Punishments For Refusing Captain's Orders

Godzillan
Byond Username: Godzillan

Punishments For Refusing Captain's Orders

Post by Godzillan » #442084

About 6 months ago I had a captain round, forgot most of what happened other than I saw a lizard running around naked which I found utterly degenerate, so I detained him, forced him to put clothes on, and told him if he took the clothes off and continued running around naked he would be gulagged. I see him a few minutes later running around naked so I follow through on my promise and put him in the gulag, telling him he would face harsher punishments if he came out of the gulag in the nude. Some time later he's out of the gulag in the nude, and at this point I've had about enough of this poopstain and his disgusting ways, so I detain him one last time, chop his head off with my sabre, take his brain and bring it to robotics for him to be borged, fitting I guess because a borg will never be naked or a lizard. I get an admin PM telling me to be less hasty to execute/force borg people for small things like this and I guess it was a warning though I don't believe I go a note from it so don't confuse this as me being mad I got told off by the admins.

So where I'm going with this is, where does one draw the line with how harshly the captain can punish people for refusing reasonable demands, no matter how small the consequences of refusing said orders are? I did, after all, specifically lay out the consequence for refusing my orders, which were easy to follow and in no way would meaningfully alter the rest of the lizard's round.
[youtube]c4TvNTn8WFM[/youtube]
I joined security just to kill f*rries.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: Punishments For Refusing Captain's Orders

Post by WarbossLincoln » #442099

HAH, Until I finished your post I thought you were talking about me. I've had a few rounds a long time ago where sec/captain repeatedly came after me for not wearing clothes but I was never executed for it so it wasn't me in this story.

I think execution for refusing to follow the captain's orders, especially over something like clothing, is shit when it's not red alert. I think increasingly high gulag points is good. Having sec kick his ass a little is good. Sec not responding to reports of the crew kicking his ass is good.

This is also something that the captain really doesn't need to be involved with to that depth. Maybe haul him in once but have Sec do their jobs and deal with the lizard.
--Crocodillo

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #442147

even in red alert it's shit. If you're in red alert then the least of your concerns should be the nude lizard.

Captain can certainly be a bit more creative than running a "benign crime is now executable lol!" event.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #442150

Cobby wrote:even in red alert it's shit. If you're in red alert then the least of your concerns should be the nude lizard.

Captain can certainly be a bit more creative than running a "benign crime is now executable lol!" event.
jaywalking.
is.
now.
illegal.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #442152

execution
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #442230

toss them in a locked room with a spacesuit and internals

instruct the AI to siphon the room

they'll get dressed or perish
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #442246

I think it depends on whether or not the order is reasonable

killing someone because they didn't dance when you told them to is different from killing someone because you told them to stop trying to steal the RDs shit
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #442249

definitely case by case. if the captain says "get the fuck out of the bridge right now or i swear to god" and you dont get out of the bridge, that captain can kill you. if the captain says "no opening airlocks or i'll order the AI to kill you" and subverts the AI, that captain should be banned.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #445177

The captain’s orders tend to have more weight than other heads of staff. He’s the highest authority on the station, after all. It’s difficult, though, to make broad generalizations about to what extent this allows for the captain to order the crew around. It’s entirely case-by-case. Be aware that orders you give as a captain, despite their influence, aren’t justification to kill/main/permabrig someone without good cause. Exercise caution when using these orders are justification for such things, because it had better have been for a good reason.