headmins should use the poll feature more often

FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

headmins should use the poll feature more often

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #385536

tonight's complain from me are polls.

as we see here, there was only one poll done by a headmin however this was more of a design poll regarding a gamemode as kor is the design lead.
there's also another design poll regarding collars and humans but that's the beside my point.

my point is the headmins should use the poll feature to ask the players on what they want because i've seen cases where for example, some player complains about some config or game options being set, a headmin goes 'ok' and decides to enable that option even though other players might not like that config or game option being enabled.

yes this is kind of late for the current headmins as their terms are ending (even though it's a possibility some of them might win again and run another term) but this is more of a note for the new headmins and to remind them that they have a poll feature.

remember, this is a democracy but for headmin term 7 i want to see a more direct democracy and perhaps other players want to see that too.

also this isn't in candy debates because it's a complaint and i want other people's opinions, like the players.
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: headmins should use the poll feature more often

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #385537

denied. democracy is a farce intended to keep people content and to prevent them from questioning what's really going on behind the curtain.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #385538

Atlanta-Ned wrote:denied. democracy is a farce intended to keep people content and to prevent them from questioning what's really going on behind the curtain.
Spoiler:
On a serious note though, I'd like to see polls used a little more around test merges so we can get better approval or disapproval measures than the really loud ones in OOC screaming about how the testmerge is broken or not.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #385657

Atlanta-Ned wrote:denied. democracy is a farce intended to keep people content and to prevent them from questioning what's really going on behind the curtain.
This but actually unironically.

The average player doesn't care about most issues that would warrant a vote (or that people think would warrant a vote), certainly not to the point that they'd go about being informed enough of both sides to consider the broader implications of them. The players that truly do care and are active enough and trustworthy enough to be informed become admins, and it's much easier to do an informal poll and discussion in adminbus than it is to run a long-ass poll on the server for every random person who logs on once every couple of weeks.

Democracy among the common players in SS13 is a complete and utter meme and people who push for it to be used more just want attention for how enlightened they are for demanding suffrage in a 2d spessmen sim.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #385664

People don’t bother to put much effort into voting irl where those decisions can actually impact their way of life why do individuals think they’re going to put effort into voting on an atmos sim?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
yorii
Github User
Byond Username: Yorpan
Github Username: yorii

Post by yorii » #385669

I don't agree, I think many players would appreciate more frequent polls to try and influence decision making regarding actual game-changing stuff.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #385696

Post proof because the last 4 years of in game votes (not the long term polls) where any option with "meme" in the name came in second place behind "Did not vote" no matter what convinces me otherwise
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #385697

When I do polls "NOOT NOOT" either wins versus the real options or comes in close enough that it's obviously disrupted the process
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #385698

where do i access previous polls?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #385710

Shaps-cloud wrote:Post proof because the last 4 years of in game votes (not the long term polls) where any option with "meme" in the name came in second place behind "Did not vote" no matter what convinces me otherwise
i'd argue that in game admin created polls are not the same as the long term polls and should not be compared despite otherwise pretty much agreeing with you
Limey wrote:its too late.