprise that anybody bothered.

Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #343299

Cats are a furry fetish
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #343302

iamgoofball wrote:Cats are a furry fetish
The most damning thing about this entire debate is that goof is 100% right
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #343323

Fwoosh I ask you this sincerely, whenever you write a post, please wait 24 hours and read it again and still see if you actually want to submit it.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #343387

Fwoosh if you can't make your statement in 15 words please don't make it at all
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #343393

Lazengann wrote:Fwoosh if you can't make your statement in 15 words please don't make it at all
Learn to read paragraphs, you're not in kindergarden anymore Dorothy
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #343418

I have read several paragraphs in my time

Fwoosh's posts are different
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #343425

iamgoofball wrote:
Lazengann wrote:Fwoosh if you can't make your statement in 15 words please don't make it at all
Nice of you to actually make your statement in 10 words. Fwoosh could take lessons from you.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #343430

As a person who has a list of lizards I have detailed, therexs really nothing to be said. It's a (mostly) minor cosmetic change. Now what you fags should really be reeling over is when people start injecting human transformation syringes into unruly liggers
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Digdugxx
Byond Username: Digdugxx

Post by Digdugxx » #343467

Yea my round was ruined when Catzilla syring gun'd me with a lizard to human mutation toxin. Have never considered irl suicide harder in my life
Spoiler:
Qbopper wrote:One of the few posts on the forums to make me genuinely laugh out loud, well done
:]]]
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #343475

who even has experiences in-game where someone else being a catperson or a lizard affects you without you being the one to make a big deal about it
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #343476

Me
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #343487

Sligneris wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Nice of you to actually make your statement in 10 words. Fwoosh could take lessons from you.
goof has the opposite problem of not adding any detail to anything though
feem wrote:who even has experiences in-game where someone else being a catperson or a lizard affects you without you being the one to make a big deal about it
there was one time where a lizard got btfo'd by a borg when it tried to harm me but that's about it
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #343504

I think I will still plan to remove the ear and tail in the near future
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #343507

oranges wrote:I think I will still plan to remove the ear and tail in the near future
Don't worry I got you
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #343564

no you do not
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #343566

https://atlantaned.space/newSS13tools/p ... p?poll=175

More people voted on yes to cat ears than most polls get votes period, it does not seem right to remove them because a handful of people can't live and let live over a stupid cosmetic and point to the drama they themselves cause as a reason to keep pushing the issue.

And for the record I voted repeatedly against enabling them in the first place because I think they're silly and out of place.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #343568

Kor wrote:point to the drama they themselves cause as a reason to keep pushing the issue.
You mean its the same people over and over and people keep feeding them attention for doing it?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #343580

For people like leoz I do not think it is attention but actual deepseated hatred of those players and they've declared their intent to use their position to attempt to remove it again
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #343604

Kor wrote:For people like leoz I do not think it is attention but actual deepseated hatred of those players and they've declared their intent to use their position to attempt to remove it again
He's not wrong.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #343605

Copied from somewhere else I said this, because I feel like it'll be wasted if I don't put it here - would love to elaborate but I'm on my phone so maybe tomorrow. Anyway!

I've never once yet in my five months of playing spess seen a catgirl use their status to be a shithead who goes around griefing people for lel cat memes, all I've seen them do is roleplay admittedly sickenly sweet kawaii uguu neko waifus which sure, may be grating to some, but is what we really want the server to be just a hive of shitheads always acting like assholes and building death traps to throw each other in?

Is it really SO OFFENSIVE to people that there may be others who don't enjoy strictly rping as violent sociopaths with a bizarre immunity to pain and habit of building weapons at the slightest provocation?

Are you all so overwhelmingly soulless that you can't handle even a little bit of cuteness in your lives?

What is this argument even about?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #343614

Pascal125 wrote:
Kor wrote:For people like leoz I do not think it is attention but actual deepseated hatred of those players and they've declared their intent to use their position to attempt to remove it again
He's not wrong.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #343669

FantasticFwoosh wrote:My insight isn't as appreciated as i would like it to be, probably not. SS13 has been a habit of distraction for a long time now, a spergy timesink.

Thanks for deviating from the original question, when the actual answer you all should have given would have been to glaze over my comments entirely, as if to ignore me and focus on the cold-hard informative questions i dig into my responses. We're still non the wiser how to apply the original topics outside of (XYZ admins are obviously against it, because it affects them) and (Fwoosh cannot be trusted around cats) by personalising the query and responses too much. Both of our faults.

You could have summarized that with a Cat-Gestapo secret admin note on my ckey, but instead you waste precious time chasing me, im honestly not even getting a kick out of doing it, its just depressing to see you all right now even comment with half hearted suprise that anybody bothered.
we're also depressed at your mental health
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #343672

Ispiria wrote:snip
Thanks for your obviously deep and insightful opinion that you've applied in the last five months
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #343687

oranges wrote:
Ispiria wrote:snip
Thanks for your obviously deep and insightful opinion that you've applied in the last five months
Applied, no
Gained and shared, yes

Sorry if you don't welcome opinions but I thought that was what helped decide policies?
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #343726

hy do you guys claim "OMG RP that I hate catfolk" when nobody else RPs about freaking anything... You claim that being jerks to a subset of players who play xenos is fine within the constraints of the game, and yet you're completely ignoring rule 1 here: don't be jerks to other players (yes, pot calling the kettle black, but I'm working on it here). In no other case does RP override the rules. If you're ruining the game for other people (outside of an antag role) for the sake of "RP" you always face retribution; the only reason this situation is any different is because the staff are divided about dispositions towards catfolk themselves.

Until this dissension is dissolved, players will always take advantage of this and be dicks to catfolk. So before we discuss this as a community, maybe get the staff members on the same page.
feem

Post by feem » #343731

aside from the (surprisingly very limited, even during their heyday) erp groups, literally the only "BUT MY RP!!!" rights that people ever fucking scream about on this game are the people who want the "right" to be an murderous asshole or a racist fucktard or an oppressive shit to people and have a roleplaying cause for it, OR the people who are directly impacted by those people and just want to be able to keep having their games and stories without some shitbag coming in and wrecking it because "lol im crazy/a racist/a megalomaniac icly"

i think going overboard with silly snowflake species in the game doesn't add anything and i'm somewhere between ambivalent and begrudgingly accepting of both lizards and catpeople, and because it's the nature of the community, i generally curb my concerns about forced racism memes

but seriously, if you fucking care that someone else is playing a different color/race/size sprite from you from a selection of things already in the game, and you make a big deal of it oocly (or ICly, without cause or entertainment value for anyone but yourself), then _you_ are creating the problem, not them

jesus christ, shut up and stop wasting everyone's time with your 'BUT MAH RIGHTS TO BE A RACIST!!!' supremacy fantasy bullshit

edit: seriously it is not a fucking catperson's fault that you spent the whole round chasing after them to steal their tail
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #343734

Tbh I think speicieism is ok, just dont start murdering liggers/cat people willy nilly. This is probably the essence of minor ic conflict. At the most dire I do things like deny access for lizards or only cook fruit dishes.
Also, if you dont want to be discriminated against dont choose to be a ligger
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #343736

calzilla1 wrote:only cook fruit dishes
would make sense for you to do so
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #343752

Feem is correct.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #343767

DemonFiren wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:only cook fruit dishes
would make sense for you to do so
Liggers hate fruit

feem

Post by feem » #343770

calzilla1 wrote:Liggers hate fruit
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #343781

Xhagi wrote:Feem is correct.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #343791

feem wrote:aside from the (surprisingly very limited, even during their heyday) erp groups, literally the only "BUT MY RP!!!" rights that people ever fucking scream about on this game are the people who want the "right" to be an murderous asshole or a racist fucktard or an oppressive shit to people and have a roleplaying cause for it, OR the people who are directly impacted by those people and just want to be able to keep having their games and stories without some shitbag coming in and wrecking it because "lol im crazy/a racist/a megalomaniac icly"

i think going overboard with silly snowflake species in the game doesn't add anything and i'm somewhere between ambivalent and begrudgingly accepting of both lizards and catpeople, and because it's the nature of the community, i generally curb my concerns about forced racism memes

but seriously, if you fucking care that someone else is playing a different color/race/size sprite from you from a selection of things already in the game, and you make a big deal of it oocly (or ICly, without cause or entertainment value for anyone but yourself), then _you_ are creating the problem, not them

jesus christ, shut up and stop wasting everyone's time with your 'BUT MAH RIGHTS TO BE A RACIST!!!' supremacy fantasy bullshit

edit: seriously it is not a fucking catperson's fault that you spent the whole round chasing after them to steal their tail
Solid point, although I do disagree with the alien races. It's just something that adds to the novelty and character of the game. TTRPGs often have dwarves, elves, orcs, etc. even if they aren't very statistically different from a standard human. I personally never play them, but it makes for fun interactions.
feem

Post by feem » #343792

i mean i don't disagree, i just mean going overboard, like 'OH WE NEED TWENTY DIFFERENT RACES' or 'I WANT BUNNYPEOPLE AND CATPEOPLE AND FROGPEOPLE AND DOGPEOPLE AND BEARPEOPLE AND HORSEPEOPLE AND'

alien/unusual races which are interesting and involved in and of themselves or which produce an interesting, game-enhancing dynamic aren't what i'm getting at
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #343795

feem wrote:i mean i don't disagree, i just mean going overboard, like 'OH WE NEED TWENTY DIFFERENT RACES' or 'I WANT BUNNYPEOPLE AND CATPEOPLE AND FROGPEOPLE AND DOGPEOPLE AND BEARPEOPLE AND HORSEPEOPLE AND'

alien/unusual races which are interesting and involved in and of themselves or which produce an interesting, game-enhancing dynamic aren't what i'm getting at
But frogpeople tho...

captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #343797

Add dullahans I
feem

Post by feem » #343798

calzilla1 wrote: But frogpeople tho...
honestly i'd be ok with fregpeople but i'm just saying let's not go HOG WILD
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #343803

Add dullahans and we will not need anymore races.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #343821

feem wrote:
calzilla1 wrote: But frogpeople tho...
honestly i'd be ok with fregpeople but i'm just saying let's not go HOG WILD
hog people
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
feem

Post by feem » #343865

Atlanta-Ned wrote: hog people
OINK OINK OINK
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #343880

if we add hog people we need to add a chainsaw arm surgery equivalent that lets you replace your hands with the firearms of your choice

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
feem

Post by feem » #343884

if we add bear people we need to add an arm replacement surgery which allows you to collect and install bear arms

and then when we play patriotstation rounds everyone will attack all the bearpeople for their arms
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #343894

feem wrote:if we add bear people we need to add an arm replacement surgery which allows you to collect and install bear arms

and then when we play patriotstation rounds everyone will attack all the bearpeople for their arms
Boooooooo
daaaaaaad joke
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #343956

iamgoofball wrote:Cats are a furry fetish
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #343960

I can't wait to find out what goofball's fursona is. He's going to end up like one of those anti-gay Republicans with 3 boyfriends behind the curtain.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #343968

cedarbridge wrote:I can't wait to find out what goofball's fursona is. He's going to end up like one of those anti-gay Republicans with 3 boyfriends behind the curtain.
My fursona is oranges
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #344016

I'm getting sick of this misconception, catgirls (and catbois) as represented in game are NOT FURRY. IT'S A WEEABOO THING. The neko imagery comes straight from anime and isn't related to furdom in any way.

The lore behind cat ears and tails is pretty estabilshed by now: you can already see how globalization caused japanese culture to infiltrate western society since the early 2000s, fast forward a few centuries and it's normal and accepted to see people undertake massive surgical and genetical modifications to look like their anime heroes.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #344031

they're furry
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #344034

Stop responding seriously to bait, Grazyn.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #344051

Anyone who spells the word as "catboi" must be gassed.