Why have loot you can't use?

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Why have loot you can't use?

Post by WarbossLincoln » #386412

I'm not 100% familiar with the situation, so correct me if I'm wrong on this. I noticed this thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15866. If I'm understanding what happened, Bubblegum can drop a blood contract which turns a player into an antag, and makes everyone else want to kill them. A player copped a dayban for using it. This item isn't like a lavastaff where you can fool around with it against monsters in theory, it has a single use. If that single use could get you banned, why is it in the game to begin with?
--Crocodillo

Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Why have loot you can't use?

Post by Okand37 » #386415

cmspano wrote:I'm not 100% familiar with the situation, so correct me if I'm wrong on this. I noticed this thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15866. If I'm understanding what happened, Bubblegum can drop a blood contract which turns a player into an antag, and makes everyone else want to kill them. A player copped a dayban for using it. This item isn't like a lavastaff where you can fool around with it against monsters in theory, it has a single use. If that single use could get you banned, why is it in the game to begin with?

Essentially in regards to the actual situation you're referring to, the individual used a blood contract on one another in which appeared to be "for no reason." The admin at the time believed that this was an unfair breach of rule 1 by causing the person to be killed with no previous IC interaction. While debates may have it one way or another, the current ruling is that this item can be used and the ban was lifted as a result.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #386505

cmspano wrote:I'm not 100% familiar with the situation, so correct me if I'm wrong on this. I noticed this thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15866. If I'm understanding what happened, Bubblegum can drop a blood contract which turns a player into an antag, and makes everyone else want to kill them. A player copped a dayban for using it. This item isn't like a lavastaff where you can fool around with it against monsters in theory, it has a single use. If that single use could get you banned, why is it in the game to begin with?
You could use it on a tator/ling to make sure the crew tries to remove them from the round
You could use it on a cult member/revhead to make the conversion antags very sad
You could (probably, i know the other items can do this and if it cant ive got something for the code suggustions thread) use it on a box and then put that box in the cargo shuttle to get a whole bunch of cargo points.

Most of bubblegum loot is pretty bad if your not antag the really useless non antags item is the bottle of blood, which makes everyone in a really large aoe want to kill eachother and gives them all chainsaws. That could easily make an entire shuttle kill eachother, and probably shouldn't be kosher for non-antags considering a robust miner could use this with decent frequency and it has the potential to really mess up a round.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #386532

just a fyi you don't even have to kill someone if they are marked red.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #386541

If someone is doing it consistently let someone know, otherwise it’s rare enough to be a non issue (and I’m sure kor will pull the stats anyways)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #386554

As a miner, I ask this constantly. Two of the three Bubblegum items are pretty much antag only. Gives miners very little reason to hunt bubblegum. The HECK armor is pretty good, but ash drake armor is nearly as good, easier to get, and has better rewards tied to it. That fistful of diamonds is a pretty nice topping, even if you end up with the lavastaff, which is useless for fighting mobs, only really useful for making land bridges across lava.

Remove Blood Contract and Bottled Mayhem. Replace with Doomguy's chainsaw or shotgun.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #386580

Or just let people use the current boss items just in moderation*

* per player
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #387057

or just realise this whole thread is based on someone not knowing the existing policy and that you *can* use this loot
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #387101

Weird. I can't beleive admins didn't know bubblegum loot can be used by non-antags.
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:As a miner, I ask this constantly. Two of the three Bubblegum items are pretty much antag only. Gives miners very little reason to hunt bubblegum. The HECK armor is pretty good, but ash drake armor is nearly as good, easier to get, and has better rewards tied to it. That fistful of diamonds is a pretty nice topping, even if you end up with the lavastaff, which is useless for fighting mobs, only really useful for making land bridges across lava.

Remove Blood Contract and Bottled Mayhem. Replace with Doomguy's chainsaw or shotgun.
They aren't antag only. You can use the blood contract if your not an antag. Kor has stated this. Same with Chaos in a Bottle i've used it countless times as a non-antag
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #387102

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:or just realise this whole thread is based on someone not knowing the existing policy and that you *can* use this loot