War ops and shuttle hunting

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Game Master, In-Game Head Admins

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
User avatar
CreationPro
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby CreationPro » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:44 am #438383

Would be cool if you could anchor the nuke without having the disk.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.

Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
Image

IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote:i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay


Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.

<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.

Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.

Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;



User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby iksyp » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:55 am #438412

Pizzatiger wrote:
iksyp wrote:
leibniz wrote:
iksyp wrote:


do you honestly think you can hide the nuke in maint in highpop? in war?

yes


The nuke would NEVER be safe. There would be like 5 guys running around space looking for the shuttle to steal the nuke that way and then there would be another 20 guys combing maintenance for the nuke. There is only so many places you can hide the nuke in maintenance.

wow it's almost like you'd have to actively keep it safe to win instead of leaving it in a corner and forgetting about it until you find disk
hello how are you

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:20 am #438427

You guys are dumb just put the nuke behind a wall somewhere in maint and its over
Nobody actually checks spots like the basketball room
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Luke Cox
 
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:52 am
Location: Prisoner Transfer Room
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Luke Cox » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:21 am #438438

The absolute state of ops in 2018
Image

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby WarbossLincoln » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:50 pm #438822

iksyp wrote:
Pizzatiger wrote:
iksyp wrote:
leibniz wrote:
iksyp wrote:


do you honestly think you can hide the nuke in maint in highpop? in war?

yes


The nuke would NEVER be safe. There would be like 5 guys running around space looking for the shuttle to steal the nuke that way and then there would be another 20 guys combing maintenance for the nuke. There is only so many places you can hide the nuke in maintenance.

wow it's almost like you'd have to actively keep it safe to win instead of leaving it in a corner and forgetting about it until you find disk


Yeh, it's totally good game design to tell a guy who won the antag lottery that he doesn't get to play this round. Just sit there with the nuke in case someone comes to the shuttle.
--Crocodillo

Image

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby iksyp » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 pm #438842

WarbossLincoln wrote:
iksyp wrote:
Pizzatiger wrote:
iksyp wrote:
leibniz wrote:
iksyp wrote:


do you honestly think you can hide the nuke in maint in highpop? in war?

yes


The nuke would NEVER be safe. There would be like 5 guys running around space looking for the shuttle to steal the nuke that way and then there would be another 20 guys combing maintenance for the nuke. There is only so many places you can hide the nuke in maintenance.

wow it's almost like you'd have to actively keep it safe to win instead of leaving it in a corner and forgetting about it until you find disk


Yeh, it's totally good game design to tell a guy who won the antag lottery that he doesn't get to play this round. Just sit there with the nuke in case someone comes to the shuttle.

yes because that's clearly the winning strategy i was talking about despite the fact that i was replying to a post about keeping the nuke safe off shuttle

did you even fucking read it lmao
hello how are you

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Nabski » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:14 pm #438855

iksyp wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:
iksyp wrote:
Pizzatiger wrote:
iksyp wrote:
leibniz wrote:
iksyp wrote:


do you honestly think you can hide the nuke in maint in highpop? in war?

yes


The nuke would NEVER be safe. There would be like 5 guys running around space looking for the shuttle to steal the nuke that way and then there would be another 20 guys combing maintenance for the nuke. There is only so many places you can hide the nuke in maintenance.

wow it's almost like you'd have to actively keep it safe to win instead of leaving it in a corner and forgetting about it until you find disk


Yeh, it's totally good game design to tell a guy who won the antag lottery that he doesn't get to play this round. Just sit there with the nuke in case someone comes to the shuttle.

yes because that's clearly the winning strategy i was talking about despite the fact that i was replying to a post about keeping the nuke safe off shuttle

did you even fucking read it lmao

Spoiler:
I just wanted to join the quote pyramid
. Taking the shuttle is the bait choice, true operatives initiate STEEL RAIN and carry the nuke behind them at all times.

User avatar
Luke Cox
 
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:52 am
Location: Prisoner Transfer Room
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Luke Cox » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:19 am #438948

It's a shame you can't just have one op leave while the rest guard the nuke
Image

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby leibniz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:26 am #438962

we should revamp nuke so the ops guard the nuke on a syndicate base z-level and build traps while the crew tries to invade it and steal the nuke
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Dr_bee » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:47 pm #439092

leibniz wrote:we should revamp nuke so the ops guard the nuke on a syndicate base z-level and build traps while the crew tries to invade it and steal the nuke


Oddly enough goonstation did something like this, they turned it into a plant and defend mission, ops get a location on the station to plant the bomb and defend it, crew has to destroy or disarm the nuke.

Disk reduces the timer if I recall correctly. It solved the problem of the entire mode being reliant on a competent captain and would solve the problem of people attacking the shuttle. There is no point in attacking the shuttle if the nuke is on station anyway.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Cobby » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:10 pm #439263

I wouldn’t buy someone wanting to “explore space” but lingers on the outskirts of the station z level.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby iksyp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:55 pm #439315

Dr_bee wrote:
leibniz wrote:we should revamp nuke so the ops guard the nuke on a syndicate base z-level and build traps while the crew tries to invade it and steal the nuke


Oddly enough goonstation did something like this, they turned it into a plant and defend mission, ops get a location on the station to plant the bomb and defend it, crew has to destroy or disarm the nuke.

Disk reduces the timer if I recall correctly. It solved the problem of the entire mode being reliant on a competent captain and would solve the problem of people attacking the shuttle. There is no point in attacking the shuttle if the nuke is on station anyway.

de_ntss13
hello how are you

User avatar
Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Space outside the Brig
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:55 pm #439507

leibniz wrote:we should revamp nuke so the ops guard the nuke on a syndicate base z-level and build traps while the crew tries to invade it and steal the nuke



I assume that that's a dig at clock cult, probbably the second most hated gamemode on /tg/ ever after Robustin Gangs
Image
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Cobby » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:52 pm #439599

Bring back old CC and tell Joan she can only make one balance change a month on it and it will not be trash
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Nabski » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 pm #439684

Is joan still allowed to always be the first scarab?

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Nilons » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:47 am #439691

shuttle hunting is unfun and powergamey
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby iksyp » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 am #439715

Nilons wrote:shuttle hunting is unfun and powergamey

ops is also powergamey what's your point here
hello how are you

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Toronto88 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:52 pm #439789

Just make the shuttle invisible and untouchable to anyone but nuclear operationals if we're not gonna allow people to hunt down the shuttle of people who announce "we are coming, via shuttle, to kill all of you"
Image
Image

User avatar
Luke Cox
 
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:52 am
Location: Prisoner Transfer Room
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Luke Cox » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:59 pm #439798

The mental gymnastics you have to go through to justify not hunting down the shuttle IC is really quite something
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Cobby » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:16 am #439832

"You're not suppose to actively search for it because it creates an unenjoyable atmosphere for the people who are suppose to drive the conflict of the round on a consistent basis. Thanks current game limitations!" wasn't very hard to come up with in a minute or two.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby somerandomguy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:22 am #439853

Cobby wrote:"You're not suppose to actively search for it because it creates an unenjoyable atmosphere for the people who are suppose to drive the conflict of the round on a consistent basis. Thanks current game limitations!" wasn't very hard to come up with in a minute or two.

Luke Cox wrote:The mental gymnastics you have to go through to justify not hunting down the shuttle IC is really quite something

[common] Grey McTide says: "Why can't we hunt the shuttle again?"
[common] John Doe says: [cobby's post]
*BWOINK*

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Toronto88 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 am #439859

Cobby wrote:"You're not suppose to actively search for it because it creates an unenjoyable atmosphere for the people who are suppose to drive the conflict of the round on a consistent basis. Thanks current game limitations!" wasn't very hard to come up with in a minute or two.


"You're not suppose to actively implant random crew members during a revolution round because it creates an unenjoyable atmosphere for the people who are suppose to drive the conflict of the round on a consistent basis. Thanks current game limitations!" wasn't very hard to come up with in a minute or two.


:neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh: :neigh:

Better yet, this reminds me of a round I had here a couple of days ago where the HoP and a bunch of cyborgs were going around mass producing all access IDs and leaving them lying in public spaces. Anyone who picked up these IDs which were created by the heads and silicons was immediately and wordlessly murdered by the HoS. I personally was chased by the HoS for about 5 minutes before I stopped while he had a gun drawn to ask "why are you chasing me?"

Instead of responding, he guns me down and then stuffs my corpse in a locker. He never said a word during this. I ahelped to ask why the HoS had done this and the admins informed me that I had an all access ID and was therefore liable to be permabrigged. Confused, I asked how being brutally murdered and stuffed in a locker was comparable to being put in the brig and they said "well it's basically the same thing." It was weird because in the permabrig I could grow crops, talk to the AI, or other things to keep me busy but while my mangled corpse was stuffed in a locker all I could do was be dead and stuffed in a locker.

"You're supposed to wordlessly murder crew who pick up IDs the cyborgs bring to them, and stuff them into lockers, during a round because it doesn't create an unenjoyable atmosphere for the people who are suppose to drive the the round on a consistent basis. Thanks current game limitations!"

But somehow using an avenue of attack against antagonists who publicly announce "We are coming in a shuttle to your station to kill all of you" should not be permitted because it makes the round "unenjoyable". It is ok though for one head to hand out IDs which another head will murder you for having without any semblance of a trial or even explaining why they are chasing you with a laser gun.

This is like saying crew shouldn't actively hunt for changelings absorbing people in maint when they find out there are lings onboard, because it could make the round unenjoyable and stop the changelings (WHO ARE THE DRIVERS OF THE ROUND'S CONFLICT, I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW!!!) from creating conflict for the crew.

If it is so unenjoyable that the crew is able to attack the syndicate ship, either make the syndicate ship not exist or build it out of indestructible walls/airlocks that can only be opened by someone with syndicate antagonist status. That way no one will be able to interact with the ship even if they do find it, and then the round won't be unenjoyable.
Image
Image

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby Arianya » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:57 am #439867

I think this thread has gone around long enough and we've had a good spread of opinions.

The policy as it currently stands, that the crew cannot hunt down the shuttle or "find" it without following an op, is understandably not ideal from a game design point of view but at the end of the day we enforce policy for what makes the game most fun for the majority of people. As a result I'm going to say this policy will remain in place. Do not attack the nuclear operative shuttle unless you follow an operative there or are led there by the pinpointer.

As always, this may be revised if code changes make this rule superfluous or unnecessary, but I can't bank on those.

Any other headmin may post.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 am
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: War ops and shuttle hunting

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:19 pm #552510

To anyone reading this in the future: this policy has been revised. Hunting for and attacking the Syndicate nuclear operative shuttle is now allowed, as highly lethal greytider-ventilating heavy turrets have been added to the shuttle in the interim.

Previous

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users