Config Change: Nuclear Operative Chance

Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Config Change: Nuclear Operative Chance

Post by Hathkar » #429244

So with the large amount of suicides during nuke ops, and a policy thread related to that, what if we simply reduced the chance nuke ops can spawn?

All Game Mode Odds:
traitorchan 7.1%
traitor 33.3%
nuclear 19%
cult 9.5%
secret_extended 4.8%
revolution 14.3%
wizard 11.9%

Surely nuclear could be bumped down to 10% or so? Traitor could be bumped up a bit, as it seems to be the most popular gamemode. Every 1/5 games seems a tad much, and war seems to be declared 50% of the time or more.

Basically: Less nuke ops, more traitor/traitorchan.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Re: Config Change: Nuclear Operative Chance

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #429259

The bigger problem is how often people do War Ops, people do it basically for the meme now.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #429264

I wouldn't mind having it kicked down to about 10% tbh
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #429278

delete the war ops beacon at roundstart
I play Boris Pepper.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #429296

Remember that the Game Odds from Check Server Revision scales depending on population and that it may not be as simple as "lower it to about 10%"

Headmins will have to chime in with how it's listed in the config, I believe it uses weights?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #429301

Nuke ops is too often for how short those round get. put the extra percentages in extended or something.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #429310

Nuke op shouldn't be more than wizard. I'd be in favor of dropping Ops and Wiz to a flat 10% and add those points directly to Traitor. If they're weighted based on server pop I'd say make it so that on high pop Nuke Ops/Wiz have around 10% chance. I dunno how the pop based weighting mechanics work.
--Crocodillo

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #429316

Nuke ops themselves aren't even that bad, it's just that war ops is fucking aids and causes everyone to suicide.
I play Boris Pepper.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #429379

War ops is the opposite of fun for the crew, it is stressful and frustrating for many people involved and as soon as the ops arrive a bunch of people will just die instantly. Nuke ops in general is not very fun for the crew because it's 20 minutes of nothing followed by mad panic and then the round is over before the 30 minute mark. It is a nice change of pace from traitor, but reducing the odds of it happening wouldn't be a bad idea. War ops could be removed, but that makes a lot of the more expensive gear basically unobtainable, which isn't as interesting.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #429385

subject217 wrote:War ops is the opposite of fun for the crew, it is stressful and frustrating for many people involved and as soon as the ops arrive a bunch of people will just die instantly. Nuke ops in general is not very fun for the crew because it's 20 minutes of nothing followed by mad panic and then the round is over before the 30 minute mark. It is a nice change of pace from traitor, but reducing the odds of it happening wouldn't be a bad idea. War ops could be removed, but that makes a lot of the more expensive gear basically unobtainable, which isn't as interesting.

Outside the realm of this topic but what if war-ops kept the delay, gave a reduced TC payout, but gave no GIANT ROUNDSTART MESSAGE stating the roundtype.

Fluff it as the syndicate scrounging up more support for the operatives.

Might make war-ops a more interesting choice. Do you attack quickly and catch the crew unprepared, or do you wait a bit and fight a crew with more stuff unlocked from natural round progression.
subject217
Github User

Post by subject217 » #429386

People would just declare war every time, or never at all. If you make the delay long enough to be meaningful (I'd say at least 30 minutes) it becomes incredibly boring for the people playing, who are basically twiddling their thumbs for 20 minutes so that they can kill the crew with extra TCs. The vast majority of players do not rush to develop maximum gamer validhunt gear the moment the round starts. The crew doesn't really get much stronger until more like the 50 minute mark, and at that point a bunch of people are dead or braindead anyway.
subject217
Github User

Post by subject217 » #429541

it's not necessarily about war ops reducing any roleplay pretense (although I do agree that it does that)

war ops is pretty fun for the nukies and it's nice to have a whole fuckload of tcs to spend on extremely expensive stuff

as i've said already regular nuke ops isn't that much more fun for the crew anyway, at least war ops let you know it's a joke round nice and early so you don't waste your time
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #429580

Simply making everyone on the team have to war to enable it would curb it severely (so long as we tell people to not retaliate if someone decides not to war).

I can’t count how many times ops wouldn’t have warred if it wasn’t for one guy
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current