Does War Ops abridge the rules and roleplaying?

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Does War Ops abridge the rules and roleplaying?

Post by Lumbermancer » #398380

Bottom post of the previous page:

I'm the Head of Security. War is declared. I announce I don't really care about War Ops either way, implying rule of law is still in effect, but I'm not sure if that got through.

Usual happens, rabble forms in front of brig, demanding weapons to get their valids on. I say the Warden is in charge of the armory. Warden is not there unfortunately. I ask Captain on command channel if I should arm the crew. Unfortunately before I get answer, all access folk roll in and waltz straight into armory and begin looting.

I approach one of the looters, and order them to get the fuck out of my armory. They insult me. So I stun them, and make an attempt to gulag them. They are helped by one of my officers and are freed. Scuffle ensues, and ultimately I get kidnapped, stripped down, and put into captains locker cuffed. My goal was then to break out, find them, and kill them, but I figure it'd counterproductive and just remain in the Captains office for the remainder of the round.

OOC happens, and I'm being told I was in the wrong. That if I want to HRP with operatives (I don't) I should find the other server. That they will just kill me next time.

So, what could I do? What can one do?

Can I arrest HoP for dispensing all access without explicit approval?

Can I fire at the rabble forcing their way into the brig, and people looting armory?

Can I exercise rule 6 of Security Policy in any way?

Can I exercise a modicum of control over brig and SOP?

Can I attempt to rp in basic capacity?

Or, should War Ops be treated like a meta-game the round, and everything else goes to trash, and "give me the guns or else" people are right?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Re: Does War Ops abridge the rules and roleplaying?

Post by SpaceInaba » #399534

policy discussion is like a reality tv show
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #399654

I was unaware totally that it was posed as a literal question rather a rhetorical one. Hah. Im going to ignore you for the time being if the hint wasn't carried along thorough enough that i do not appreciate you derailing my topic in a less than one word response. (typed up before you initially posted your misguided biopsy)
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #399660

*smashes IC button*
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes