Racial slurs

Dr_XField
Byond Username: Dr_XField

Racial slurs

Post by Dr_XField » #446840

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why are people allowed to say nigger on here? it makes no sense and should be changed. Im not even black but my character is and its really annoying and shouldn't be tolerated at all.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Racial slurs

Post by Lumbermancer » #447594

>4chan based server
I mean you can say nigger but don't make it about some kind of a heritage, because /tg/ servers always played second fiddle to /vg/ servers, and were considered the normie ones.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #447597

This would go nowhere.
There would be 10x more backlash against punishments for slurs than when cat people were added.

I'm mixed, and just about every slur we see here every day can be directed at me.
I don't like it, but there's no point in getting upset about it.
We're a 4chan server, there's going to be a ton of edgelords and some genuine racists.

The backlash from trying to wrangle in the language players can use is simply not worth the trouble.

That's just the way it is.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #447620

MrAlphonzo wrote:This would go nowhere.
There would be 10x more backlash against punishments for slurs than when cat people were added.

I'm mixed, and just about every slur we see here every day can be directed at me.
We're a 4chan server, there's going to be a ton of edgelords and some genuine racists.

The backlash from trying to wrangle in the language players can use is simply not worth the trouble.

t. the biggest arab ape nigger in chicongo
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Complaint

Post by Dax Dupont » #447625

Screemonster wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:Just make people screaming nigger in IC valid and the problem resolves itself like talking mimes being valid again.
the problem with that is that some people like to make themselves valid and hide just to rile up the crew, unless you mean also making them valid for admins to dunk on 'cause that shit's hilarious when people complain about it

"REEEEEEEE I ONLY READ WGW FIFTY TIMES OVER COMMS AND THE ADMIN DELETED ME IT WAS IC IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED IC"
both really
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #447646

It's not the admins' jobs to police language, that's a huge waste of time and time better spent to resolving issues that actually impact the round
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #447681

Anonmare wrote:It's not the admins' jobs to police language, that's a huge waste of time and time better spent to resolving issues that actually impact the round
If it gets excessive it should be an admin issue. Honestly just having a rule that says "yo its up to admin's discretion so fucking use it at your own risk" would be enough to curb the more assholish uses of it.

Racial slurs are shitty comedy, being edgy has never been funny and is usually a sign of an immature person.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #447705

Dr_bee wrote:
Anonmare wrote:It's not the admins' jobs to police language, that's a huge waste of time and time better spent to resolving issues that actually impact the round
If it gets excessive it should be an admin issue. Honestly just having a rule that says "yo its up to admin's discretion so fucking use it at your own risk" would be enough to curb the more assholish uses of it.

Racial slurs are shitty comedy, being edgy has never been funny and is usually a sign of an immature person.
i'm gonna say it
i'm gonna say the n-word
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #447706

roody-poo candy-ass
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #447712

It's really interchangeable with any other vast multitude of throwaway insults someone can stutter in your direction after being tased, so I don't see a point in trying to mind-read some Rule 1 breaking behavior out of a word you might be taking too seriously. Just chuckle and zap them again.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #447713

op has to be bamboozling us
right
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #447722

I told you guys not to admin this dude
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #447754

It should NOT be up to admin discretion, we don't need the arguments that would make
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Complaint

Post by ShadowDimentio » #447797

oranges wrote:did a goon player get lost on the way home?
Yes. Fuck outta here with this "I DON'T LIKE WORDS, ADMINS???" bullshit. Grow a pair, faggot.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #447821

pubby wrote:roody-poo candy-ass
look at this oldfag
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #447835

Dr_bee wrote:

We already ban people for excessive use of racism when it goes from saying "ligger" a bunch to lol it's a captain makes a concentration camp for lizards! event.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #447856

honestly though if someone's spamming slurs over the radio or running around screaming nigger at people just file those sorts of actions under "a stupid game" and ban them if they ahelp over winning a stupid prize

edit: this probably works for in-universe slurs too like calling a lizard a ligger, don't expect the admins to save you if said lizard throws you out an airlock or beats the shit out of you
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #447863

there is a certain self policing aspect here, in that the people who do this shit the most highly correlate with the people who are shit players that get banned eventually anyway
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #447878

It's a non-issue. Adding a rule against it will just create a Streisand effect and make something that barely happens into a forbidden fruit shitters will use as an excuse to spam nigger in all comms channels
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #447994

aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #448013

have you considered growing a thicker skin OP
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #448023

allow me to culminate all the arguments into one post

don't be a nigger

it's important to allow people to say things you don't like so you have someone to be mad at

something something 4chins server something something

something something we not goon something something
BeeSting12 wrote:have you considered growing a thicker skin OP
slipperly slope into digg server

its a non issue

you're a faggot for wanting to censor people
Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Malkraz wrote:Account was made minutes before this post, for the record.
This is a complaint.

You can be new and make a complaint. You don't need to be a veteran of the great ss13 wars in order to go 'eh, i dunno about saying nibbas, guys'
this is factually incorrect, you have to play on the server since the great ss13 wars to be qualified to make a contextual decision that affects people who have been here since then, gaylord
Malkraz wrote:Account was made minutes before this post, for the record.
guarnteed shitter whos hunting the free speeches
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #448985

oranges wrote:

I told you guys not to admin this dude
Can the headmins do a poll for censoring the word nigger, ligger, kike, faggot, queer, but more specifically anything referring to non gender neutral terminology. We should use they. Proper pronouns like Shi and Hir to refer to hermaphroditic characters in game. Words hurt like punches to the face people.

Edit: because this videos relevant.

[youtube]T549VoLca_Q[/youtube]
Last edited by Snuffleupagus on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MollyKristoph
Byond Username: MollyKristoph

Post by MollyKristoph » #448989

Dr_XField wrote:Why are people allowed to say nigger on here? it makes no sense and should be changed. Im not even black but my character is and its really annoying and shouldn't be tolerated at all.

Seriously, why are we entertaining this sallow-skinned nigger-nagger?
Begone, THOT! or some other suitably edgiboi term to banish the rainbowheaded ha'twink back to tumblr.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #449024

Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #449034

John_Oxford wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:You can be new and make a complaint. You don't need to be a veteran of the great ss13 wars in order to go 'eh, i dunno about saying nibbas, guys'
this is factually incorrect, you have to play on the server since the great ss13 wars to be qualified to make a contextual decision that affects people who have been here since then, gaylord
Good thing he's making a complaint and not actually making the decision. That would be biased as fuck.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #449175

Shitposting aside. /tg/ administration and server culture has no interest in tone policing. Only cases we would really step in on are repeated, targeted harassment or rule 8 issues. If this really bothers you though, I suggest you try Goon station or Yogstation, they should be more your speed.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #449999

The good ol' days when you could use NTSL to filter bad words con comms.

Thinking about that, if slurs really become an issue and admins won't take any actions, someone could just PR a word filter like most multiplayer games already do
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #450001

Grazyn wrote:The good ol' days when you could use NTSL to filter bad words con comms.

Thinking about that, if slurs really become an issue and admins won't take any actions, someone could just PR a word filter like most multiplayer games already do
bringing back memories of SA years ago when "fag" got filtered to "hamham" and then people started calling each other hamhamgots even after the filter was removed
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #450004

We used to have word censoring here on the forums as well. I disabled it in my prefs years ago but it seems it was disabled globally as well.

So a word filter you can turn on in your game prefs would be the best thing, without the need to force it on everyone
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #450005

Or you could just not let words have such needless power over you
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #450008

Cobby wrote:Or you could just not let words have such needless power over you
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #450011

Cobby wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

We already ban people for excessive use of racism when it goes from saying "ligger" a bunch to lol it's a captain makes a concentration camp for lizards! event.
lol an admin encouraged me to do this once.
[this space reserved]
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #453147

Literally kor has forced all the lizards through the gateway once when he was cap, spoilers we actually don't ban them
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #453159

confused rock wrote:Literally kor has forced all the lizards through the gateway once when he was cap, spoilers we actually don't ban them
did none of the lizards learn what fucking fire extinguishers use?

water.

they deserved it for not being able to defeat a slime.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #453163

literally the same round that lizards were added, the AI was a traitor and they told all the lizards to gather in the holodeck then ran the plasma fire simulation
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #453176

D&B wrote:>Ever entertaining the idea of censoring a 4chan based server

You should be dragged into the street and curbstomped like the NPC you are
Racial Slurs aren't allowed on blue-boards anon. You'd get banned for that on /tg/
► Show Spoiler
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #453177

the 18+ rule is just a formality.

the current way to enforce it doesn't do shit so you're going to get dumb shit like this

back on topic, this will never be enforced consistently. It's probably just one of those things that would never be done by half the admin team and cause more drama. It's been like that in the past and it will be like that in the future.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #453348

Shadowflame909 wrote:

Racial Slurs aren't allowed on blue-boards anon. You'd get banned for that on /tg/
okay this is an epic comment
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #453372

Shadowflame909 wrote:

lol
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #454442

We have no interest in censoring the right to expression of others.
Other servers that have rules that restrict IC bigotry may better suit your interest, but this will never happen on /tg/.