ban friendly antags

imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

ban friendly antags

Post by imsxz » #450089

Bottom post of the previous page:

literally dont enable antag if you just wanna act like a nonantag, antags are here to antagonize not donate their uplink to the HOS.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: ban friendly antags

Post by obscolene » #450314

First, they came for the suiciding wizards -- and I did not say anything, because I did not suicide as wizard..

Then, they came for the friendly antags -- and I did not say anything, because I was not friendly as antag..
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #450331

delaron wrote:Is this a false flag thread to try and side swipe the job ban for wizard round start suicide?

friendly antag = hard to prove/enforce and so what it turns into a themed extended powder keg round?

suicide start wizard = easy to prove and not enjoyable for anyone. 5 minutes of no gameplay.

Job Ban wizard isnt even all that extreme since they are not playing wizard anyway.
It's really not hard to enforce, you lot are just thinking way too hard about it. You mentioned earlier that you "avoided death by ratting out other traitors" or something along those lines -- this isn't applicable because you did something with your antag status that made you wind up on death's row. I used "friendly antag" as a generalization for antags that dont do anything, and attempted to be more specific in recent posts.

I'll try and put it as clearly as I can I guess: If you have no intention of making ANYTHING of your antag role, be it TC trading, murderboning, buying meme antag items, or what have you, why have it enabled? Would you appeal an antag ban if you had zero intention of doing antag things?

you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #450332

and no i dont give a single fuck about suiciding as wizard, i've never suicided as a wizard and never had plans to.

this is not a thread to get suicide wizard back i dont wanna use my antag rolls to suicide thanks

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #450360

lexia black wrote: I never made a comment on friendly antags before because I was under the impression that solo antags are allowed to do that type of thing if they want but recent events have taught me the general idea of "frowned upon" ways of carrying out your solo antagonist rounds.
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #450364

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

i'm discussing people who don't use their antag rolls to any advantage, not comparing it to suicide wizard or saying "well because suicide wizard got banned..."

If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, I'd prefer you cut it out

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #450367

What frowned upon ways are you referring to in the case of solo antags, I haven't really noticed a problem of traitors not antagonizing enough
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #450370

This would be a problem if friendly antags suddenly stopped being valid, but that is not the case.

IC protections for solo antags means they can do whatever they want, that also means you can do whatever you want to them. Thats always been the case. If you get pissy about a friendly wizard just fucking murder them and make your own fun.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #450376

Here are my thoughts.

If an antag is basically playing thier round friendly it turns the round into a soft extended with option to antag if something provokes them. Is that terrible? If so, should extended/secret extended be removed from the rotation?

How would you monitor and enforce this anyway? Round end and antag didnt do anything? Failed? What? I've died mining as antag shaft miner having not unlocked my pda would I be at risk for a boink at round end?
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #450431

Antags are suppose to create unique situations in a round, that’s why we allow them quite a bit of free reign from nothing to deleting the crew to deleting half the station with bombs.

If an antag would rather use his ability to spawn items to make a trade outpost rather than slaughter the crew, they’re still doing their job.

You can still kill them and they can still complete their objectives, it’s a risk they invoke on themselves.

Compare to Wizard suicide where you do literally nothing and just double the round lobby and let everyone who enjoys wizard miss out on being/fighting against one.

You’re also enabled to shift the round as an admin as you see fit, that’s the nice thing about being a DM. Use those powers (for good)!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #450486

imsxz wrote:https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

i'm discussing people who don't use their antag rolls to any advantage, not comparing it to suicide wizard or saying "well because suicide wizard got banned..."

If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, I'd prefer you cut it out
this isnt a thread to contribute to. there should have never been a discussion on this in the first place, as this is a dumbass campaign to repeal one of the defining aspects of /tg/.

once again:
Deitus wrote: just because other people dont play hyper powergamer like you does NOT mean you get to police them on how they want to use their traitor round.
>j-just listen guys!!
people have responded but apparently this isnt getting through:
antags.
can.
do.
whatever.
they.
want.
period. end of discussion. fuck off. you will not win this.
what part of this arent you understanding? you can tie your tongue up in knots with word games or do all the mental gymnastics you want, but this isn't up for debate. fuck off.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #450491

Even in the case where an antag does absolutely nothing, like they never open their uplink and just wander around talking to people, it would be a bad idea to restrict them in the rules.

Part of rule 0 allows admins to do what they see fit to enhance a round. If you see someone doing nothing with their antag roll at all and that it's having a negative impact on the round then spice things up. It still requires you to notice it and take action like a ban but you don't have to fuck with a core part of what makes /tg/ what it is, lone antags can do anything they want.

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
--Crocodillo

imsxz

Post by imsxz » #450498

Deitus wrote:snip
treating your antag roll as if you never got it isn't "playing antag however you want", it's not even playing antag.

Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #450500

imsxz wrote:
treating your antag roll as if you never got it isn't "playing antag however you want", it's not even playing antag.
Then why not make another antag
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #450502

>antag isn't antagging enough
>lets ban them instead of simply adding another antag that lets another player have more fun while still not infringing on the first player's fun
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #450503

imsxz wrote:

how is one person this thick skulled

how are you not getting this

whatever, i've told you why you're retarded and you keep trying to wriggle your way out of it and failing, so im just gonna leave it to all the other people who have been telling you you're retarded to do so in my stead. ill finish as i started:
fuck off. you will not win this.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #450510

Spawn another traitor with the objective to kill the antag doing nothing. Give that traitor their target's uplink code.
--Crocodillo

iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #450516

oranges wrote:surprise surprise
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #450520

>want to try cool atmos project
>forget to turn traitor off
>oh well I'll just ignore it and make my project anyw-
>BWOINK BIN BUN BANNU
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #450548

who the fuck is gonna make the call "this guy's antag but doesn't have any attack logs on him, he's not opened his uplink yet either, he's not doing his job"

are you gonna be the one to handle the admin complaint because you hadn't noticed him hiding hellfoam grenades in disposal bins around the station and he hadn't got around to setting them off yet
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #450551

Grazyn wrote:>want to try cool atmos project
>BWOINK BIN BUN BANNU
>oh well I'll just ignore it and make my project anyway
>ahelp asking admins to give my antag role to somebody else and carry on
NOT THAT I'M ADVOCATING TO FULLY BAN FRIENDLY ANTAGS, but this is a bad argument
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #450569

Those stupid fucking friendly antags are stealing my antag rolls, bro!! These people should be banned for not playing the game the way I want them to. Fucking ass wholes. It's taking away from people like ME who actually antagonize as antag. Everyone would have a LOT more fun if I was able to mass murder everyone and not let them play the game instead of this stupid headass rolling antag and NOT KILLING ANYONE!!!!! Grr..
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #450590

this whole thread is salt over the ban on wuizard suicide and should be put in the trash
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #450634

PKPenguin321 wrote:
>BWOINK BIN BUN BANNU
NOT THAT I'M ADVOCATING TO FULLY BAN FRIENDLY ANTAGS, but this is a bad argument
ive done this they didnt give it to anyone but said i could offer my body if i didnt wanna play
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #450645

PKPenguin321 wrote:
>BWOINK BIN BUN BANNU
Things aren't always that clear-cut. What if he wants to stay antag for the aforementioned advantages, like free reign when an interloper starts to mess with his project instead of having to rely on escalation rules? What if he wants to do some antag stuff later eventually when he gets bored of his project? How long can he expect to be left alone doing non-antag things before the bwoinks start pouring down on him?
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #450665

Grazyn wrote:but what if i want to not have to worry about gaylord mcfuck abusing escalation policy on my ass?
In theory, you could give the guy that doesn't want to be traitor a custom antag role or just make him lose his uplink while making someone else traitor.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #450683

Grazyn wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
>BWOINK BIN BUN BANNU
Things aren't always that clear-cut. What if he wants to stay antag for the aforementioned advantages, like free reign when an interloper starts to mess with his project instead of having to rely on escalation rules? What if he wants to do some antag stuff later eventually when he gets bored of his project? How long can he expect to be left alone doing non-antag things before the bwoinks start pouring down on him?
none of that was stated in your initial argument and if that was explicitly against the rules as it is in your hypothetical then i doubt that this hypothetical person would knowingly want to do these things in the first place
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #450694

mfw it's traitor and you have to eyeball 8 different antags to make sure they are either setting up something antagonistic or killing people because its a bannable offense otherwise
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #450695

I think there is a critical difference between being indifferent as a Traitor to your status and actively helping Security/Crew as a Syndicate agent openly and giving them your gear.

Also, I only think friendly antags are an issue for Team antags (which is a non-issue since its banable) and for solo antags like Wizard.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #450702

let's ban extended because there's not enough antagonizing going around
every round MUST BE A CLUSTERFUCK OTHERWISE I DON'T LIKE THE WAY YOU PLAY MY GAME!!!!!!!
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #450703

CreationPro wrote:let's ban extended
this, but unironically
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #450705

I think trader syndicates are quite enjoyable if done infrequently, it would be a real shame if those got taken away.

I also haven't seen overtly friendly traitor (that went well) in a while either.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #450745

PKPenguin321 wrote: none of that was stated in your initial argument and if that was explicitly against the rules as it is in your hypothetical then i doubt that this hypothetical person would knowingly want to do these things in the first place
Lol what
"Why would you want to do these things if we decided they are against the rules"
The whole point of discussing policy is to have rules that people find fair

What I described is a reasonable situation that happens all the time, admins are talking about making it bannable and all you have to say is "well if it's bannable you are not going to do it, what's the problem?"

Also my question still stands: if antagonizing becomes mandatory, how long can you expect to be left alone doing non-antag things before admins start bwoinking you asking to give up your antag status or get banned?
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #450786

God imagine murderboning every single round you roll antag then having the gall to get upset and complain when other people who win the antag lottery don’t go on a le epic murder spree and and play the game the way they want because LONE ANTAGONISTS CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #450800

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Admin: Hello, I couldn't help but notice you've spent a considerable amount of time working on that circuit.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

Admin PM from-Admin: As I'm sure you know, wasting an antag slot is a bannable offense.

Admin PM from-Admin: I'm going to offer your body to ghosts and give you a note unless you do something antagonistic in the next 10 minutes.

Admin PM from-Admin: Any further violations will result in an antag jobban. You have been warned.

Admin PM from-Admin: Thank you for your cooperation.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #450802

Qbmax32 wrote:God imagine murderboning every single round you roll antag then having the gall to get upset and complain when other people who win the antag lottery don’t go on a le epic murder spree and and play the game the way they want because LONE ANTAGONISTS CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT
/thread, should probably just be locked at this point. Next someone will want to antag ban people who aren't robust enough to kill everyone, then I'll never get antag again.
--Crocodillo

delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #450839

Ok I am seeing the distinction trying to be made.

The scenario in question is when a traitor at round start goes to security turning themselves in while handing their pda with codes over. So its being posed that it should be frowned upon/ban able?

In my opinion this seems too specific and still generally a headache to enforce. Is this a problem large enough in scale to warrant attention of policy changes? Its not low hanging fruit and doesn't offer a net positive change considering the overhead to enforce.

At most I could see adding something along the lines of "Signing up to play as an antag role you accept it is part of your responsibility to advance the round type. " People regularly being reported for going against the spirit of that could open themselves up to a note or inquiry by admin? Even then it seems to over complicate something that is potentially not an actual problem.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #450904

Someone kill this thread please before people actually mindfuck themselves into policing antags is a good idea.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #450913

SaveVatznick wrote:Someone kill this thread please before people actually mindfuck themselves into policing antags is a good idea.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #450937

Can admins please stop spamming every single policy thread with "this is dumb lock this"

the one about ur was legitimately dumb but here we have actual admins saying they are in favour of this, meaning that in the absence of a clear policy they will probably ban, note or otherwise harass antags who don't cause "conflict"

the more you spam "close it" the more headmins will feel peer pressured into closing it with the usual vague statement which solves nothing
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #450955

WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:God imagine murderboning every single round you roll antag then having the gall to get upset and complain when other people who win the antag lottery don’t go on a le epic murder spree and and play the game the way they want because LONE ANTAGONISTS CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT
/thread, should probably just be locked at this point. Next someone will want to antag ban people who aren't robust enough to kill everyone, then I'll never get antag again.
next they'll wanna ban traitors who suicide.

i dont think im supposed to lock my own policy threads but someone can feel free to do that, i'm convinced enough that TG knows what is right for antags, thank you all for discussing this with me.

deitus could probably use a chill pill or two, though.

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #450956

if you are dumb we are well within our rights to call you dumb, quit acting so fucking dumb.

If you can't persuasively argue your point with the headadmins that's your own problem.

Headadmins close this salt thread.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #451046

imsxz wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:
next they'll wanna ban traitors who suicide.

i dont think im supposed to lock my own policy threads but someone can feel free to do that,
you're absolutely allowed to lock threads you yourself opened, no worries.
Spoiler: