Higher Standards for Head of Personnel

Should we require the HoP to adhere to a code of conduct?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Yes, as a Head of Staff the HoP should be focused on helping the station.
23%
23%
23%
No, the HoP should be free to give out access and assign jobs however they wish.
10%
No, the HoP should be free to give out access and assign jobs however they wish.
10%
10%

Total votes: 201

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Higher Standards for Head of Personnel

Post by Timbrewolf » #40340

Bottom post of the previous page:

I started a discussion in secret adminbus subforum centered around our lax standards for behavior and job conduct for our Heads of Personnel.

It boils down to this: A HoP exercises a lot of authority over the station and can very easily throw a wrench into other departments, or give Security hordes of new trespassers to chase after. We don't currently hold them accountable for anything anyone does with the access they've been granted, nor do we require them to confer with other heads of staff before giving people access to their areas. Since I've been back I've witnessed a lot of HoP behavior I think detracts from the game, and I've seen more than enough cries in OOC of "Why isn't this guy Jobbanned?" to think something should change.

I'd like to conduct a survey of the playerbase to make sure it's a sentiment mirrored in the playerbase as well before we get too far along in talking about how we can deal with it.

A simple yes/no vote is fine. Please don't post "Oh yeah SO AND SO is a terrible asshole ban he". I don't want this to devolve into a bunch of ad hom attacks and defenses. Thank you.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Re: Higher Standards for Head of Personnel

Post by Falamazeer » #59732

I always said that other heads should have some form of ID console power, at least to remove those access's in their specific department.
Cmo should be able to remove medbay access from a doctor (Or the clown when he is given all access)
HoS should be able to remove armory/sec access from an assistant (Or more likely, captain clown)
etc etc
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #59733

Falamazeer wrote:I always said that other heads should have some form of ID console power, at least to remove those access's in their specific department.
Cmo should be able to remove medbay access from a doctor (Or the clown when he is given all access)
HoS should be able to remove armory/sec access from an assistant (Or more likely, captain clown)
etc etc
They do. For many months now. There's even an ID console on the bridge they can use.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #59995

I've been a gone for a bit, My bad.
Still, doesn't seem to be being used.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #60083

HoP is such a stressful job at roundstart, but once they've assigned like 10 jobs and no one asks for any they usually fuck off. Every HoP that gave me sec access asked the HoS first( then I got 3 implants wtf). If they can't give themselves all-access, give anyone else all-access, it'll be pretty easy to meta that the HoP is bad and/or working together with someone who may also be bad. I think it's fine as it is.