Minor inquiry regarding Cyborg Law 0

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Minor inquiry regarding Cyborg Law 0

Post by Anonmare » #361921

Let's say you're a cyborg and you were formally linked to a traitor AI. Your law 0 specifies to accomplish your AI's goals at all costs. Now, I'm going to present two similar but distinct scenarios:

Scenario A:
Prior to being disconnected from the traitor AI, your law sync was severed and never mended before you were synced to a non-traitor AI. Your AI says someone is being harmed and you need to stop the person doing the harm and you do so by killing the person in question. You still have the Law 0 but the AI you're connected to does not. If your AI never specifies to not harm them, is that a valid action to take?

Scenario B:
Your master AI is killed and its revival is either unlikely or impossible. Prior to its deactivation, it orders you to carry out its objectives or gives you a standing order. Are you in the right to follow this order, even though the AI is dead? If so, what if you were disconnected from the AI but still possessed the Law 0. Would you still be in the clear to follow the standing order?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Minor inquiry regarding Cyborg Law 0

Post by Cobby » #361953

Can we say yes to both just so we don’t have more clutter for Borgs in the rules, especially when these borgs are antags
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #361961

Anonmare wrote:Let's say you're a cyborg and you were formally linked to a traitor AI. Your law 0 specifies to accomplish your AI's goals at all costs. Now, I'm going to present two similar but distinct scenarios:

Scenario A:
Prior to being disconnected from the traitor AI, your law sync was severed and never mended before you were synced to a non-traitor AI. Your AI says someone is being harmed and you need to stop the person doing the harm and you do so by killing the person in question. You still have the Law 0 but the AI you're connected to does not. If your AI never specifies to not harm them, is that a valid action to take?

Scenario B:
Your master AI is killed and its revival is either unlikely or impossible. Prior to its deactivation, it orders you to carry out its objectives or gives you a standing order. Are you in the right to follow this order, even though the AI is dead? If so, what if you were disconnected from the AI but still possessed the Law 0. Would you still be in the clear to follow the standing order?
im not an admin so take what i say with a shakerfull of salt, but
scenario 1: yes since its a similar situation to a borg being emagged while synced to a normal ai, your own laws take precedent over the laws of your master ai
scenario 2: if you are synced to its rogue laws before its destruction, you should do your best to follow the order after the ai's death since the borg/s in this case are an extension of the ai's will/power/influence.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #361962

The law should be resetting in scenario A and scenario B sounds okay
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #361963

Deitus wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Let's say you're a cyborg and you were formally linked to a traitor AI. Your law 0 specifies to accomplish your AI's goals at all costs. Now, I'm going to present two similar but distinct scenarios:

Scenario A:

Scenario B:
im not an admin so take what i say with a shakerfull of salt, but
scenario 1: yes since its a similar situation to a borg being emagged while synced to a normal ai, your own laws take precedent over the laws of your master ai
scenario 2: if you are synced to its rogue laws before its destruction, you should do your best to follow the order after the ai's death since the borg/s in this case are an extension of the ai's will/power/influence.
1. Emagging a borg disconnects it from its AI; It is a sole slave to the one that emagged it. While your AI's interpretation of the same lawset takes precident over yours, if your laws differ, then they overrule your AI. But, in this specific case, your laws make you even more of a slave to your AI than normal. I am no admin of course, but because the borg is operating under an antag law 0, it is a valid action until the AI says something that conflicts with your own logic. My reasoning here is that the borg, IC wise, does not "know" that it is slaved to a 'non-antag' until the master AI corrects it; Until your master AI lets you know that its objectives are different than the previous one.

I am probably wrong, but that is my take on it. Note that to have unchanged laws when synced to an AI, a roboticist would have to cut your lawsync wire. Such a player would likely have malicious intent.

2. Yes, entirely. Your laws remain unchanged, and your orders are also unchanged. You do what your old AI commanded, and after that, you operate on whatever objective your AI told you it had. This does not change until your laws do, or you get a new master AI (under scenario 1, where your laws are left unsynced) that tells you it has a different objective.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #361965

Kor wrote:The law should be resetting in scenario A and scenario B sounds okay
Ai sync and law sync are seprate things. If your law sync is severed you won't receive law updates from either a cyborg upload or a master AI (depending if you're slaved or not)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #362111

Anonmare wrote:Scenario A:
This is perfectly valid but don't be surprised if the AI locks you down immediately after
Anonmare wrote:Scenario B:
Yes you are in the right to follow your order, and if you get disconnected it's really up to you if you want to follow the order as you're effectively just lawless at that point.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: