Turn off mulligan

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Turn off mulligan

Post by CPTANT » #389802

It's super boring to have a wizard or blob round go over in traitor. Half the time the station gets evacuated anyway. A lot times a lot of people are dead anyway.

I see no reason why high intensity rounds like wizard should continue after the primary antagonist is gone. Starting a new round is more fun for everyone, including the people that would have gotten antag from mulligan.

Yeah maybe it results in some good round once in a while, but as a whole it is just boring and not worth the effort.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: Turn off mulligan

Post by Deitus » #389806

No
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #389810

Yeah I turn it off whenever I don't forget to.

Most admins agree with this from what I can tell, it makes the round kinda predictable.
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

Post by Limski » #389811

spessmen is boring without a threat
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #389813

Limski wrote:spessmen is boring without a threat
Which is exactly why a round should end after wizards or blobs are dead. A new round starts, people don't have to linger on a destroyed station, all the dead people can join in again and new antagonists drive the round.

Why would you keep using a round that is already completed?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #389857

CPTANT wrote:It's super boring to have a wizard or blob round go over in traitor.
Is blob round even a thing anymore?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #389909

EagleWiz wrote:
CPTANT wrote:It's super boring to have a wizard or blob round go over in traitor.
Is blob round even a thing anymore?
Ohw yeah, blobs were changed to side antags. It's still very true for wizard though.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #389983

Wizard mulligan should just spawn another wizard.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #389996

Slignerd wrote:Wizard mulligan should just spawn another wizard.
RAGIN
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #390004

I always turn mulligan off if I'm on as admin. Though I can see why, without any admin being able to intervene, the default is to have it on.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #390006

DemonFiren wrote:
Slignerd wrote:Wizard mulligan should just spawn another wizard.
RAGIN
I do this like 90% of the time. Except Ragin Mages got removed so it's Hangry Warlocks.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #390012

the trick is to spawn another wizard the second the wizard teleports to station and tell that wizard to kill the previous wizard and then just do that five times
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #390068

I played a round yesterday and after it mulliganed I got turned into a traitorling

I didn't do anything but togopal used a scrying orb and just knew immediately that i was a ling, but in the moment it just looked like sec had silently decided to cuff me and beat the shit out of me so i just left and didn't bother

i like the idea of mulligans but the fact that the wizard's toys are still there for the crew to use seems like a bad thing
Limey wrote:its too late.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #390078

Scrying orb is a broken item in general. Only a wizard should be able to use it, and even then it's questionable.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #390131

Mulligan is literally the only reason we still have wizard mode.

I agree its terrible and its just a crutch keeping wizard on life support since most wizard rounds just end up being traitor rounds and thus its not really offensive to most players.

Its a massive kick in the balls for security though, especially when you hand out guns or access just to have it used to murder you 5 seconds after the wizard dies. The fact that we punish sec for doing its job and distributing weapons to fight the wizard is just patently shit. As a bonus most wizards are far less destructive than randomly giving antag status to like 12 crew, so you feel a lot of PRIDE AND ACCOMPLISHMENT when you stop a wizard and then everything rapidly gets fucked by taters.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #390132

Oldman Robustin wrote:Mulligan is literally the only reason we still have wizard mode.
hahahahahaha what

anyways yeah i turn off mulligan in nuke ops and wizard now and then. if the wizard summons guns or some shit and it creates like 30 gun hoarding antags then i cant turn it off without cucking them though and that sucks
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #390280

Other way around Oldman, Wizard is the only reason why mulligan is still around.

Theres no point to having mulligan once blob got side-antagged
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #390672

If I'm on and awake when a mode would toggle mulligan I usually disable it.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #390729

cedarbridge wrote:If I'm on and awake when a mode would toggle mulligan I usually disable it.
So can we turn it off by default?
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #390770

What if we had a lesser wizard, who had spells that would make him more in line power level wise with a traitor. Spells that can be used with regular clothes. Then you can mix them in with traitors and lings. I think more antags that can mix in with traitors and lings could be a positive thing. Ling/Wiz rounds, Traitor/Wiz/Ling, etc. Maybe even a round with 3 or 4 of 4 different kinds of antags mixed together, all similar power level. Though this is more of an idea post but I'm responding to people talking about wizard rounds turning into mulligan traitor rounds. Hell, what about a revolution side antag. 1 Rev head with a limited number of conversions, in a round with some traitors and/or lings.
--Crocodillo

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #390796

CosmicScientist wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:If I'm on and awake when a mode would toggle mulligan I usually disable it.
So can we turn it off by default?
Yes but you'd have to convince two headmins, speaking of which:
Rustledjimm wrote:I always turn mulligan off if I'm on as admin. Though I can see why, without any admin being able to intervene, the default is to have it on.
Though I too can see at least one reason why it's on. If no admins are, we don't want an early wizard death to turn into extended with no badminnery to give players some fun.
wizard rounds end if the wizard is killed without mulligan.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #392177

So it seems no one likes mulligan? At least I don't see any posts defending it. Just turn the dumb forced lings system off. I don't want to battle lings with forcewall and fireball anyways.
► Show Spoiler