Revising the Naming Policy.

Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Revising the Naming Policy.

Post by Alipheese » #375241

Bottom post of the previous page:

Due to our current naming policy being abit hazy for both admins and players, I am suggesting a new updated policy here.

Where the current naming policy is no titles, required name formats, meme names being valid.
Although this naming policy is never heard of by any of our players I have spoke to with about the naming policy.
I think It'd be good to discuss a new naming policy

Names would have to be a somewhat realistic name for someone in a wacky space station setting.
Hidden meanings in names would be allowed if spelt like a regular name, example ; Sauk Micuoc.

Names with titles based off age, or career would be allowed, such as Sir, Miss, or Dr. and Professor.
Titles regarding rank or position such as King, Lord, Duke, etc would not be allowed.
CM style nicknames would continue to be not allowed.

Humans would continue to be Firstname Lastname, Lizards would follow their 1, 2, or 3 word names still.
Plasmamen would continue to be element roman numeral. Flypeople continue to be their fly pun names.
And with the addition of moths, Moth names would be like human/fly people, regular names or with a pun related to their race.

Meme names like Adolf Hitler, Donald Trump, or those alike would continue to be valid to abuse.
If an admin believes your name to be unrealistic or unfitting of the policy they would ask for you to change it, in which you should and have you any issue with this, just change your name and speak with a headmin after as to not cause drama.

I'd like some thoughts and discussion on this topic, and If it's seen as an improvement to roleplay, the community or perhaps a more lax policy that all agree with, I will speak with headmins if they do not voice their opinions here to update the policy.
Edit: And to find a place somewhere on the actual rules page to place the decision since that is a major issue that causes the naming policy not being known.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Revising the Naming Policy.

Post by onleavedontatme » #380387

Naming policy is bikeshedding to make us feel less helpless about encouraging roleplay
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #380389

yorii wrote:and probably be quite welcomed from a majority of the playerbase.
SWEET SUMMER CHILD OF MINE
yorii
Github User
Byond Username: Yorpan
Github Username: yorii

Post by yorii » #380393

oranges wrote:
yorii wrote:and probably be quite welcomed from a majority of the playerbase.
SWEET SUMMER CHILD OF MINE
I love you too.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #382372

I got an ahelp earlier that was a guy leaving because he couldn’t name his character “Imperial City Guard” but he said he’s been gotten onto for using the name “professor oak” so someone’s enforcing it
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
yorii
Github User
Byond Username: Yorpan
Github Username: yorii

Post by yorii » #382382

Cobby wrote:I got an ahelp earlier that was a guy leaving because he couldn’t name his character “Imperial City Guard” but he said he’s been gotten onto for using the name “professor oak” so someone’s enforcing it
Yeah I have been forced to remove the "Doctor" title from my medical staff character so someone is surely enforcing this.