Taking Job Slots to Antag Roll

Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Taking Job Slots to Antag Roll

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #405541

Is there a policy on people who take job slots that aren't assistant, only to either roll for antag or not do their job? I know a few people (one in particular) who every round will play the same job (atmospheric tech) but if they don't roll antag they either ghost or just do random grief not making any effort whatsoever to do even basic setup for their job, usually doing some really obnoxious tide shit like vomit on every hallway tile or fill the halls with glass. When they do roll antagonist they exclusively do atmospheric sabotage and nothing else.

I've complained about this consistent behavior but they've told me to make a policy thread since they can't ban for it.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Taking Job Slots to Antag Roll

Post by Dax Dupont » #405596

Excessive antag rolling is bannable already. Just ahelp it when it happens since there's usually 300 things going on and we don't notice it most of the time.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #405599

If its too frequent its already against the rules as far as Im aware, like Dax said
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #405604

this sounds more like a ban request disguised as a policy discussion. everyone knows this is already against the rules, make an admin complaint if someones not enforcing them
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #405605

I was told ad verbatim to "Ask a head admin on the forums since they can't ban for it" so I thought a policy thread would get a pretty clear statement from a head admin
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #405632

It's not allowed and it will never be allowed.

The only question is the punishment and the proof. It's a bit difficult to prove and requires watchlisting, but yes it is bannable.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #405674

Though it is something we expressly do not allow and have noted and banned people for in the past it's not actually something stated in the rules.

If any admins were unaware of this I'll be sure to note to them otherwise.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #405686

you should add it to the rules
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #405688

Well I think we need to be clearer here

Taking a job slot to antag roll and then not doing anything is clearly a problem and can probably easily be proven and banned for (if not just antag banning them)

taking a job slot, not getting antag and then spending the rest of the round doing greytide/random shit is a much more grey area, as far as I am aware we've only ever required people in head roles or team antags to play seriously. Taking a role like atmos tech is hardly a real problem, it'll take about 30 minutes for anything to even go wrong in the standard airloop and the AI can set it all up, as can anyone with half a brain, on the other hand, constant greytiding is also line toeing (although making that ban stick is like solving a rubiks cube with no hands)

I don't think we should be in such a haste to run about changing policy on that otherwise a tonne of people are going to net engineer/atmos bans
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #405699

>check crew manifest
>3 engineers
>nothing is done to the engine

when can this be bannable
I play Boris Pepper.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #405711

Bluespace wrote:>check crew manifest
>3 engineers

It's acceptable if solars is set up though. I don't like setting up the supermatter so I do solars.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #406163

oranges wrote:Well I think we need to be clearer here

Taking a job slot to antag roll and then not doing anything is clearly a problem and can probably easily be proven and banned for (if not just antag banning them)

taking a job slot, not getting antag and then spending the rest of the round doing greytide/random shit is a much more grey area, as far as I am aware we've only ever required people in head roles or team antags to play seriously. Taking a role like atmos tech is hardly a real problem, it'll take about 30 minutes for anything to even go wrong in the standard airloop and the AI can set it all up, as can anyone with half a brain, on the other hand, constant greytiding is also line toeing (although making that ban stick is like solving a rubiks cube with no hands)

I don't think we should be in such a haste to run about changing policy on that otherwise a tonne of people are going to net engineer/atmos bans
if it's such a braindead task then players should have no problem spending the 2 minutes required to get it done before they go grief and suicide by cop in their antag rolling.

Since greytiding excessively is usually an assistant ban, you should be required to at least make the bare minimum attempt to do your job before you fuck off, I say.

and yeah I'd like to see some people net engineer bans too, don't waste the job slot and go braindead while the supermatter explodes in 20 minutes and most people lack access
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #406217

Bluespace wrote:>check crew manifest
>3 engineers

Maybe you should deal with your problems IC instead of leaning on admins to resolve every conflict :)
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #406218

breaking into engineering is child's play lol
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #406258

oranges wrote:Well I think we need to be clearer here

Assuming they're doing the latter (the former is bannable) just kick the shit out of them for tiding. Either they cut it out and do their job or you both have a heated rivalry all round where you try to dunk each other, either is good. Or they ahelp they dindu nuffin and get banned. Really there's no bad outcome.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #406274

If you don't roll antag and don't want to do your job you can always ask the HoP to make you an assistant