Add Adminhelping Guidelines to the Rules

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Add Adminhelping Guidelines to the Rules

Post by BeeSting12 » #433827

I don't like adding to the rules since it's already really long for a free game but I think these would help reduce the amount of "Adminhelp: Hey just got killed, valid?" and banbait-like ahelps that occur on the server. This is about what it would look like on the wiki, rewording suggestions are of course welcome along with any other guidelines but these four should about cover it.
Adminhelping Guidelines
These guidelines should be used when adminhelping to speed up the ticket's resolution and provide the admin the information he/she needs to resolve the ticket.

1. Be specific when adminhelping: Include as many of the following as possible: Who, What, Where, Why, and How. This information will reduce follow up questions and cause the ticket to get resolved faster.

2. Be upfront with admins about interactions with the ahelped player(s). At best, not being upfront will waste the admin's time, other players' time, and your time. At worst, not being upfront can get you banned for ban baiting. Lying is generally treated very harshly, so don't lie either.

3. Adminhelp at the time of the incident, not after the round has ended. Waiting to see if the player is an antagonist is not an excuse- it takes five seconds for an admin to check if the player is an antagonist or not.

4. Adminhelps should be handled on the server, not discord or another channel of communication.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Add Adminhelping Guidelines to the Rules

Post by Stickymayhem » #433929

Honestly the real problem is too many admins just let any ahelp through so the quality of ahelps has hit rock bottom. I'm guilty of this too because it ends up being quicker in the short term to ask people what the fuck is going on.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #434020

I used to just autoreject them but it gets tiring dealing with "that was rude" from both players and admins.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #434027

I still reject
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #434306

this is why you're the man in the relationship
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #434413

I just hit reject almost all the time when the ticket is just IS THIS VALID or other nonsensical tickets.