oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Why were moodlets turned off?

Post by oranges » #404651

Bottom post of the previous page:

No public discussion, no poll, nothing?

I enjoy this feature a lot and I think it adds a lot to the round. People who don't like can take the trait that minimises it's impact.

Please turn it back on or at least attempt to be transparent with changes you're making
Last edited by oranges on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Why were moodlets turned off?

Post by BeeSting12 » #405216

spessmen do not have feelings.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #405226

Worth nothing there's no actual negative moodlet for toolboxing someone and I don't think the plan was to actually have one

Maybe we can agree to stick to negative moodlets that would objectively aggravate anyone. Such as missing a leg, starving or embarrassingly slipping on a banana peel. The other more subjective moodlets can be relegated to negative and positive traits that can better shape your spessman's character, such as hemophobia causing you to be disturbed by blood or a psychopath trait that actually gives you a mood boost.

If you want to live as a space hobo you can still do that by taking the appropriate traits.
Shadowflame909 wrote:Like feeling bad that your going hungry when your running away from an ash drake who's 3 seconds away from smiting your ass with his body.
How is this an argument against moodlets when you'd be in the exact same situation with regular hunger slowdown

If anything the great thing about sanity slowdown is that it can (potentially, there's still plenty of positive moodlets missing that should be present but aren't in yet) be counteracted in more ways than just eating like with hunger slowdown. Be it drinking yourself stupid, injecting yourself with chems or just taking some time to do some positive activities.
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #405233

You don't get a negative moodlet for toolboxing someone but you get it if their blood splashes on the floor thus soiling the room. Spessmen are literally psychos
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #405261

Kor wrote:"Actually the system is good because its consequences are meaningless and if you realize the alerts don't matter the alert wont bother you" is such a bizarre way to praise moodlets.
I wasn't even praising them, I was saying how retarded you'd have to be to want to completely disable them because "muh frowny face."

>If something is rapidly flashing from blue to green to yellow to red on my screen and I'm not actually supposed to give it the attention

Only this is not what is happening the incredibly vast majority of the time. You're exaggerating this to a wild extreme when all you have to do is not look at the fucking icon. It rarely even changes much at all except for when you're hungry, and I'd argue that the hunger alert is much more immediately noticable.

You've latched on to the most inconsequential, subjective, personal "issue" with moodlets (which is actually an issue of your own that you've attributed to moodlets themselves) and just won't drop it as your primary argument against the rest of the entire system as a whole. It's stupid, pedantic, and frankly kind of frustrating.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #405275

I have made probably dozens of posts about moodlets between this and the feedback thread about various issues I have with the system.

And out of those 300 posts from various people you decided my dislike of the UI was the thing you needed to pick a fight about and insult over, and then I'm "latching on" for responding to you about the thing you brought up?

Did I offend you recently or something?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #405312

No sorry I got heated and that was disproportionately aggressive
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #405314

So in the future, how do we prevent "Fun" features being turned off but encourage "Lame" features like moodlets which added nothing and were little more then an annoyance?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #405348

this is going nowhere