The naming policy IS DUMB

MathFan
Byond Username: FunnyMan2003

The naming policy IS DUMB

Post by MathFan » #406408

Bottom post of the previous page:

So recently I've been asked by admins to change the name of a character "Nyanaroni An'Cheese" because it breaks the naming rule, however I don't see how this does and I believe it falls under minimum effort not excessively OOC. I was told I'm not the only person this applies to despite the fact that another catgirl player Cup Cake is able to keep their name? I've never heard anyone named Cup. At least mine could be argued to be spaceage gibberish. I know that the user who plays Cup Cake was banned for refusing to change the name before, but they were unbanned and continue to play the character. Either you let all slightly stupid names through or you don't. Smell testes are unfair and the rules need to be updated regarding names and enforced on EVERYONE, because smell tests clearly aren't working.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: The naming policy IS DUMB

Post by Lazengann » #408150

captain sawrge wrote:
Lazengann wrote:t. Reginald Spessmen
Yeah thats what I mean its a fucking stupid policy I've had that dumbass name for like six years and no one has said a word to me but something equally stupid isn't allowed because ??? so everyone just tries to brainstorm where the line is but there is no line it's just at the whim of the admin it's so incredibly inconsistent and stupid to even bother trying to enforce that it's pointless.

OOC names are covered by no OOC in IC. Why does it need to extend further beyond that? Every time we have this thread it's an endless cycle of "this is good and this is bad and these arbitrary standards are actually VERY EASY if you use common sense by reading my mind GOD its so SIMPLE"
these threads are just good fun
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #408151

DemonFiren wrote:Grazyn, while ignorant, is probably deliberately feigning utter cluelessness in order to make you lose your shit, thus lose the argument, thus increase the chances of those cancerous names staying.
You chiming in on the side of fetish haters is the real funny thing
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #408154

Because this is a thread about names, not fetishes.

Fuck it i'm out, you have to be doing this intentionally. There's no way someone can be this dense.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #408159

A blurred line for the rule is good in this case. Helps keep normal names the norm and pun/joke names minimal but not extinct.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #408161

A blurred line is easier to toe, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #408164

Grazyn wrote:I have no doubt whatsoever that those denouncing Cup Cake and using Nyanaroni as an argument don't care about naming policy and are just the usual anti-cat circlejerk
Have you looked at my forum avatar?
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #408166

Lazengann wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
Lazengann wrote:t. Reginald Spessmen
Yeah thats what I mean its a fucking stupid policy I've had that dumbass name for like six years and no one has said a word to me but something equally stupid isn't allowed because ??? so everyone just tries to brainstorm where the line is but there is no line it's just at the whim of the admin it's so incredibly inconsistent and stupid to even bother trying to enforce that it's pointless.

OOC names are covered by no OOC in IC. Why does it need to extend further beyond that? Every time we have this thread it's an endless cycle of "this is good and this is bad and these arbitrary standards are actually VERY EASY if you use common sense by reading my mind GOD its so SIMPLE"
these threads are just good fun
entirely fair :o
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #408216

DemonFiren wrote:A blurred line is easier to toe, though.
If that were true we wouldn't be here. People are begging for a more definite line so they know where to toe it.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #408244

I miss BIG FAGGOT tbh

Also trying to autistically enforce your own vision of what names are going to be in a space station full of psychopaths in the far future is fucking stupid and you should all feel bad about it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #408245

Grazyn wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Grazyn, while ignorant, is probably deliberately feigning utter cluelessness in order to make you lose your shit, thus lose the argument, thus increase the chances of those cancerous names staying.
You chiming in on the side of fetish haters is the real funny thing
No, he's one of the people who's all for the mutant race fetish stuff, it's just that even he can see that Nyanaroni An'Cheese is pants on head retarded
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #408250

itt: grayzn doesn't understand that you can agree on some things and completely unrelated to those things disagree on others
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #408390

I think we can all agree Ostrava of Nanotrasen is a bad rp name :^)))))))
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #408395

Cobby wrote:I think we can all agree Ostrava of Nanotrasen is a bad rp name :^)))))))
Yeah almost as bad as Lola Cobblestone lmfao
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #408396

Clearly people cannot be trusted with names.

We will remove names.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #408398

This thread has accomplished absolutely nothing just like all the other naming policy threads. Naming policy is enforced at the individual admin's discretion and that's unlikely to change. Admin complaints and ban appeals are for when you think a ruling on it is unfair. Just get special headmin permission if an admin yells at you for an okay name.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #408420

This thread has accomplished absolutely nothing just like all the other naming policy threads.
If/when the headmins decide on a new naming policy they are welcome to reopen this.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #408595

How about in the meantime we can just like make a note or something so people's names are decidedly safe or not so people don't get hit multiple times if their name is questionable