The Wiki situation: The reckoning of the policy, policy

Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

The Wiki situation: The reckoning of the policy, policy

Post by Jalleo » #1185

Right so I just talked to MrStonedOne and because he is unable to post this right now I shall just make the post. MrStonedOne, Jordie, Rockdtben and Cheridan are free to modify this if they feel I missed anything out or to add in a actual draft wiki policy if one starts to being formed.

We currently have no actual real complete wiki policy on content and what should go on the wiki and what it then becomes if you are the copyright holder of everything.

Now personally I suggest we just make it everything is either fair use if you arent the maker of the content that you put up or public domain if it was you that put it up because really its just some bunch of words important to just a few people not anyone else really.

http://coderbus.com/wiki/TGStation13:Privacy_policy

This is literally all thats currently on the privacy policy:

REAL PRIVACY POLICY TO BE MADE, BOTHER ROCK OR MRSTONEDONE

Wiki is open-source; you are free to use any content hosted here. Credit and provide a source link if you feel like it.

This also means we would need to update the contributing to the wiki guide after or at the same time or possibly merge the content somehow if thats allowable I dont know I am not a lawyer.

http://coderbus.com/wiki/Guide_to_contr ... o_the_wiki

Now because I am all for discussions and because I have no time I cant make up the wiki privacy policy myself and I believe that just asking people about on #coderbus wont get as much informed discussion that going out and asking here.

On another note: some of you may have noticed that you already have accounts on the wiki:

The wiki shares a login system with the forums, accounts are tied by usernames, but its case sensitive.

If you had a account on the old wiki with user talk pages and contributions and the like, they got ported over, but if your username isn't exactly the same, you won't have access to them.

If you find this to be the case, send MrStonedOne a pm with your old wiki username, some sort of proof if they are materially different, and what username you want to keep, since both have to be the same. And he will rename one of the accounts so they are linked.
Nerolat
Byond Username: Nerolat

Re: The Wiki situation: The reckoning of the privacy policy

Post by Nerolat » #1186

kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Re: The Wiki situation: The reckoning of the policy, policy

Post by kosmos » #1584

What servers/code does the wiki represent?
If I'm going to edit the wiki, will I add info from NTStation13-code or the tgstation code, or both?
If the rules/policies are changed in tgstation13.org/wiki, are they the original rules that apply to all servers? If so, what does the ss13.eu/wiki represent anymore?

I just want to edit the wiki like before but it's so confusing now.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #1589

See here
The wiki is for mostly /tg/ content however NT stuff is welcome on there as long as the template I linked is used before the content so it's clear.
Feel free to edit the wiki with either /tg/ or NT content because as it stands, no-one from #nanobus has got their stuff on the wiki yet.
Rules/policies are decided by the /tg/ administration, which is currently on this site, so any changes that are made would be put onto our wiki, not ss13.eu
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #4178

De-globalling this since we finally got around to making a proper privacy policy page.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #4222

Can someone update the "Administrators" page, the links still point to the old forum and I don't have enough edit powers to change this.

See:
http://www.tgstation13.org/wiki/Talk:Administrators

Cheers
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #4750

peoplearestrange wrote:Can someone update the "Administrators" page, the links still point to the old forum and I don't have enough edit powers to change this.
Which links point to the old forum? I can't find any.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #4773

Mind if I suggest having archived versions of older things that are still sorta inuse?

For servers, for instance, use old telecomms as a secret on the maps (Glloydstation for Urist McStation for instance).
Also, its nice to see how things progressed.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #5043

kosmos wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:Can someone update the "Administrators" page, the links still point to the old forum and I don't have enough edit powers to change this.
Which links point to the old forum? I can't find any.
I linked to the talk page, which has all the corrected links, but I can't submit that to the actual page:
http://www.tgstation13.org/wiki/Administrators

I was trying to make it easy so someone with permissions could copypasta what I had done.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box