Antagonist reputation system

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Antagonist reputation system

Post by CPTANT » #386669

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -369786663

Why are we punishing people for playing the job they want to play?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Antagonist reputation system

Post by Grazyn » #412913

Why is this in policy if it is entirely a coder thing with no config option?

Also as I said in the PR, if the whole point is to disincentivize people from playing assistant, why not just disable their maint access or make the role less appealing in some other way instead of going through such a complex thing with so many potential drawbacks (like admins using rep reduction as a punishment)
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #412935

CPTANT wrote:Just remove the assistant role if you are just going to punish people for playing it.
You don't get punished for playing assistant, you are merely not getting rewarded.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #412943

Admins should not be using rep as a punishment, if it’s that minor that it wouldn’t incur a note or ban just press the ic button.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #412944

CPTANT wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Just remove the assistant role if you are just going to punish people for playing it.
Still valid as a learning/low-effort role. It's a very small disincentive to not play assistant. If you truly find value in the assistant role you'll still play it. If, like I imagine the majority do, you play assistant to antag role and otherwise have no responsibility instead of a small amount of responsibility, then it seems reasonable you get a bit less chance at the fun stuff.

Not contributing to the round is disincentivized now.
No, you just pick another job and do what you would have done otherwise.
The hypothesis is that admins will bolt down on greytide harder if it was coming from someone who wasn’t an assistant.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #412951

Lumbermancer wrote:
You don't get punished for playing assistant, you are merely not getting rewarded.
uninteresting semantics, playing assistant will lead to getting less antag roles than playing another role.

And yes being antag is a reward, no matter how often people will try to argue that you can have fun without being antag.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #412995

Will it though? What if it will only let everyone else get as many antags as assistants can possibly get? I mean fuck, I've never played devil or revenant yet.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #412999

CPTANT wrote:
uninteresting semantics, playing assistant will lead to getting less antag roles than playing another role.

And yes being antag is a reward, no matter how often people will try to argue that you can have fun without being antag.
"waah why can't I break shit every round this game isn't fun anymore."
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #413107

this is a config thing, it's definitly configurable
MaximumOverlizard
Byond Username: MaximumOverlizard

Post by MaximumOverlizard » #414836

Will I be punished for rolling Lawyer/AtmoTech/Assistant with my antag prefs off and idling/AFKing outright while I do other things, then actually cashing them in with only the antag types more interesting than tatorling on?

How long do antag points last, by the way, and how much does getting an antag role "Consume"? All of them, presumably?

Also, are they shared across servers?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #414930

Honestly. It's a good way to guarantee wizard. Play every round as an antag you love for like 100 rounds. When the next wizard round appears you'll have like 1000 points above everyone else and will 100 percent get it. The feature is just too easy to "game" compared to the previous one...
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #415009

Shadowflame909 wrote:Honestly. It's a good way to guarantee wizard. Play every round as an antag you love for like 100 rounds. When the next wizard round appears you'll have like 1000 points above everyone else and will 100 percent get it. The feature is just too easy to "game" compared to the previous one...
It maxes at 2x chance and resets when you roll antag.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #415132

It does incentives turning off antags you don't "really" like playing though.