Democratic Meme Bans

ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Democratic Meme Bans

Post by ohnopigeons » #394875

Kor wrote:
EagleWiz wrote:If you start making obnoxious and overused memes against the rules you'd have to ban 80% of the server and all of the coders/admins
Where is the downside?
I propose adding a democratic vote to ban memes, taking place alongside every headmin election (to minimize voting overhead). Bans only last for a single headmin cycle and continued bans must be renewed with a new vote. Similar to headmin candidates, the meme bans in question must be proposed beforehand and subsequent discussion allowed to take place.

Meme bans need to be approved by both the majority of the player vote and the majority of the admin vote to be successful.
Spoiler:
Host has veto power?
Players who make references to banned memes are valid to other players in-game and liable to punitive administrative actions. This is functionally similar to already existing WGW and Nazi policy.

This proposal is meant to curtail undesirable player behaviors and trends and be flexible about it, while keeping the matter open to discussion and erring on the side of free speech and non-permanence. All while using already existing democratic infrastructure so this wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Please share your thoughts and opinions.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Democratic Meme Bans

Post by CitrusGender » #394885

W-what?

Democratic bans?
This has terrible implications and would lead to many people just getting banned outright for their OOC behavior.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #394887

Is this real life?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #394889

Hey pal the shed is two blocks down
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #394893

CitrusGender wrote:W-what?

Democratic bans?
This has terrible implications and would lead to many people just getting banned outright for their OOC behavior.
Players aren't being democratically banned. This basically amounts to a short-term policy vote of specific OOC references and material in game, enforcement is largely the same and built on precedent. I'm not really sure where your concern is coming from specifically.
D&B wrote:Hey pal the shed is two blocks down
This is a serious proposal. If you think it is ridiculous, please explain why.
D&B

Post by D&B » #394894

Democracy wouldn't work because you'd have people hung up on what constitutes an actual good tallying question, which will end up with six options and knowing the staff, at least two of those would be shitpost options. Then you'd have to set up time frames for who is allowed to vote (which is another can of worms) or else you're gonna have brigades coming to the server to weight heavily on decisions that they don't give a shit about either way.

Plus why would you subject headmins to the pain in the ass that is overseeing democracy about subjects they'll have to raise.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
D&B

Post by D&B » #394896

Too much drama for a minuscule reward
Spoiler:
fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #394897

ohnopigeons wrote:This is a serious proposal. If you think it is ridiculous, please explain why.
Trump won the us election

have a nice day headadmins please feel free to lock the thread
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #394898

oranges wrote:
ohnopigeons wrote:This is a serious proposal. If you think it is ridiculous, please explain why.
Trump won the us election

have a nice day headadmins please feel free to lock the thread
this is my ruling
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #394993

oh he's using meme as a noun and not as an adjective

either way I agree with arm