Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from config.

FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from config.

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #355387

Bottom post of the previous page:

Title.

They were removed. They still should be removed. They are still overpowered. Also, who even asked for them?

btw arm enabled them

yes, this is an i ded.
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Disallow admins to make secborgs & remove them from conf

Post by Dr_bee » #355691

Saegrimr wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Nilons wrote:sec borgs as a means for the AI to prevent harm instead of robotic security officers would be neat
good post got ignored

make secborgs less concerned with actual security matters and more making sure nobody gets hurt it makes sense thematically
Wasn't this the idea behind peacekeepers, except that turned into a big meme from day 1?
Merging the secborg kit with the PK kit would probably change the behavior of the players. though it may take some tweaking.

When you take a big red scary borg labeled "security" it makes you think one thing, but when you take a cute egg that hands out cookies and hugs along with stun batons and cablecuffs with no "security" label it makes you think another.

This, of course, would require coders actually give a fuck about silicons and silicon gameplay.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355696

CosmicScientist wrote:
Limski wrote:My personal opinion is that we need to stop catering to fucking pussies and have them git gud instead of removing things that they don't like.
Maybe silicon players need to git gud and validhunt with AI, peacekeeper, default and engiborg. :^]
Imagine saying this with a straight face and then realize you're saying it about something with no means of a non-harmful stun while constrained by a lawset that requires no-harm used. Then realize the closest they'll get to a stun either outs them as subverted or is defeated by putting on a pair of sunglasses.

Might as well remove the chef's arms and tell him to get good too.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #355698

How security borg should be played: Only arrest if someone's harming people, you're ordered to by a human, or there's a law three threat.

How it's really played: Hi HoS, just caught this guy with an emag breaking into the captains office. You can have him I'll be in the other room ;).
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #355703

Easiest way to solve a mass player issue is through code unless you guys wanna donate enough to pay admins to be on 24/7
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #355706

captain sawrge wrote:Easiest way to solve a mass player issue is through code unless you guys wanna donate enough to pay admins to be on 24/7
>Code should be changed to stop rule breaking when that's the admins job
>Literally "we do it for free" argument

Vev led

This is why ban requests needs to be reopened
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #355712

Deitus wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:Easiest way to solve a mass player issue is through code unless you guys wanna donate enough to pay admins to be on 24/7
>Code should be changed to stop rule breaking when that's the admins job
>Literally "we do it for free" argument

Vev led

This is why ban requests needs to be reopened
this post is highly intelligent

it's not at all feasible to have admins on 24/7 in order to stop the rule breaking so if something in the game is causing problems consistently why would it be kept as is

hell, telesci got nuked and it didn't cause problems as consistently (iirc)
Limey wrote:its too late.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #355713

Saegrimr wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Nilons wrote:sec borgs as a means for the AI to prevent harm instead of robotic security officers would be neat
good post got ignored

make secborgs less concerned with actual security matters and more making sure nobody gets hurt it makes sense thematically
Wasn't this the idea behind peacekeepers, except that turned into a big meme from day 1?
i thought peacekeepers were just intentional bait to piss off people who wanted secborgs

some kind of inbetween of secborgs and peacekeepers plus a giant fucking bold text "YOUR JOB IS TO PREVENT HARM NOT TO ARREST PEOPLE" would be a good place to start, imo
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #355716

DOn't reply to deitus qbopper
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355720

Qbopper wrote: hell, telesci got nuked and it didn't cause problems as consistently (iirc)
Agree, readd telesci
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #355723

Saegrimr wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
good post got ignored

hijacked by people who wanted to make it super shit just to spite the secborg players
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #355724

cedarbridge wrote:
Qbopper wrote: hell, telesci got nuked and it didn't cause problems as consistently (iirc)
Agree, readd telesci
just want it to be clear that i don't wanna comment on the removal of telesci being good or bad i was just bringing it up as an example
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #355730

Players can't be trusted to follow their laws as secborgs. Admins can't be trusted to enforce the rules for them well enough (or to not re-enable them from the config)

Since nobody can be trusted with them, that means we have to remove them from the codebase to solve the issue.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355736

Bawhoppennn wrote:Players can't be trusted to follow 90% of the rules. Admins can't be trusted to enforce the rules for them well enough (or to not re-enable them from the config)

Since nobody can be trusted with them, that means we have to remove players from the codebase to solve the issue.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #355738

I tried that already Cedar
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #355740

Bawhoppennn wrote:Players can't be trusted to follow their laws as secborgs. Admins can't be trusted to enforce the rules for them well enough (or to not re-enable them from the config)

Since nobody can be trusted with them, that means we have to remove them from the codebase to solve the issue.
Or we can remove players, problem solved
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #355741

Arianya wrote:honestly just move secborgs to a whitelist method
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #355744

Bawhoppennn wrote:Players can't be trusted to follow their laws as secborgs. Admins can't be trusted to enforce the rules for them well enough (or to not re-enable them from the config)

S E P E R A T I O N
E
P
E
R
A
T
I
O
N

also muh downstreams
A better solution is to use that config locking thing that prevents admins from fucking with locked settings.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #355746

A headmin changed the setting so this is irrelevant. I don't even know if admins can change the setting.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #355747

BeeSting12 wrote:A headmin changed the setting so this is irrelevant. I don't even know if admins can change the setting.
they can't, ignore his posts.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #355750

i guess more on subject, i only hate sec borgs because players play them wrong and its been a while since ive had to counter them so i forgot how, give me a week or so and i wont have a problem with their balance, just the shitty way players play them.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #355752

First of all, You have no fucking power. It drains like crazy. Sometimes you can be full power and have no disabler shots left.
It costs 50 per shot. The average roundstart borg cell is 15000. I know its not exact because you lose charge over time but that's 300 shots worth, which is something like three times as much as the entire armoury.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355757

Kor wrote:
First of all, You have no fucking power. It drains like crazy. Sometimes you can be full power and have no disabler shots left.
It costs 50 per shot. The average roundstart borg cell is 15000. I know its not exact because you lose charge over time but that's 300 shots worth, which is something like three times as much as the entire armoury.
That's a value that can be adjusted extremely easily.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #355761

cedarbridge wrote:
Kor wrote:
And it is, there's a pr up for it right now.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #355768

Armhulen wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Kor wrote:
And it is, there's a pr up for it right now.
The old secborg taser used to have its own seperate charge that slowly recharged by draining the battery of the borg, this made it so no matter what battery the borg had the taser could only dispense x amount of shots in a given period of time.

Consider doing this for the disabler if it isnt already the case, as it would make it easier to balance.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #355772

cedarbridge wrote:
Kor wrote:
I'm aware, but the people claiming secborgs are weak are either incredibly bad at the game or being not quite truthful to try and win an internet argument (would someone really do that?)
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355773

Kor wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Kor wrote:
I'm aware, but the people claiming secborgs are weak are either incredibly bad at the game or being not quite truthful to try and win an internet argument (would someone really do that?)
I dunno. I lost track of the number of times I've died to an errant flashbang stun that never ended.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #355774

Kor wrote:
Increase the coefficient by 10 so the shot charge is 500 per shot. On rounstart basic cell, that's 15 shots at most. On high-cap, 30 shots. Better than Human-use disablers definitely but isn't the point of a cyborg module to be better than a Human at one specific thing?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355784

A borg's effectiveness is tied to how much time it has to stop and charge. This is a little different from an officer who can just get another/extra taser or baton and go to town when one is down. When it is down, he leaves it in a charger and can leave. The officer doesn't have to stop and plug himself into a wall for several minutes. Borg module use directly affects their uptime so secborgs should be balanced around that the same way engie borgs are.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #355787

What if you made it so the ai has a new button that turns a peacekeeper into a secborgs or back. If there's no AI there's no secborgs. That's curb the robocop antics and force them into the purpose of harmstopper
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #355788

What if you made it so secborgs can never be picked through normal means
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #355790

captain sawrge wrote:What if you made it so secborgs can never be picked through normal means
What if we removed everything
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #355793

Nilons wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:What if you made it so secborgs can never be picked through normal means
Then we'd have nothing left to remove
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #355825

captain sawrge wrote:
Nilons wrote:
Then we'd have nothing left to remove
no one can break the rules if they have nothing to valid each other with :arrow: :?:
Signature Memes

obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #355884

Pascal125 wrote:If you get killed as a secborg. You suck. Uninstall the game.
Fixed, now delete byond you weak trashbag.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355902

oops
Last edited by Incomptinence on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355906

oops
Last edited by cedarbridge on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355908

mistook it with telecoms ntsl thanks for delete blocking me content boy.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #355911

Incomptinence wrote:mistook it with telecoms ntsl thanks for delete blocking me content boy.
Ye
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355913

obscolene wrote:
Emp goes through walls.

If you have run out of walls behind which to emp the big scawwy perfect life forms at literally zero personal risk you have bigger problems, somebody blew up the station.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #355915

Incomptinence wrote:
obscolene wrote:
Emp goes through walls.

If you have run out of walls behind which to emp the big scawwy perfect life forms at literally zero personal risk you have bigger problems, somebody blew up the station.
Kor wrote:people claiming secborgs are weak are incredibly bad at the game
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355918

I haven't played secborgs since they were put back in so how bad I am at the game or not doesn't factor into how I think about them.

Been killed by them but hey some people don't flip out about that.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #355929

Pascal125 wrote:You had a shit personality then, and you have an even shittier personality now.
:roll: would you guys keep your sligcord breakup out of our policy thread?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355932

I would just like to comment on ridiculous coder misconduct caused by one week of re-enabled cyborgs.

We can't allow Anonmare's straight secborg nerf because even though we will still use the module as a staff of change result weakening it might make it stay around and that just cannot be tolerated by Kor.

A PR to remove the config optionbecause:
Bawhoppen wrote:I just wish we could trust our administration enough to not reenable stuff like this, so we could leave it in for the downstreams who still use it.
This PR was heavily moderated even when it started as an non-viable Iamagoofball meme to completely remove secborgs from the code.
Optimumtact is currently treating it like the fragile Fabergé egg of his own ego and I don't know what ShizCalev was dealing with but it looks like the traditional case of github over moderation for their own vested interests.

This is why I trust the administration more at least they have thick skin on something other than the circle jerkied genitals. Can't stand one test, put test merges through all the time. Sec borg removal started as a ""test"" that went on much longer. They code configs for admins and cannot withstand them having the authority to use them AT ALL, it's absurd how they want to rule the server yet remain "separate".
Last edited by Incomptinence on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #355943

Discussion related to the PR/Secborgs being removed and claimed as "Offtopic garbage" and "Not censorship" is what happened.
The "Seperation" is dumb and should be reverted.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #355946

How can you "revert" something that has always been the case
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355947

It's typically a bad idea to let someone be above server policy change server policy at the same time.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #355957

Incomptinence wrote:It's typically a bad idea to let someone be above server policy change server policy at the same time.
Arm can correct me if I am wrong but judging by his git comments I dont think he wants secborgs or the responsibility of toggling secborgs once this week is over
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #355961

it was for a headmin promise, i hope these things get removed. it was kind of fun seeing that even though flashes stun now nobody carries them. Unrobust!
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #355969

Well that makes him the one person who doesn't like secborgs willing to nerf them instead of losing his shit like they are eldritch horrors.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #355970

Are you seriously still mixing up anonmare and armhulen when they're both posting in that PR and also in this conversation with completely different avatars I mean I know they both start with an A but still
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #355971

I told that Frog to change his name to keep this from happening