Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from config.

FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from config.

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #355387

Bottom post of the previous page:

Title.

They were removed. They still should be removed. They are still overpowered. Also, who even asked for them?

btw arm enabled them

yes, this is an i ded.
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from conf

Post by Anonmare » #355971

I told that Frog to change his name to keep this from happening
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355986

My bad on that count.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #355998

Why should I have to change my name?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #356000

Armhulen wrote:Why should I have to change my name?
I'm older than you young newt
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #356001

Anonmare wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Why should I have to change my name?
I'm older than you young newt
But my name is Norwegian, and that's really neat.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #356025

Armhulen wrote:it was for a headmin promise, i hope these things get removed. it was kind of fun seeing that even though flashes stun now nobody carries them. Unrobust!
Borgs are hilariously easy to kill if you have a flash, and flashes are very common if you bother looking at all. The other day I killed 2 syndie medborgs and 2 syndie assaultborgs with just a flash and saw. People are really shit man.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #356026

People are really shit man.
The people with the infinite ammo guns are pretty shit if they let you melee them, that is true.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #356029

EMPs are still hilariously effective considering, if RNG cooperates, you can lockdown a cyborg with an EMP and it's completely fucked if the robo console is gone
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #356072

The inclusion of secborgs has been pretty good in my opinion, barring some cases of shitty borgs.

Having borgs and the AI be an actual threat means that EMP sources are now more valuable and the fact they are immune to conventional stuns means the hybrid taser is no longer the end all be all of combat.

Also it increases the value of the flash, giving revs another metabreaker.

I know many coders dont like secborgs for some reason but their existence is overall better for the game than their absence.

We need to encourage the playerbase to adminhelp shitty borgs more often. And possibly we should lock the module behind silicon time played if at all possible. Secborgs are fun for experienced silicon players, but ones that dont understand how laws work ruin a good thing for everyone.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #356080

Sorry if someone already said this but it's natural that players are going to have to take some re-training to get used to secborg/sillycon/asimov policy considering we haven't had them for ages and many players may have never seen them at all
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #356094

bandit wrote:Sorry if someone already said this but it's natural that players are going to have to take some re-training to get used to secborg/sillycon/asimov policy considering we haven't had them for ages and many players may have never seen them at all
I disagree considering how frequent policy was broken when we had secborgs on all the time

Edit: Although I'm certain what you said does factor into it for the newer players
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #356109

Why is breaking silicon policy worse than breaking regular server rules which people do all the time?

I mean it is easier to spot usually but other than that.
Kor wrote:
People are really shit man.
The people with the infinite ammo guns are pretty shit if they let you melee them, that is true.
^I repeat this man shot down a nerf to secborg disabler spam^

It shouldn't be acceptable in wizard events etc if you think it's borderline unbeatable.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #356111

Incomptinence wrote:Why is breaking silicon policy worse than breaking regular server rules which people do all the time?
The problem is, silicon policy is infinitely more strict than the server rules

If a crewguy sees some guy getting beaten up outside their room, whatever not my problem, while if a borg sees some guy getting beaten up outside their room, they HAVE to intervene.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #356116

Law 2 heml
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #356125

CosmicScientist wrote:.
None of this has any direct context to the thread. Its just you bitching about how you hate borgs. This is a secborg thread.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #356131

wow cosmic went full autism there

"oh no I have to consider/avoid/dedicate effort one of the most important roles on the station before I whip out my e-penis and start murdering people in the hallways if I dont want there to be a chance it spots me"

edit: Also I'm pretty sure that emping the AI as a ventmonkey shuts off its APC, muting it from everything but binary. then just hop out of the vent because the turrets are off, open the depowered windoor, card the AI with one of the three roundstart intellicards/a card printed from R&D, and wipe it. there, most fortified and protected role on the entire station dead with basically no risk.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #356182

You can't carry things with you when you vc as a monkey
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #356209

Question: Is it possible to ban someone from a specific cyborg modules like a job ban? If not, why not?

If you had the ability to job ban someone just from sec borg then you could police sec borgs more harshly than other borgs. I know in general bogs get some leeway for their laws if it looks like they were acting in good faith and trying. If you could just ban them from sec borg you could keep over zealous people from abusing sec borg who ordinarily could play regular borgs just fine.
--Crocodillo

Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #356211

If people won't follow silicon law as secborgs then they won't follow it as normal borgs
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #356227

Lazengann wrote:If people won't follow silicon law as secborgs then they won't follow it as normal borgs
This. Shitty secborgs are shitty every other kind of borg too.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #356262

cedarbridge wrote:
Lazengann wrote:If people won't follow silicon law as secborgs then they won't follow it as normal borgs
Yes, so only having the other roles minimizes the impact of their shittyness.
Spoiler:
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #356264

Going through that wall of text was a tad daunting so forgive me if I missed any points.

One reason why I enjoy secborgs being reintroduced via admins is it gives gestapo sec something to fear, as the PK borg was functionally useless at stopping sec from murdering. Since secborgs were reintroduced I have seen security be considerably more careful of the use of deadly force during conversion rounds.

Secborgs are probably an imperfect solution to giving the silicons actual harm prevention tools, but it is better than no solution at all. Which was the case because of a coder culture problem of trying to keep the PK borg as a joke module despite the various problems a lack of silicon power causes.

If the PK borg had actual tools to stop harm and not scream impotently, and could stay a threat to gestapo sec, I would love to have them instead of secborgs.

But the coders dont want to do it, for very flimsy reasons from what I read on git.

On the subject of sec borgs "only valid hunting," that is the point of security play. It is like complaining that security officers are valid hunting. It is literally the purpose of the module/job. Valid hunting by other jobs frankly should be more discouraged, but on /tg/ it most likely wont ever happen. But complaining secborgs are going around trying to stop human harm is like complaining engineers going around fixing things.

I still think that making secborgs use the PK model and have their tools might make them act differently. Plus it would let secborgs run around giving out cookies and hugs when they arent stopping harm.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #356276

Y'all weren't complaining that they existed in the code when they were disabled by config option for a couple years.

Since they're going back to being disabled by config option after this week, I'm still not sure why y'all are complaining that they're in the code.

They serve a purpose from time to time and when disabled, it takes understanding how to call the proc on them to badmin them into existence (aside from wiz antics).

I see no problem with them remaining in the codebase so long as they're disabled by default.

If you're especially annoyed and butthurt then remove the ability to configure them from the .txt and make them manual-only.

But as a badmin, there are definitely reasons to keep the module in, and I can see them (or at least their items) becoming useful in a future malf-y or contraband technology situation anyway.

Stop bitching that you ded when something that'd been disabled for a long time is turned back on _with absolute intent for it to be temporary_. This is indistinguishable from a thread complaining that there are Halloween, Christmas, or April Fool's events. Which, you know, those threads happen too, but they're also stupid.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #356331

PKPenguin321 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Yes, so only having the other roles minimizes the impact of their shittyness.
Alternatively, cone-ban them.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #356385

If that worked it would have been done
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #356423

>players are dumb with thing
>lets remove the thing then
>gee whiz, the dumb players are still dumb with other things, better remove more things
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #356424

cedarbridge wrote:>players are dumb with thing
>gee whiz, the dumb players are still dumb with other things, better remove more things
>a feature gets implimented that makes everyone spawn with an instagib gun
>people complain about removing the thing instead of the players
my face when :lol: !
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #356427

See here's the problem with people that hate secborgs, secborgs aren't //THAT// good, but by MSO's beard they'll talk about them like every secborg is a walking deathsquaddie.

I'll give you that they're good. I'll give you that yeah they probably aren't the best at following their laws (because it's pretty damn unclear where the lines are), but jesus christ they aren't the paragons of destruction and validhunting that people constantly make them out to be. If nothing else, they have a LITERAL KILLSWITCH that all you have to do is press a button to activate.
Last edited by ShadowDimentio on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #356429

obscolene wrote:
Its almost like your restyling of my argument is a total strawman. Par for the course I guess!
obscolene

Post by obscolene » #356439

cedarbridge wrote:
obscolene wrote:
Its almost like your restyling of my argument is a total strawman. Par for the course I guess!
you specifying the subject as "thing" allows it to be replaced with anything, not strawmanning
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #356440

No that was strawmanning, it completely misrepresented what he was trying to get at in favour of conveying his argument specifically for secborgs as a blanket statement.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #356452

once again people who stopped playing for months coming back to fuck around on forums and be dumb and strawman things sigh step away..
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #356467

Secborgs are bad and will not be coming back permanently. Hope this helps to all people still currently posting ITT.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #356481

I would really like to see a simple total of silicon bans during the test and a total of bans overall for same period.

Since the spin is always silicon policy breakin every round those silicon players are simply keraazy!

I mean how do we even have anyone left playing borg at all? It really boggles my noggle.
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #356484

As someone from a downstream server, please do not remove them from the code. Other communities do enable, utilise and adapt to the secborg.
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #356485

As someone from a downstream server, please do not remove them from the code. Other communities do enable, utilise and adapt to the secborg.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #356490

Incomptinence wrote:I would really like to see a simple total of silicon bans during the test and a total of bans overall for same period.

Since the spin is always silicon policy breakin every round those silicon players are simply keraazy!

I mean how do we even have anyone left playing borg at all? It really boggles my noggle.
From the rounds I've adminned I've had 0 ahelps regarding secborgs at all in any flavor.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #356493

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:I would really like to see a simple total of silicon bans during the test and a total of bans overall for same period.

From the rounds I've adminned I've had 0 ahelps regarding secborgs at all in any flavor.
Yeah ive seen alot of complaining about them, but it makes sense that people dont adminhelp. Consider making an announcement recommending admin-helping bad borgs? Changing the culture of not adminhelping would help the server overall.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #356588

I've handled one case of a bad secborg and that was a genuinely new player who had never even seen the module before and had only the bare minimum time requirement to access borg roles.
obscolene

Post by obscolene » #356592

killerx09 wrote:As someone from a downstream server, please do not remove them from the code. Other communities do enable, utilise and adapt to the secborg.
Just don't merge the removal ? ? I don't see the problem here.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #356639

cedarbridge wrote:I've handled one case of a bad secborg and that was a genuinely new player who had never even seen the module before and had only the bare minimum time requirement to access borg roles.
Which is why the earlier suggestion to lock secborg behind x mount of hours of silicon play is probably a good idea
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #356649

cedarbridge wrote:
obscolene wrote:
Less of a strawman than an exaggeration to make an analogy clear
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #356740

less of an exaggeration to make an analogy clear than a strawman
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #356743

Hey pkp you were always big on how silicons are terrible rule breakers to a can and admins never enforced policy on them.

Now you are an admin where are the scalps?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #356917

Incomptinence wrote:Hey pkp you were always big on how silicons are terrible rule breakers to a can and admins never enforced policy on them.

Now you are an admin where are the scalps?
Secborgs died long before I became and admin and were the only ones that really broke rules consistently
I do indeed hand out silicon bans when they're warranted
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #356943

Ah just thought you might chalk up a few in secborg week in particular for some reason.

I did look through ban appeals after making that post but I only found one silicon ban appeal to your name.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #357024

CosmicScientist wrote:Ban appeals are not representative of bans.
very true:

number of feemjmeem ban appeals: 4
number of feemjmeem bans: 212 (this includes duplicates across multiple job types, perma, and temp bans)
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #357157

killerx09 wrote:As someone from a downstream server, please do not remove them from the code. Other communities do enable, utilise and adapt to the secborg.
Hi there, I promise that no matter the verdict the module will stay defined in the code. We may remove the config option from upstream but if you wish to restore it downstream feel free to ask for help and I will be happy to assist, unless you guys can manage it yourselves.
Players can and will create their own fun.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #357168

Based on my experience in arguments over mining and mechs I believe I have pinpointed the EXACT REASON these are so hated.

Their power is not gated by ROUND LENGTH and EFFORT. Clearly a system should be added where they are slowly rewarded for the percentage of humans that remain unharmed slowly building up abilities until they can solo the harmful Durands wandering around.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #357170

Did you just use a time gate to balance something?

Calling all goofballs!
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #357192

Time gating is perfectly valid in a time limited/roundbased game