Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
damiac
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby damiac » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:07 pm #33369

This is related to Paprika's ban for saying the infamous phrase.

As a quick point of clarification, the current rules for IC in OOC say:
The Rules wrote:IC in OOC can be a no warning ban of 15 minutes, it can be longer if the IC in OOC is severe. To clarify, this is revealing anything about the current round that others can use in the OOC channel. If you are unsure do not say it.


This didn't happen here. (the whole ayy lmao thing is OOC in IC, if anything)

The closest rule actually broken was rule 7:

The Rules wrote:7. Speak like a normal person while in character. Don’t spam, either IC or OOC. Don’t use smileys, netspeak, etc. in IC speech.


And even there, it's a bit questionable. As a real live human, I can say "Ayyy lamayo" out loud. And references to stupid memes aren't just allowed, they're built right into the game(renault, for example).

So why are people getting IC in OOC bans for saying this once? I don't particularly like Paprika, but he/she/it still deserves fair treatment. It just seems kinda heavy handed. I could see bans getting applied for people spamming it, but just for saying it once?



User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:15 pm #33451

Netspeak in-character will get you in trouble. I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.
The complaint was that instead of a stern talking to, he got a slap on the wrist, but that slap was TOO MUCH because of "muh antag round!"

My usual go-to for people saying retarded things in-character was to make them actually retarded with crippling brain damage. I was then told it'd just be a blanket 15 minute ooc in ic ban, so thats how i've been handling it since.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Psyentific
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Psyentific » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 pm #33455

Saegrimr wrote:Netspeak in-character will get you in trouble. I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Stop meming.

All the references SS13 is made of are actual references - Gygax, the Voidsuit, Asimov's laws, redshirt security, tricord, and so on. Just because your average high schooler thinks ayy lmao is the pinnacle of humor and spouts it off, doesn't mean normal people say it in casual conversation. Also, doesn't mean people won't think you're a retarded memespouter for it. This is doge-tier, just don't.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:38 pm #33465

Saegrimr wrote:The complaint was that instead of a stern talking to, he got a slap on the wrist, but that slap was TOO MUCH because of "muh antag round!"


I've NEVER been banned for something like this before. You're telling me you'd ban an antag, mid-round, for saying netspeak? With no admin PM? It's like you don't even know what you're implying when you try to defend this shit.

My complaint had NOTHING to do with the fact that I used netspeak, but aran's administration. I want people who use netspeak to be warned, at least 2 or 3 times, before getting bans. OOC in IC isn't even nearly as severe as needing slaps on the wrist like 15 minute bans that ruin rounds. That's given to IC in OOC people because IC in OOC can ruin OTHER people's rounds. If you do not see the fucking stupidity in applying bans to antags (or ANYONE) for such a minor thing then you are a fucking idiot and a hypocrite because I've seen several people walk around harmlessly in their round after reporting them for using netspeak. This implies either a) admins really don't give a shit or b) they got a warning in an admin PM because the admin handling the case isn't always drooling at the chance to use his ban hammer.

I know you're a new admin and you're really excited to justify overusing ban hammers and banning people which will usually lead to more drama and strife than actually talking to them in admin PMs would but you don't have to go and shit up threads and try to pretend like this is a normal thing all admins do because that's simply not true.
Last edited by paprika on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:42 pm #33466

As I said in the other thread, i've done it before and I have no problem doing it again. Antag status is not a defining point in that.
This is doge-tier, just don't.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:45 pm #33467

Admins have renamed ian to 'such corgi' and we've even had an april fools event that lasted MONTHS that made ian say shit like 'wow' 'such corgi' and shit on loop. Your point?

Oh, this is your point: We're allowed to say some memes but not others, otherwise you'll get a 15 minute ban!

Defending this shit is horrible and just makes you look bad. I'm giving you fair warning before you go and make yourself look like even more of an fuckass.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:47 pm #33468

paprika wrote:I'm giving you fair warning before you go and make yourself look like even more of an fuckass.

ayyyyy
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

QuartzCrystal
 
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:21 pm
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby QuartzCrystal » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm #33471

I dunno, I thought that if someone was going to make "lmao" a proper name it would be "Le Mao". But that's just me I guess.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby miggles » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:10 am #33473

the no netspeak rule is really stupid when you consider 1. you can literally say "ayy lamow" "lawl" "roffle" etc in real life 2. there are people who do those things in real life
i used to know a guy who would say "lol" instead of laughing. too much is probably bad but banning people for saying it once is ridiculous
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:14 am #33476

miggles wrote:i used to know a guy who would say "lol" instead of laughing.

By "used to" that means you threw him off a bridge, right?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby miggles » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:15 am #33477

no because unlike the administration of /tg/station i dont have a massive fixation on shilling out harsh punishments to people who use netspeak
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:16 am #33478

Well that's a shame.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby ThanatosRa » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:40 am #33486

... Well I had a thought. What about actually typing out the pronunciation to sound like a tool IC.


Like "El Oh El. Gee Gee No Arr Eh, Nub."
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

User avatar
CreationPro
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby CreationPro » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:26 am #33492

But it's still netspeak. Rules state "no netspeak".
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.

Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
Image

IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote:i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay


Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.

<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.

Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.

Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;

User avatar
Psyentific
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Psyentific » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:30 am #33493

CreationPro wrote:But it's still netspeak. Rules state "no netspeak".

Well if someone wants to type out "Gee gee no re", let them. If someone wants to type out "Ayy el-em-eh-oh" and sound like a complete tool, let them.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 am #33494

miggles wrote:no because unlike the administration of /tg/station i dont have a massive fixation on shilling out harsh punishments to people who use netspeak

How do you even get this BTFO
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

PostThis post was deleted by Timbrewolf on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:48 am.
Reason: Not constructive. Forget I said anything. Staying out of it.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby bandit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:24 am #33528

Is it that fucking difficult not to use chatspeak in IC chat? The difference between references and chatspeak is that one is actual speech and one is not. Is this seriously the fucking hill you want to die on? A 15-minute ban for chatspeak, which has been in the rules forever?

>15 minute ban
>15
>minute
>ban
>I'm pretty sure I've jacked off for longer at a time than this ban

Also, the Ian doge thing was an April Fool's joke that was reverted too late and unilaterally hated, it's really not a good comparison. (It was also days, not months.)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:21 am #33549

I'm not dying on any hill, I'd just like admins to stop being so wound up tight when it comes to things that are seriously pretty harmless

OOC in IC has never ruined anyone's round, ever, and unlike IC in OOC (which we have fittingly strict punishments for) this doesn't deserve instant 15 minute bans.

Plus, the rules don't even say this applies under the same banning format as IC in OOC. The rules say IC in OOC is banned for 15 minutes no matter what, and then over time it stacks up. It does not repeat this nor imply this is the case for chatspeak or emoticons or memes in IC.

If you're seriously saying it's fair for admins to slap 15 minute bans on people in the middle of antag rounds for saying memes when they were unaware or made a mistake (THAT DOESN'T EVEN AFFECT THE GAME, AT ALL) when it isn't even an established thing to ban people for 15 minutes right off the bat for this is fucking seriously stupid.

People are too dumb and blur IC in OOC with OOC in IC and that's bad administrating because they're two entirely different things, even if they sound similar. That's still YOUR fuckup. If you don't see why this is both bad administrating and admins need to wake the fuck up then you seriously need to improve your reading comprehension because last I checked we weren't anally retentive on our servers about OOC in IC.

Aran has no excuse for this, and neither does any other admin who bans people outright. I wouldn't want it to happen to me, or anyone else. The most people deserve for this is a warning PM and a note. I got neither of those things and had a round ruined because of it, and while you can say "LOL M-MUH ANTAG ROUND" and disregard the fact that antag rounds are what make playing the rest of the game even more fun that doesn't make it right nor 'public knowledge' just because you feel like defending a shitty ban over and over because of another crappy unwritten policy and bad ban by Aran.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby bandit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:59 am #33555

paprika wrote:crappy unwritten policy


The Rules wrote:7. Speak like a normal person while in character. Don’t spam, either IC or OOC. Don’t use smileys, netspeak, etc. in IC speech.


I've gotten warned for this shit before, everyone makes mistakes, but you can't claim it's an unwritten policy when it is right there in the rules, has been for ages, and the only difference in this case is that it is a new forced meme.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

mrpain
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:32 am
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby mrpain » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:29 am #33565

Would you say "Open the airlock pls idc if im not allowed in ty" out loud in real life? No.

Its a role playing game. It isnt allowed here. This is honestly a rule that just hasn't been enforced until now.
/vg/station Head Admin

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby leibniz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 am #33579

Usually I am pro freedom, but I think having some standards doesn't hurt.

Maybe in the actual future on space station there will be total retards that memespeak, but that doesn't mean that we can't have a decent environment for roleplay.
Like, it is just nice to play without feeling I am on a station that is populated by /s4s/ posters.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby miggles » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:41 pm #33641

i dont want to reiterate the argument anon made in the name thread but basically theres already people who talk in memes, in the future theres probably even more people that do.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
Cheridan
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 am
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Cheridan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:24 pm #33656

miggles wrote:i dont want to reiterate the argument anon made in the name thread but basically theres already people who talk in memes, in the future theres probably even more people that do.


You should be able to kill people at random in the game, there's already serial killers in the world!!

Anyway, the rule is only partially about muh immersion or whatever. If we cut out the rule about netspeak because people can talk that way irl tho, now you can say AYYY LMAO all you want!
people see this all over, they say "ok i guess this is acceptable now"
now evry1 is talking like thls its k this is jus my irl accent plz dont oprss me adminz this isf so much fastr then tpying it out ne way

At least if you want to take the time to type out netspeak-type lingo in actual English like ThanatosRa suggested, then it's silly but still up to some standard.
Image


/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby miggles » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:29 pm #33658

you cant phonetically pronounce "lmao" outside of saying "la mow" or "la mayo" etc so yeah thats what i was talking about
and i already said
miggles wrote:too much is probably bad but banning people for saying it once is ridiculous
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

Raven776
 
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:51 pm
Byond Username: Raven776

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Raven776 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:32 am #33714

Can I talk in memes and netspeak as a spider clan ninja?

I remember once I had a few centcomm messages with spider clan that an admin orchestrated and it was all memes and L337 stuff. I figured that was their fluff... Weeabu 'so hacker' ninjas.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:20 am #33782

Cheridan wrote:You should be able to kill people at random in the game, there's already serial killers in the world!!


People who say memes = serial killers I understand now

Actually it's funny you say that, because I got banned for being an antag serial killer who said a meme
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Mat13295
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:54 pm
Byond Username: Mat13295

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Mat13295 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:53 am #33804

Holy shit can we like spawn a renamed tube of ointment next to someone who gets bant for Netspeaking and then bitching about it when the 15 minute ban wears off? Cause goddamn the amount of ass pain coming from people being told not to be autistic reddit tard meme spouters is fucking hilarious.
I don't even play here anymore, hue.

User avatar
firecage
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby firecage » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:12 pm #33812

Seriously Paprika. You can't expect NOT to be banned due to either OOC in IC or IC in OOC JUST because you are an antag.
Image
Image

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Malkevin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:10 pm #33859

miggles wrote:the no netspeak rule is really stupid when you consider 1. you can literally say "ayy lamow" "lawl" "roffle" etc in real life 2. there are people who do those things in real life
i used to know a guy who would say "lol" instead of laughing. too much is probably bad but banning people for saying it once is ridiculous

And those people are retards that should be shunned, SHUNNED!!
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby miggles » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:07 pm #33877

but you can roleplay a retard
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:31 pm #33885

You can also roleplay mass murderer.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby miggles » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:32 pm #33886

nah
thats against the rules
rping a retard isnt
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
lumipharon
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 am
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby lumipharon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:38 pm #33932

I hate people that do it, but if you're literally typing la mayo, I wouldn't think that's any grounds for banning, even if it is obnoxious. It's different from literally typing 'lmao look at that unrobust scrub'.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:42 pm #33933

Mat13295 wrote:Holy shit can we like spawn a renamed tube of ointment next to someone who gets bant for Netspeaking and then bitching about it when the 15 minute ban wears off? Cause goddamn the amount of ass pain coming from people being told not to be autistic reddit tard meme spouters is fucking hilarious.

Except this has never been a thing admins have applied immediate bans for until now.
firecage wrote:Seriously Paprika. You can't expect NOT to be banned due to either OOC in IC or IC in OOC JUST because you are an antag.

Except OOC in IC is completely different from IC in OOC and one of them is actually completely harmless towards the round and should be punished as such but admins have been increasingly overzealous with their banning towards it just because they're assmad and apparently you think this is an okay thing to do. I even tried to explain multiple times that while they sound the same only people with a brain will realize that they're completely different and yet WOW YOU EXPECT ANTAG PROTECTION FOR IC IN OOC? which is something I never even implied was what I wanted.

I dislike OOC in IC. I said it as a harmless joke that nobody but 2 people in atmospherics heard. This was not worthy of the same ban for something that can potentially ruin entire rounds and get the OOC muted (IC in OOC). Admins should be warning people in admin PMs, muting them from IC chat temporarily, or doing other shit to dissuade them from doing it, not applying bans.

If you don't realize how administration is done properly (punishment fitting the crimes) then you're actually retarded. Kneejerk banning for things without thinking through what the impact will be is something shitty admins do on bad servers. All this has done is made me bitter because I just see people saying memes IC all the time without getting banned the same way I did, and more often than not they aren't even antag.

If the objective behind the ban was to get me to be bitter and upset, then it's even worse than I thought. I wouldn't put that past Aran or the new trialmin putting down bans for saying 'ayy lmao' because neither of them seem to be thinking through their administration because their entire excuse for it in my admin complaint was 'you broke the rurus get bant lol' when the rules don't even say OOC in IC (netspeak, emoticons) is punished like IC in OOC. In fact it doesn't even imply that's a thing.

Also, 'autistic'? Coming from Mat13295? That's a bigger joke than my ban...
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:09 am #33997

paprika wrote:All this has done is made me bitter because I just see people saying memes IC all the time without getting banned the same way I did, and more often than not they aren't even antag.

So ahelp it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:53 pm.
Reason: emptyquoting

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:33 am #34022

Saegrimr wrote:
paprika wrote:All this has done is made me bitter because I just see people saying memes IC all the time without getting banned the same way I did, and more often than not they aren't even antag.

So ahelp it.

I do. And they get a warning in adminPM or a note about it. It makes me feel like I was intentionally picked on by shitty admins. NOTHING in the rules nor the past (or current) behavior of admins eludes to these kinds of bans for this being normal.

What it looks like to me is shit admins looking for petty excuses to hand out bans because they can't tell the difference between IC in OOC and something usually completely harmless. Considering you're a new admin who apparently does this a lot, and Aran's track record, anyone with a brain that you ban for this shit is just going to be bitter about it. I've learned nothing but that people like to abuse their power over minor shit.

Psyentific wrote:
Mat13295 wrote:Cause goddamn the amount of ass pain coming from people being told not to be autistic reddit tard meme spouters is fucking hilarious.

>psyentific emptyquoting and calling people autistic

Even more ironic than mat doing it. Just stop.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=622&p=33701#p33701
Image
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

damiac
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby damiac » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:25 pm #34511

In the rounds I played this weekend, there was quite a bit of 'ayyyy lmao' over the radio.
An admin even said it a few times in OOC.

This seems like a policy that's being driven from 1 new admin. It sort of seems like TG wants to be like the absolute worst of bay and goon combined with the recent direction... freedom to be a complete asshole, except you must not break random specific rules enforced, created, and documented at random, that the playerbase itself doesn't even seem to want.

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Hornygranny » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:36 pm #34528

We discussed this and came to a consensus, including HBL, that it was not allowed and never has been allowed under the rules. It's in fashion to spam it on singulo and in OOC (because of me) but that's the extent of what's allowed. Why speculate when you have absolutely no idea?
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:33 pm #34564

damiac wrote:In the rounds I played this weekend, there was quite a bit of 'ayyyy lmao' over the radio.

And the three that I saw got bopped right away. I can't undo the chatspeak, but I encourage them to not do it again.
Its fine in OOC, nobody gives a shit about it in OOC.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:10 am #34615

Saegrimr wrote:And the three that I saw got bopped right away.

Can you elaborate? What were their actual punishments?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:00 am #34628

The same 15 minutes you got, one of which even got me a nice complaint since you're still in disbelief that nobody else has ever gotten this punishment. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1606
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:40 am #34642

If HBL was curious as to why you're making these kinds of bans just to prove a point you should probably stop. You're a new admin and just because admins aren't accountable to anyone that doesn't mean it's totally okay to make up your own rules and policies just because you personally don't like things. Nothing in the rules points to this being that serious of a rule that breaking earns this kind of banning. And you wonder why people are pissed off/confused when you make bans like this, it's fucking baffling.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:53 am #34646

paprika wrote:just because admins aren't accountable to anyone that doesn't mean it's totally okay to make up your own rules and policies just because you personally don't like things.

Please, tell me more about how i'm above all the other admins and how i'm going rogue without anybody around to stop me.
Soon enough i'll be overthrowing HBL and then taking my truck down to lift the servers off scaredy to sell them off for ad hosting.

Oh shit, why did I monologue about my evil plan. Damn you paprika, i'll get you for this!
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:01 am #34648

>implying overthrowing HBL when he never bothers punishing any admins for fucking up would be hard
Is this a new meme?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:03 am #34652

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 pm
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Cipher3 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:10 am #34655

Saegrimr wrote:OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I'm suing you for abuse of my signature.


Wait, wasn't this a policy thread or something? Hm, yes.

Warnings exist, we don't have to ban on first offense. I mean, I have literally never seen anyone get banned for saying 'round' or 'lol' in game until now, at most it would be a bwoink warning.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.


I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus


Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:24 am #34662

Again, originally I just made people super retarded for spouting retarded things IC. A thread popped up in the seekrit club discussing what to do with these people and it was almost unanimously agreed for 15 minute bans, so I moved to that treating it like IC in OOC. (Which nobody seems to care THAT is a no-warning ban)

So after talking with hibbs, i've moved back down to warnings first, then bans.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Discussion of 'La Mayo' Policy

Postby paprika » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:26 am #34665

IC in OOC should be a no warning ban like I've been explaining for a WEEK now that can ACTUALLY RUIN ROUNDS by someone giving away the round type.

OOC in IC is harmless, the worst it can do is ruin immersions more often than not and there's a MUCH bigger grey area with it.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

Next

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users